Windows 10: Signs of Ransomware detected, no progress further possible

Discus and support Signs of Ransomware detected, no progress further possible in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; First of all my setup:Synology NAS with DSM7, CloudSync encrypted to OneDrive. No OneDrive installed on any PC, that is logged into my MS... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Julian Lambart, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Signs of Ransomware detected, no progress further possible

First of all my setup:Synology NAS with DSM7, CloudSync encrypted to OneDrive. No OneDrive installed on any PC, that is logged into my MS account.Synology gets the data from my Win10 machine unencrypted. Problem:I wanted to sign in via https://onedrive.live.com As soon as the website finished loading, I was greeted with a screen see pic 1, telling me there was a ransom detection. "Ok", I thought, lets get rid of it.But whenever I try to click the "Get started" button, nothing happens. When I hover over it, it shows nothing. No javascript, no link, nothing, just my mouse turing to

:)

Julian Lambart, Sep 4, 2021
  2. Smeed Win User
  3. I have been infected with Ransomware

Oh.

I see that a Community Moderator converted your thread from a Discussion to a Question.

Do you have a question?

It is not quite clear (to me at least) why you've created this thread....

In case that you do indeed have a problem with ransomware:

It would be helpful if you would describe your problem more precisely, see:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Without knowing more details, suggestion to read/do:

Try to identify with what Ransomware you're dealing here:
    https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/index.php

and read/follow this guide:
    How to remove ransomware the right way: A step-by-step guide

Also: See the pinned threads here:
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/239/ransomware-help-tech-support/

Might be the best to get free expert help in above mentioned bleepingcomputer forum....

=======================

Also suggestion to read:

Jsssssssss, Sep 4, 2021
  4. Signs of Ransomware detected, no progress further possible

Detecting and Removing Ransomware

The best defensive strategy to protect yourself from malware and ransomware (crypto malware) infections is a

comprehensive approach
    to include prevention and your
    best defense is back up, back up, and more back up on a regular basis. Preferably keeping a separate, offline backup to a device that is not always connected to the network.

IMPORTANT!!! When implementing a backup strategy
    include testing to ensure it works before an emergency arises; routinely check to verify backups are being made and stored properly; remove (disconnect) and isolate all backups from the network or home computer...if not, you risk ransomware
    infecting them when it strikes.

For more suggestions to protect yourself from ransomware infections, see my comments (Post #2) in this topic...Ransomware
    Avoidance

quietman7 - MVP, Sep 4, 2021
Thema:

Signs of Ransomware detected, no progress further possible

1. Signs of Ransomware detected, no progress further possible - Similar Threads - Signs Ransomware detected

2. With Azure, is it possible to bulk invite users but provide further attributes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    With Azure, is it possible to bulk invite users but provide further attributes?: I would like to bulk invite users with attributes for that user. I have been using this bulk invite option from within the Entra/AAD area but would like to be able to provide further attributes. For example, I would like to import using first name, last name, email,...
  3. No possible way to sign in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No possible way to sign in?: The only sign in option showing is PIN, which is “disabled due to failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns”, and no button is showing to access other sign in options. I have tried using command prompt commands I saw on another post with the same problem but they don’t...
  4. No possible way to sign in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No possible way to sign in?: The only sign in option showing is PIN, which is “disabled due to failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns”, and no button is showing to access other sign in options. I have tried using command prompt commands I saw on another post with the same problem but they don’t...
  5. Possible ransomware attack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible ransomware attack: Split from this thread. sir i am just checked. But now also not available and i am just start my laptop. In desktop i am not created. But one note pad read me i am reading the note pad i am encryption the all folder you need to give me 1200 $ to decrypt the all folder....
  6. Getting pop-ups that "There is a ransomware detected".

Getting pop-ups that "There is a ransomware detected".: As you can see that in screen shot one it scanned risky worm on drive D, But there is no D drive on my device. And I also removed this virus so many times through M.S Defender, but it shows same Pop-Up again and again. After that I run MS Safety Scanner, but it says there no...
  7. Any further steps indicated for these detected malware?

Any further steps indicated for these detected malware?: Laptop hangs unexpectedly Ref is made to above thread wherein zbook asks for Any further steps indicated for these detected malware? Await Yours, 154476
  8. Cannot sign in to OneDrive due to "Ransomware Detected" page

Cannot sign in to OneDrive due to "Ransomware Detected" page: Every time I try to sign in online, I get the page "Ransomware Detected" which I am aware of. The issue has been fixed on my computer. But the ransomware detected page keeps popping up and constantly refreshes so I can't even hit the "Get Started" button. I am unable to...
  9. Ransomware behavior detected - TiWorker.exe

Ransomware behavior detected - TiWorker.exe: Hello, I received a new notification from my Bitdefender Total Security 2019 this morning: [ATTACH] Now, I know TiWorker.exe is part of the Windows system process, and this could be a possible false positive on my security. I'm just wondering why this has manifested all...
  10. Sadly, protection from ransomware is not totally possible

Sadly, protection from ransomware is not totally possible: I was trying to see what might be a good way to protect oneself from ransomware. The reason that I started thinking about this is that my external backup disks are continuously connected to my PC. This would mean that a ransomware attack could infect those external disks as...