Windows 10: SIL3114 BIOS upgrade

Discus and support SIL3114 BIOS upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I recently purchased a SIL3114 PCI expansion board and after some fiddling had got it to work, however, I just upgraded the BIOS to the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GD4E1, May 26, 2019.

1. GD4E1 Win User

SIL3114 BIOS upgrade

Hi, I recently purchased a SIL3114 PCI expansion board and after some fiddling had got it to work, however, I just upgraded the BIOS to the latest version and now it isn't working. This thing has been nothing but issue after issue, first it wouldn't even appear, then it wouldn't install the drivers and now it's not visible after a bios upgrade. The website has also been changed so all of the links I've found do not work and it took awhile for me to find the upgrades for the BIOS and the drivers for the card. Furthermore after the upgrade it won't let me access the BIOS for the card (the option to hit F4 for setup has disappeared, I have tried it but it brought up some 'single boot option' page instead of the one I wanted (BIOS). It also seems to freeze my OS on and off, that issue stopped with the upgraded BIOS but now it won't detect. it is installed in a PCI slot (not a PCI-e)
    None of the partitions are showing up on This PC nor on Disk Management (I had several partitions set up on the RAID1 array I created before upgrading the BIOS, which may or may not still be in tact, no way to know) and the Driver for the card is not visible in Device Manager whereas it was before. I can't find anything on the windows system logs regarding it which makes me think it's an issue prior to windows booting. how do I go about fixing this issue or should I just send it back?

Thanks

:)

GD4E1, May 26, 2019

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, May 26, 2019
  3. Powercolor RX480 BIOS required

Find the unverified bios option.

eidairaman1, May 26, 2019
  4. BAGZZlash Win User

SIL3114 BIOS upgrade

MSI 5870 BIOS Update

Still can't reproduce. Could you please post the exact BIOSes that produce the issue?

BAGZZlash, May 26, 2019
Thema:

SIL3114 BIOS upgrade

1. SIL3114 BIOS upgrade - Similar Threads - SIL3114 BIOS upgrade

2. DELL PC BIOS upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DELL PC BIOS upgrade: I have a 10-year-old DELL PC Optiplex 3010 and still receive BIOS updates from DELL. I've collected about 2 dozen updates and never installed any of them. If I had a backup plan I would have installed them. However, knowing how a bad BIOS update can brick a PC I've always...
  3. How to upgrade the system BIOS??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade the system BIOS??: My laptop needs to update, but every time it tries, it comes up with 'This PC can't run Windows 10' and it tells me to 'Contact my PC manufacturer to see if I can upgrade the system BIOS'.I've tried all sorts, can anyone tell me what to do??...
  4. How to upgrade the system BIOS??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to upgrade the system BIOS??: My laptop needs to update, but every time it tries, it comes up with 'This PC can't run Windows 10' and it tells me to 'Contact my PC manufacturer to see if I can upgrade the system BIOS'.I've tried all sorts, can anyone tell me what to do??...
  5. How to upgrade the system BIOS??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. BIOS upgrade?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BIOS upgrade?: Looking to flash the BIOS from legacy to UEFI on my desktop (see signature for full specs). I'm currently running the latest legacy BIOS F-10 and the Gigabyte shows U1J (Beta BIOS). Will the upgrade to the UEFI BIOS take care of the switch from MBR to GPT? GA-Z68XP-UD3...
  7. BIOS upgrade?

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS upgrade?: Looking to flash the BIOS from legacy to UEFI on my desktop (see signature for full specs). I'm currently running the latest legacy BIOS F-10 and the Gigabyte shows U1J (Beta BIOS). Will the upgrade to the UEFI BIOS take care of the switch from MBR to GPT? GA-Z68XP-UD3...
  8. BIOS Upgrading

BIOS Upgrading: Hello. I'm wondering which BIOS upgrade I need for the Windows 10 version 1903 update. I haven't installed this update for a while because of this BIOS problem. My Windows version is 10.0.14393 Build 14393, my system model is HP Pavillion Notebook, and my current BIOS version...
  9. Bios upgrade

Bios upgrade: Hey, how do i install a newer BIOS?. I have anLenovo Ideacentre y700 34ISH. I have updated the BIOS the system information program tells me i have an older BIOS. My BIOS version is LENOVO O1ZKT45A, 07.11.2017. Sorry for bad English :)...
  10. BIOS upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BIOS upgrade: Greetings all. I'm trying to update / upgrade to the latest version of windows 10, and I get a message that says my BIOS needs to be upgraded before the windows upgrade can continue. Help! 109463

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sil3114 windows 10 driver