Windows 10: Silicon Image PCMCIA card reports code 12 cannot find enough free resources in Windows 10

Discus and support Silicon Image PCMCIA card reports code 12 cannot find enough free resources in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Silicon Image SiI 3512 PCMCIA card I would like to use with an older laptop, a Fujitsu Lifebook T1010. Windows reports the PCMCIA controller... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Matthew H. Sawyer, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Silicon Image PCMCIA card reports code 12 cannot find enough free resources in Windows 10

I have a Silicon Image SiI 3512 PCMCIA card I would like to use with an older laptop, a Fujitsu Lifebook T1010. Windows reports the PCMCIA controller itself is just fine, but reports a code 12 cannot find enough free resources for the SiI card. See the below screen caps for the SiI 3512 card and Device Manager overall PCMCIA controller expanded, showing healthy.

Silicon Image PCMCIA card reports code 12 cannot find enough free resources in Windows 10 81c5ef28-3c04-4346-987f-335d16726d24?upload=true.png
    Silicon Image PCMCIA card reports code 12 cannot find enough free resources in Windows 10 1cc13d2a-0ad5-4b33-8f98-296420eb5c75?upload=true.png

As you can see, the SiI 3512 card the PCMCIA card is showing a code 12 not enough free resources. I've tried using older versions of the SiI driver, but the result is always the same -- code 12. I have Silicon Image SATA controllers in other computers running Windows 10 or Windows Server 2019 and they work fine, although none of these are PCMCIA cards. They're all PCIe. In any event, that seems to rule out a driver versioning issue.

The driver file shown for the O2Micro OZ711SP1 MemoryCardBus Controller is C:\Windows\system32\drivers\pcmcia.sys.

I've found plenty on Google that points the blame at the Creators update, and most seem to ultimately point back to this article: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/multiple-device-failure-code-12-after-windows-10/00d5fb85-c3b1-4e08-9aa8-2542c5771c2c?messageId=5e9c61dc-06e2-4a95-a540-edbcdb0ea495

Many folks found success with one of the two hacks. One involved changing the pcmcia service in the registry from a start value of 0 to 4, rebooting, then returning from 4 to 0, and rebooting again. The second involved renaming pcmcia.sys in C:\Windows\system32\drivers and, if that didn't work, renaming pcmcia.sys and pcmcia.inf in the driver store, and rebooting.

Another hack I found on Google was to try replacing pcmcia.sys with a version of pcmcia.sys from an earlier Windows 10 build. I tried that, and wound up with an unbootable system, forcing me to roll back that approach.

None of these made any difference. No combination of these "hacks" has fixed the issue. I still have an unusable SiI 3512 dual-port SATA card. Has anyone found success with another approach?

:)

Matthew H. Sawyer, Jan 29, 2020

2. Network Adapter problem in windows 10 cannot find enough resources that it can use (code 12)

I had this problem on an Acer Extensa 7230E notebook after a Windows 10 update.

Both the "Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet" adapter and the "Qualcomm Atheros AR5B91 Wireless Network" adapter suddenly stopped working with error code 12.

There seems to have been an (invisible) conflict between the resources of the PCMCIA "O2Micro OZ6912/601/711E0 CardBus/SmartCardBus Controller" and the network cards, after disabling the PCMCIA adapter the network adapters could be used again.

Hope this helps somebody, I searched for ages and did not find this solution...

Daan van Es, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Jezzrel Win User
    Network Adapter problem in windows 10 cannot find enough resources that it can use (code 12)

Wow, been looking for almost 15 hours to solve the issue. disabling the PCMCIA Adapter fixed my problem. My broadcom lan adapter and wireless are now working.

Jezzrel, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Silicon Image PCMCIA card reports code 12 cannot find enough free resources in Windows 10

Weird problem with CardBus eSATA Laptop Controller Adapter Card (seen as Silicon Image SiI 3512 SATALink Controller in DevMgr on Win 10 64bit)

Hi,

I have a puzzling issue to solve. It happens on my Dell D630 laptop with PCMCIA Cardbus II slot only running the latest build of Windows 10 64 bit (e.g. version 1607 build 14393.51).

