Windows 10: Silentcleanup task - bypass UAC security issue

Discus and support Silentcleanup task - bypass UAC security issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! This issue with the task below and the setting to run with highest privileges has been flagged as a security risk. I know individually you can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lindseyhale1, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Silentcleanup task - bypass UAC security issue

Hello! This issue with the task below and the setting to run with highest privileges has been flagged as a security risk. I know individually you can just uncheck the box, however I've been tasked to do this enterprise wide vis GPO. Does anyone know of a way to do this via GPO?

Silentcleanup task - bypass UAC security issue 1a5b51de-8756-4777-a427-df43fb5f3eef?upload=true.png

:)

lindseyhale1, Mar 26, 2021
  2. dskrobow Win User

Bypass UAC with Task Scheduler for Standard User Account

Hello, I'm trying to accomplish something that I haven't had success with yet.

I'm trying to automatically launch Skype in a standard user account. When Skype automatically updates itself, however, it prompts UAC, preventing it from launching unless an administrator password is entered. I want to bypass UAC so that Skype will automatically
    launch, even when updating itself, within the standard user account.

I've tried to get this to work through task scheduler. Under General --> Security options in the task that I create, I use an administrator account to run the task, select "Run whether user is logged in or not," and select "Run with highest privileges."
    When I try to run the task though, Skype doesn't launch (Right now, Skype needs to complete an auto-update. When I try to launch it normally, using the start menu, I receive a UAC prompt. I've left it un-updated so that I can test my method.).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

dskrobow, Mar 26, 2021
  3. RejZoR Win User
    MSI Afterburner 1.40 switches to bypass UAC

Ok, so there is finally option for this. However, even though this is nice and all, writing down those switches wouldn't hurt anyone. Any idea what those switches might be?
    I can't believe it i'm the only one launching system wide apps through Task Scheduler to avoid popups and still keep UAC enabled under Windows 7...

RejZoR, Mar 26, 2021
  4. Silentcleanup task - bypass UAC security issue

Grant a specific application permanent UAC permission

Hello jaksps,

In line with your concern, User Account Control doesn't have a "allowed-or-blocked" list and disabling the User Account Control involves security risks. Though, there is a workaround to run a program without UAC prompt using Task Scheduler. I'd recommend
    performing the steps suggested by SpiritX MS MVP in this
    thread

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

Silentcleanup task - bypass UAC security issue

1. Silentcleanup task - bypass UAC security issue - Similar Threads - Silentcleanup task bypass

2. Task Manager is triggering UAC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager is triggering UAC: why is it triggering UAC? usually task manager just opens without triggering UAC but recently this started happening to me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-is-triggering-uac/a3fce4e9-5058-4f34-b9eb-6fed20f17285
  3. Task Manager is triggering UAC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager is triggering UAC: why is it triggering UAC? usually task manager just opens without triggering UAC but recently this started happening to me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-is-triggering-uac/a3fce4e9-5058-4f34-b9eb-6fed20f17285
  4. bypass secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bypass secure boot: I made changes in windows registry that some websites tell for bypassing secure boot but still windows 11 installation dosnt start. WHY? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bypass-secure-boot/69c6ea8f-8f07-4b88-a65f-353eef374f5e
  5. bypass secure boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bypass secure boot: I made changes in windows registry that some websites tell for bypassing secure boot but still windows 11 installation dosnt start. WHY? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bypass-secure-boot/69c6ea8f-8f07-4b88-a65f-353eef374f5e
  6. Bypass UAC Prompt for Excel

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bypass UAC Prompt for Excel: Whenever I open Excel often I get the UAC verification prompt. So of course I have to click Yes to proceed. Word and PowerPoint donot raise the UAC prompt. I perceive Excel, as part of Microsoft Office, to be just as trusted as Word and PowerPoint. So why the UAC prompt only...
  7. UAC pointless - ESC bypasses admin approvals

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UAC pointless - ESC bypasses admin approvals: So.... - on my Windows 10 home desktop - I downloaded Firefox. - Started the installation. - Got prompted for admin's pin/password. - Pressed ESC. - I was returned back to installation - Firefox completed and launched successfully! The account I'm using is set to 'limited'...
  8. make a group bypass uac

in Windows 10 Customization
    make a group bypass uac: is there a way to make a group that gives administrator perms by default, like the hidden built in administrator account, but with a group? all of the users in the group will have administrator access, but uac will be disabled for the administrators in the group. is this...
  9. Got Hit By A Torjan With UAC Bypass

Got Hit By A Torjan With UAC Bypass: Hello , my name is zak and i've been hit by torjan planted in a program that was supposed to create keyloggers , upon launch of the program i received a message stating an error which i thought was suspicious because its one of the features of this keylogger to display an...
  10. How does Avast free bypass UAC

How does Avast free bypass UAC: Several times I have had Avast Free installed unwanted, mainly bundled with CCleaner, how does itt self install without User Account Control asking? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-does-avast-free-bypass-uac/bfd3991f-1fdd-4b73-b5ef-a48cebf2e199