Windows 10: Silent Installation of software by defining parameters

Discus and support Silent Installation of software by defining parameters in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey Guys, I am trying to create a batch file to install an application silently but that application requires some user interaction like click 'next'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mr_A_497, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Mr_A_497 Win User

Silent Installation of software by defining parameters

Hey Guys,

I am trying to create a batch file to install an application silently but that application requires some user interaction like click 'next' and click 'finish' So I want to give these parameters from earlier so I can install it in completely silent.

Could anybody help me to find a way to solve it?

:)

Mr_A_497, Jul 9, 2019
  2. ryanly Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Pegasone Win User
    Desktop App Converter - silent installer?

One of the requirements for successfully running the Desktop App Converter app, now available on Windows Store, is a silent installer for the desktop application to convert to appx package. I would like to ask the TenForums users for suggestions on creating such a silent (non-interactive) installer.

Update: NSIS can create silent installers Silent Installation of software by defining parameters :)

Pegasone, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Silent Installation of software by defining parameters

OVI Installation and installation parameters

Another thing you can do to disable autoupdate is to just uninstall the "Nokia Ovi Suite Software Updater" after installation.

Search for it under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" (or "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall on 64 bit machines) in the registry, to find out the CLSID. In version 3.1.1.80
    of the Ovi Suite it should be "{A8F7FCEF-3CA6-4CE9-8FEA-8BB18F8686F0}". Then you can silently uninstall it using the command "MsiExec.exe /X{A8F7FCEF-3CA6-4CE9-8FEA-8BB18F8686F0} /Qn".

Does anybody know how to change the language for a silent installation? I could use the /U option to unpack the exe file and then install all components individually using the usual ways for MSI files, but it would be fine if there were a parameter to do
    this when installing the complete exe file with the silent option.

Oneiros---01, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Silent Installation of software by defining parameters

1. Silent Installation of software by defining parameters - Similar Threads - Silent Installation software

2. How to install xbox silently for deployment?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install xbox silently for deployment?: We want to deploy it through SCCM but not able to install it silently. Please share the steps to install it through SCCM system wide.Download link for the same: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/xbox-app-for-pcI tried below commands but none working:XboxAppInstaller.exe /quiet...
  3. How to install xbox silently for deployment?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install xbox silently for deployment?: We want to deploy it through SCCM but not able to install it silently. Please share the steps to install it through SCCM system wide.Download link for the same: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/xbox-app-for-pcI tried below commands but none working:XboxAppInstaller.exe /quiet...
  4. Software Defined Radios SDR and Windows 11 and beyond.....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software Defined Radios SDR and Windows 11 and beyond.....: My primary use of a Windows 11 PC is with Software Defined Radios. Because you have forced a sign on to a Microsoft Account during initial installation, I worry that I may not be able to use my new Acer Nitro 5 PC as expected. Can I run in standalone mode Local Sign on after...
  5. Software Defined Radios SDR and Windows 11 and beyond.....

Software Defined Radios SDR and Windows 11 and beyond.....: My primary use of a Windows 11 PC is with Software Defined Radios. Because you have forced a sign on to a Microsoft Account during initial installation, I worry that I may not be able to use my new Acer Nitro 5 PC as expected. Can I run in standalone mode Local Sign on after...
  6. DXSETUP.exe/silent not working when installing oculus software. any help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DXSETUP.exe/silent not working when installing oculus software. any help?: Hello i just built a new pc and i was wondering why i cant install this. any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dxsetupexesilent-not-working-when-installing/6d72b072-ab1c-4e14-9640-45213ecbea7c
  7. DXSETUP.exe/silent not working when installing oculus software. any help?

DXSETUP.exe/silent not working when installing oculus software. any help?: Hello i just built a new pc and i was wondering why i cant install this. any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dxsetupexesilent-not-working-when-installing/6d72b072-ab1c-4e14-9640-45213ecbea7c
  8. DXSETUP.exe/silent not working when installing oculus software. any help?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Best (preferably free) way to install multiple software silently

Best (preferably free) way to install multiple software silently: Hello, I work helpdesk, do hardware maintenance, and oversee installing the CAD/Revit and other miscellaneous software on our new and old PCs. We are a small copany of under forty, so HDD cloning is off the table as we get three-ish PCs a year and they tend to be different...
  10. Assistance with understanding a silent install for Windows10

Assistance with understanding a silent install for Windows10: Hello, I am trying to get my head wrapped round what it is I need to do and in what order!! So far I have done this * Installed Windows 10 on a virtual machine * Changed group policy so Windows Firewall and Cortana is turned off (just testing) * Ran sysprep...