Windows 10: Silicone image ATA 133 raaid controller not compatible with win 10 update

Discus and support Silicone image ATA 133 raaid controller not compatible with win 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Trying to upgrade to Win 10 and during the install process I get the message that the Silicone Valley ATA 133 raid controller is not compatible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by p_wallace, Dec 23, 2019.

1. p_wallace Win User

Silicone image ATA 133 raaid controller not compatible with win 10 update

Hello,

Trying to upgrade to Win 10 and during the install process I get the message that the Silicone Valley ATA 133 raid controller is not compatible with win 10. I am not very good with drivers and such but I tried updating the driver and it informs me that the software is up to date. I also tried to turn off the controller in Device Manager and re-install but I got the same error.

Should I have re-booted the computer after shutting off the controller for the change to take effect? Anyone with any info that might help is welcome to comment. I built this computer myself but it's been probably ten years and every component was top shelf at that time. Running 7 pro now and I never used the raid function and don't plan on using it anytime in the foreseeable future.

THANKS

Pete

:)

p_wallace, Dec 23, 2019

2. ATA 100 vs ATA 133 (CABLES ECT.)

I am going to upgrade form a 40GB ATA 100 to a 80GB ATA 133, will there be a big difference between performance? I also heard that all ATA cables are the same unless you're using a Serial ATA cable. What does that mean? (ITS STILL AN IDE CABLE BUT IT SAYS SERIAL ATA ON IT)

vampire622003, Dec 23, 2019
  3. sweeper Win User
    Win. 7 Fresh install - No S-ATA Driver?

General Information :
    Disk Controller : Intel 82801EB (ICH5) SATA I/O Controller

Drive Controller Features :
    Mode : IDE <----
    AHCI : No

Bit confused? I know XP and lower OS's needed to have floppy disks inserted during setup for S-ATA support but didn't figure Win. 7 would? It was just installed but I noticed my 500GB WD S-ATA II HDD is running - UDMA 6 (ATA-133) ???

Specs:
    Pentium 4 3.2GHz 'E'
    MSI 865PE Neo2-P
    WD 500 S-ATA II HDD
    Pioneer S-ATA DVD/RW
    2GB DDR400
    XFX Radeon HD4650 1GB AGP

BIOS:
    On-Chip ATA(s) Operate Mode - Native Mode
    ATA Configuration - S-ATA Only
    S-ATA Keep Enabled - Yes
    P-ATA Keep Enabled - No
    S-ATA Ports Definition - P0-1st / P1 2nd
    Configure S-ATA as RAID - No

sweeper, Dec 23, 2019
  4. Silicone image ATA 133 raaid controller not compatible with win 10 update

Windows 10 and Adobe Photoshop Compatibility

IF it is compatible in win 8.1 it should be compatible in win 10 As far as the compatibility list suggests there should be no problem

Silicone image ATA 133 raaid controller not compatible with win 10 update 34f0e45e-2f31-4dea-a02d-97d9be37cb0b.png

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

Silicone image ATA 133 raaid controller not compatible with win 10 update

1. Silicone image ATA 133 raaid controller not compatible with win 10 update - Similar Threads - Silicone image ATA

2. IDE ATA/ATAPI drivers not installed, unable to update Serial ATA Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IDE ATA/ATAPI drivers not installed, unable to update Serial ATA Controller: Just built a new computer and 2 of my hard drives are not being seen in windows but they are seen in the motherboard BIOS, when looking at my Device Manager it appears that my IDE ATA/ATAPI drivers appear to not be installed, the Serial ATA Controller is just listed under...
  3. IDE ATA/ATAPI drivers not installed, unable to update Serial ATA Controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IDE ATA/ATAPI drivers not installed, unable to update Serial ATA Controller: Just built a new computer and 2 of my hard drives are not being seen in windows but they are seen in the motherboard BIOS, when looking at my Device Manager it appears that my IDE ATA/ATAPI drivers appear to not be installed, the Serial ATA Controller is just listed under...
  4. IDE ATA/ATAPI drivers not installed, unable to update Serial ATA Controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers: Helloim trying to fix my laptop acer predator triton 300 and i noticed that it doesnt have IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ide-ataatapi-controllers/e9cf375e-6c3b-48b7-aaef-933d12ec89cd
  6. IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers: Helloim trying to fix my laptop acer predator triton 300 and i noticed that it doesnt have IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ide-ataatapi-controllers/e9cf375e-6c3b-48b7-aaef-933d12ec89cd
  7. Error: Silicon Valley ATA 133 raid controller is not compatible when trying to update to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error: Silicon Valley ATA 133 raid controller is not compatible when trying to update to...: Hello, Trying to upgrade to Win 10 and during the install process I get the message that the Silicone Valley ATA 133 raid controller is not compatible with win 10. I am not very good with drivers and such but I tried updating the driver and it informs me that the software...
  8. IDE ATA ATAPI controllers

IDE ATA ATAPI controllers: Hello there I'm kinda stuck here. Trying to format my usb flash drive. Right clicking on usb icon and choosing 'format' doesn't help as it says: windows was unable to complete the format. So I decided to do it by cmd but the thing is I'm not even able to clean the disk as...
  9. IDE ATA ATAPI controllers

IDE ATA ATAPI controllers: Hello there I'm kinda stuck here. Trying to format my usb flash drive. Right clicking on usb icon and choosing 'format' doesn't help as it says: windows was unable to complete the format. So I decided to do it by cmd but the thing is I'm not even able to clean the disk as...
  10. ide ata/atapi controllers

ide ata/atapi controllers: i have win 10 on a aurora 6 computer..i don't know if my controllers and dvd was accidentally erased or if they got lost in a upgrade. all i know is there not in device manager or in BIOS. i have ran the ePsa. today virtual agent did what she called a in place upgrade.i...