Windows 10: Sigverif reported a dll file that is not signed. What do i do?

Discus and support Sigverif reported a dll file that is not signed. What do i do? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hellu, today I was unable to start a game and was suggesting to run a sigverif. After doing that I found out that the file "nvcpl.dll" was not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HakanDurur, May 9, 2020.

1. Sigverif reported a dll file that is not signed. What do i do?

Hellu,

today I was unable to start a game and was suggesting to run a sigverif.

After doing that I found out that the file "nvcpl.dll" was not signed.

I thought updating or reinstalling the Nvidia Geforce driver might be the solution, however

I still encounter this file not being signed, which makes me unable to play a certain game.

Now my question: What do I do? Sigverif reported a dll file that is not signed. What do i do? :D What can fix this issue?

Thank you for any repsone!

:)

HakanDurur, May 9, 2020
  2. zylstrar Win User

Sigverif reports system files not signed

Sigverif reports that msvcp110.dll and vcruntime140.dll are not signed.

I have run sfc /scannow to no avail. I performed a takeown on both files but got the following error when I attempted to regsvr32:

---------------------------

RegSvr32

The module "vcruntime140.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.

Make sure that "vcruntime140.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.

OK

Is either the fact that they are unsigned or the fact that I got the error upon attempting regsvr32 of any concern?

zylstrar, May 9, 2020
  3. Sigverif reports system files not signed

Hi,

The issue may occur due to corrupted system files. In order for us to assist you, we suggest to check this article:

How to fix missing DLL files errors on Windows 10/8/7 PC
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, May 9, 2020
  4. Inicus Win User

Sigverif reported a dll file that is not signed. What do i do?

False Positives: Drivers from working computer copied over still showing as "unsigned drivers" by sigverif

I tried installing an old game from the disc (Bet on Soldier). It said it would not work on my OS, only XP and 95, but I went ahead anyway.

After install it required a restart. It could not boot until I disabled driver signature enforcement.

I remembered a similar thing happened a while back when I tried to play the demo of the game, so I'm pretty sure the game's installer is making a bad change to a Windows file somewhere, probably with an out-of-date driver signature.

I ran sigverif and it found three unsigned drivers in c:\windows\system32\

msvcp110.dll

msvcr110.dll

vccorlib110.dll

However, the date modified for each of those files was not today, but several years ago (5/11/2012), so it seems unlikely. I followed all the procedures I could find on these forums:

1) I ran sfc /scannow. It repaired one file: mscormmc.dll. Edit: Also tried DISM /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth and it reported no corruption detected, and completed successfully:

Version 10.0.17763.1

Image Version: 10.0.17763.379

No component store corruption detected.

The operation completed successfully.

2) Downloaded Visual Studio Redistributable 2017 (Edit: Also tried with the 2012 version) and tried repairing, and tried uninstalling then installing again. Made no difference.

3) Copied the specific dll files from my partner's computer (also running up-to-date Windows 10) and using them to replace my versions of those three dll's. Still sigverif finds them to be unsigned. Ran sigverif on my partner's computer and it finds no signature
    problems with any of her files.

This suggests to me that it has nothing to do with these three dll's, but is actually a reference problem - I think these dll's have the correct signature, and whatever signature database sigverif is checking against has been altered or corrupted and no longer
    has the correct signatures in its database for these three dll's. Next I tried:

4) I ran cmd as admin, used takeown /f on each of the files, and tried "regsvr32 msvcp110.dll" for each of them, and received this error:

"The module "c:\windows\system32\msvcp110.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.

Make sure that "C:\windows\system32\msvcp110.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again."

5) Just to see what would happen, I deleted these three dll's and ran sigverif, and it still reported that these were unsigned, but now it listed their date modified as "Unknown" and their version as "None" in the dialog box. I tried deleting another random
    dll from that directory to see if sigverif would show the same error whenever a dll was missing, but it didn't. It still only found a problem with those three dll's.

So where/how does sigverif or Windows check the driver signatures? Is there a local database on the computer?

I'm guessing it might have something to do with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Driver Signing registry key. Is there a way I can get Windows to refresh/verify/update this?

Or any other ideas on how to solve this?

Inicus, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Sigverif reported a dll file that is not signed. What do i do?

1. Sigverif reported a dll file that is not signed. What do i do? - Similar Threads - Sigverif reported dll

2. dll files + what applications do I have to install to get the required dll files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dll files + what applications do I have to install to get the required dll files?: I am running an application, but the below dll files cannot be founducrtbased.dllVCRUNTIME140D.dllVCRUNTIME140.dllCan someone tell me what applications I need to install to get these? Below are some applications I have tried. windows sdk visual studiovisual C++...
  3. dll files + what applications do I have to install to get the required dll files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dll files + what applications do I have to install to get the required dll files?: I am running an application, but the below dll files cannot be founducrtbased.dllVCRUNTIME140D.dllVCRUNTIME140.dllCan someone tell me what applications I need to install to get these? Below are some applications I have tried. windows sdk visual studiovisual C++...
  4. Today i run a command " sigverif" and it gives me 2 files is not signed 1 amfrt32.dll...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Today i run a command " sigverif" and it gives me 2 files is not signed 1 amfrt32.dll...: Today i run a command " sigverif" and it gives me 2 files is not signed 1 amfrt32.dll 2amfrt64.dll should i delete them ? Or what should i do ?...
  5. Today i run a command " sigverif" and it gives me 2 files is not signed 1 amfrt32.dll...

Today i run a command " sigverif" and it gives me 2 files is not signed 1 amfrt32.dll...: Today i run a command " sigverif" and it gives me 2 files is not signed 1 amfrt32.dll 2amfrt64.dll should i delete them ? Or what should i do ?...
  6. Vcruntime140_1.dll was not found, MSVCP140.dll was not found. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vcruntime140_1.dll was not found, MSVCP140.dll was not found. What do I do?: I've tried everything online. I've tried resinstalling the program, I've tried download the MSVCP DLL and put it in the program, I've uninstallled and then reinstalled VCRuntime140_1. What do you know, doesn't work. I am really starting to get pissed at this. Ever since I...
  7. Vcruntime140_1.dll was not found, MSVCP140.dll was not found. What do I do?

Vcruntime140_1.dll was not found, MSVCP140.dll was not found. What do I do?: I've tried everything online. I've tried resinstalling the program, I've tried download the MSVCP DLL and put it in the program, I've uninstallled and then reinstalled VCRuntime140_1. What do you know, doesn't work. I am really starting to get pissed at this. Ever since I...
  8. Vcruntime140_1.dll was not found, MSVCP140.dll was not found. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Msvcp140.dll is missing what do I do

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Msvcp140.dll is missing what do I do: I am trying to play Sims 4 but keep being told Msvcp140.dll is missing what do I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msvcp140dll-is-missing-what-do-i-do/aca8a511-10f8-4d28-ac28-2ef0c264dc55
  10. What dll's do I install

in Windows 10 Support
    What dll's do I install: Hi, I am running Windows 10 64 bit Home on a Dell desktop, with an Intel duel core processor at 3.10GHz and 8 GB of Ram. I also use Paint Shop Pro 9 graphics program, and have always had to install some dll's in order for my plug-ins to work in the PSP9 program. Can...