Windows 10: Silly boot message still interrupts and slows down boot

Discus and support Silly boot message still interrupts and slows down boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] As you can see from the photo, Windows asks me every time I boot if I want to boot from external USB drives I disconnected 3 months ago. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Maugli, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Maugli Win User

Silly boot message still interrupts and slows down boot

Silly boot message still interrupts and slows down boot [​IMG]

As you can see from the photo, Windows asks me every time I boot if I want to boot from external USB drives I disconnected 3 months ago.
    I want Windows to not show this message, and just boot and log in normally.

:)

Maugli, Dec 9, 2016
  2. CJSnow Win User

Windows 10 August Update Slows down boot and restart

I got the Windows 10 August update and I've noticed it causes my PC to boot up a lot slower and when I restart it seems to hang for a long time. Anyone else have this problem? Any idea of solutions?

Thank you!

CJSnow, Dec 9, 2016
  3. CJSnow Win User
    Windows 10 August Update Slows down boot and restart

Thanks for the input but it's not this. The startup programs are the same as they were before the update and it booted crazy fast. Since the update it takes about 3 minutes to boot, before it was about 10 seconds.

CJSnow, Dec 9, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

click on the start icon or Windows key + R. Then type msconfig. Go to the boot tab. You can delete the extra entries there.

NavyLCDR, Dec 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Silly boot message still interrupts and slows down boot - Similar Threads - Silly boot message

2. Why this interruption of boot process?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why this interruption of boot process?: Suddenly, when booting Win 10, I am asked to select the OS though there is only one OS on the boot disk. How can I eliminate this interruption see screenshot?...
  3. Why this interruption of boot process?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why this interruption of boot process?: Suddenly, when booting Win 10, I am asked to select the OS though there is only one OS on the boot disk. How can I eliminate this interruption see screenshot?...
  4. Why this interruption of boot process?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Booting interrupted by blue screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting interrupted by blue screens: HiMy notebook: an old Dell Inspiron 17R 5737, Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit 16GB RAM, an old Intel iCore 7 processor not compatible with Win 11 with all available Windows and Dell software updates installed. All hardware was working well according to Dell Software Assistant tool up...
  6. Booting interrupted by blue screens

Booting interrupted by blue screens: HiMy notebook: an old Dell Inspiron 17R 5737, Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit 16GB RAM, an old Intel iCore 7 processor not compatible with Win 11 with all available Windows and Dell software updates installed. All hardware was working well according to Dell Software Assistant tool up...
  7. Booting interrupted by blue screens

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Likely a silly question regarding slow down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Likely a silly question regarding slow down: I have a fresh install of 10 on my pc and it's running silky smooth. If I download steam (and no other programs) will having games on my hard drive cause it to run slower? Nothing else will be downloaded and obviously only one game at a time will be running submitted by...
  9. Still some "Sillies" in apps

Still some "Sillies" in apps: tp 10122 Weather App search - enter "Merrow" select "Merrow UK" screen shows info for Murrow a village some 150 miles away.*Confused Post code gets you to the correct destination. I trust they will get ironed out over time. Anybody else spotting silly bugs but...
  10. Boot interrupted-Solved

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot interrupted-Solved: This just started after using Windows 10 normally for two days. In the boot process at the start I get a black screen headed by "Edit Boot Options" which then describes the correct boot path etc. and is followed by [ /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN ]. If I then click on "submit", the...