Windows 10: sihost causing computer screen to go black on launch, possibly a trojan?

Discus and support sihost causing computer screen to go black on launch, possibly a trojan? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there. Recently I've been having an issue that whenever I boot my PC and login, a program runs and my screen goes black, with only the mouse... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RaddaRadda, Apr 16, 2019.

1. sihost causing computer screen to go black on launch, possibly a trojan?

Hi there.

Recently I've been having an issue that whenever I boot my PC and login, a program runs and my screen goes black, with only the mouse visible and nothing to interact with. The way I've been working around this is by ctrl + alt + del and then running task manager, where I see a program called 'COM Surrogate'. When I check details it relates so a 'svchost' file run by the system, but the only way to regain control of my PC is to end a 'sihost' service that claims to be executed by me.

I've ran my anti-virus and it doesn't detect anything but the issue is still there. Any idea how I can completely remove this issue, so on boot my PC boots normally? I have the dump file of the 'sihost' if that helps, just not sure how to attach them haha.

Thank you for your help!

:)

RaddaRadda, Apr 16, 2019
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Apr 16, 2019
  4. sihost causing computer screen to go black on launch, possibly a trojan?

Preparing automatic repair - black screen asus laptop

Hi,

In most cases, this issue is caused by a corrupted system file. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Is there an error code displayed when the screen turns black?
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    article. It contains information and resolution about black screen errors.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

sihost causing computer screen to go black on launch, possibly a trojan?

1. sihost causing computer screen to go black on launch, possibly a trojan? - Similar Threads - sihost causing computer

2. Computer won’t go past black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won’t go past black screen: This is my second build of a of but my 3rd rebuild of this specific pc. I rebuilt the pc. Updated chipset drivers and redownloaded icue and steam. I was playing games fine this time no issues so I decided to take the plunges and try to update windows. Windows seems to be the...
  3. Computer won’t go past black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer won’t go past black screen: This is my second build of a of but my 3rd rebuild of this specific pc. I rebuilt the pc. Updated chipset drivers and redownloaded icue and steam. I was playing games fine this time no issues so I decided to take the plunges and try to update windows. Windows seems to be the...
  4. Computer screen going black and blue screen of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer screen going black and blue screen of death: I recently got a new PC with Windows 11 Pro:AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 16-Cores 4.5GHzMSI Pro X670-P WIFI DDR5G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Black DDR5 6800MHz CL34NZXT C1200 1200W GoldPNY RTX™ 4070 Ti Verto Triple Fan 12GI have already submitted a ticket to the production company for my...
  5. Computer screen going black and blue screen of death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer screen going black and blue screen of death: I recently got a new PC with Windows 11 Pro:AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 16-Cores 4.5GHzMSI Pro X670-P WIFI DDR5G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Black DDR5 6800MHz CL34NZXT C1200 1200W GoldPNY RTX™ 4070 Ti Verto Triple Fan 12GI have already submitted a ticket to the production company for my...
  6. trojan possibly?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    trojan possibly?: so I get really worried about virus's often and I noticed that explorer.exe and dllhost.exe are running in the background so I checked file location and they where in the right place so I'm about 95% sure they are legit but online it says if both of those are running at the...
  7. Computer freezing and going to Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezing and going to Black Screen: Hi there everyone, thought I would seek help here since I have tried a lot of fixes on my own to no avail. I've been getting constant crashes the past few days while using my PC, specifically when I am gaming. It sometimes happens out of the blue for no reason and sometimes...
  8. Computer possibly infected with Trojan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer possibly infected with Trojan: I believe that my computer has been infected with a trojan and adware. This is from the conviction that shortly after downloading a file from the internet, a rectangular box appeared on the bottom right hand side of the screen saying “google chrome docs crashed” and with text...
  9. Possible Trojan Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible Trojan Virus: I run Windows 10 Home on my Lap Top. In Windows Settings/Windows Security/Virus & Threat Protection/Protection History under "All recent items" it shows “Remediation incomplete” and status as "severe" in respect of a Trojan virus. Originally when I received the virus alert,...
  10. When launched, most games will go to black screen and be unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When launched, most games will go to black screen and be unresponsive: I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro today from Windows 8.1 Pro. My main issue with Win10 is that most of the games I play have trouble launching. I press play (in Steam), and the game will launch, but never fully load; it'll just go to a black screen, and in the task manager it says...