The issue pertains to the following PCMCIA eSata controller from Startech:

SATA Controller Cards | StarTech.com

The manufacturer does not officially support it on Win 10, but it is supported on Windows 7. And frankly, I believe it is the only Cardbus II controller on the market allowing for fast connection to external drive enclosure (the
    laptop does not have USB 3.0, nor it is possible to connect it). The only other option is, of course, USB 2.0, way slower than eSata.

From Dell D630 manual:

"The PC Card slot has one connector that supports a single Type I or Type II card. The PC Card slot supports CardBus technology and extended PC Cards."

And so, I need to make it work. When i plug it in, the windows driver for Silicon Image SiI 3512 SATALink Controller, version 1.2.15.3 loads, but shows the following error:

"This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system."

Uninstalling, rebooting, reloading the driver from windows update catalog does not fix the issue. The interesting part is that the same card works perfectly well on my other windows 10 64 bit laptop, same build, and I can use it
    there successfully. Has anybody come across a similar issue? I am puzzled...

JackTheMark, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Silicon Image PCMCIA card reports code 12 cannot find enough free resources in Windows 10

1. Silicon Image PCMCIA card reports code 12 cannot find enough free resources in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Silicon Image PCMCIA

2. Not enough Resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not enough Resources: Ok im at my Wits end I dont understand why I keep randomly getting Not enough Recourses for my USB devices i know each controller has up top 127 roughly endpoints if im not mistaken and according to USB tree view Im using 81my USB devices Include:on controller: Intel USB 3.10...
  3. Network adapter can't find enough resources to use code 12

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network adapter can't find enough resources to use code 12: Hi, suddenly my networking card has stopped working. The entry in device manager states that the device 'can't find enough free resources that it can use. code 12 If you want to use this device disable one of the other devices on this system' The resources tab of the card...
  4. This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12)

in Windows 10 News
    This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12): [ATTACH]If you see Error code 12, This device cannot find enough free resources that it […] This article This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12) first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Fix "Code 12 - Not enough resources" on Windows 10?

Fix "Code 12 - Not enough resources" on Windows 10?: Hello, I have had two NVIDIA Tesla K10 GPU accelerator cards for a few days now. I installed them in a MacPro 5.1, which runs Win10Pro x64 using Bootcamp. Since the K10 is a dualGPU, I see 4 maps in the device manager. But apparently only one chip per card works, the...
  6. Code 12 not enough free resources on wifi adapter

Code 12 not enough free resources on wifi adapter: The last couple of weeks I've been having some problems with my wireless network adapter, where sometimes the device does not start correctly, resulting in my computer having no internet connection. The wireless adapter is an Intel AX200 on a PCIE adapter to be clear, my...
  7. Code 12 not enough resources to be use

Code 12 not enough resources to be use: Hello, Please help me to solve this kind of issue, i can't use my rx vega 11 graphics, it said that not enough resources to be use (code 12), what should I do to use my graphics card in my pc. Thank you! I hope someone will help me to solve this issue...
  8. Code 10.{The device cannot start.}{The system does not have enough resources.}

Code 10.{The device cannot start.}{The system does not have enough resources.}: I have a Dell Inspiron 3421. I installed Win 10 on it recently. After the install the 'Sound Device' & the 'Network Device' is unable to start....
  9. WLAN PCI card "cannot find enough free resources that it can use"

WLAN PCI card "cannot find enough free resources that it can use": I have been having problems with a WLAN PCI card which refuseth to work. Here are all the details on the Microsoft Community post. I would be chuffed if the people of TenForums could help me. As I said in the MS Community topic, I have found another with a similar problem...
  10. Device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

Device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12): This may be a simple question for one of you experts but certainly not simple for me and my old Dell Inspiron N5030 which I have just upgraded from Win7 to Windows 10 Home; Version 1607; Build 14.393693; 64-bit. Device manager shows: Display Adapters> Mobile Intel(R) 4...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. windows 10 hack pcmia

3. windows 10 pcmcia code 12

4. My silicon Image storage card dosent show up in win 10 device manager