Windows 10: Silly boot message still interrupts and slows down boot

Discus and support Silly boot message still interrupts and slows down boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] As you can see from the photo, Windows asks me every time I boot if I want to boot from external USB drives I disconnected 3 months ago. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Maugli, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Maugli Win User

Silly boot message still interrupts and slows down boot

Silly boot message still interrupts and slows down boot [​IMG]

As you can see from the photo, Windows asks me every time I boot if I want to boot from external USB drives I disconnected 3 months ago.
    I want Windows to not show this message, and just boot and log in normally.

:)

Maugli, Dec 9, 2016
  2. CJSnow Win User

Windows 10 August Update Slows down boot and restart

I got the Windows 10 August update and I've noticed it causes my PC to boot up a lot slower and when I restart it seems to hang for a long time. Anyone else have this problem? Any idea of solutions?

Thank you!

CJSnow, Dec 9, 2016
  3. CJSnow Win User
    Windows 10 August Update Slows down boot and restart

Thanks for the input but it's not this. The startup programs are the same as they were before the update and it booted crazy fast. Since the update it takes about 3 minutes to boot, before it was about 10 seconds.

CJSnow, Dec 9, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

click on the start icon or Windows key + R. Then type msconfig. Go to the boot tab. You can delete the extra entries there.

NavyLCDR, Dec 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Silly boot message still interrupts and slows down boot - Similar Threads - Silly boot message

2. Slow boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow boot.: takes 10 minutes to come up acessing the hard drive intermittenttly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-boot/bd179566-2500-4431-ae5f-921eb11013a6
  3. Slow Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Boot: The following is concerned with Win 10 Pro, V1809, B17763.503. I mentioned this because it seemed like my pc started this slow boot process, 1hr +, warm or cold start, after an os update. If I only sleep or hibernate the machine is ok. This only occurs after a shutdown....
  4. Slow booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow booting: I have an asus lapop with i5 8th gen processor 8gb ram and 2 gb graphics. Tge booting time is 20 seconds. Is it normal? Can i decrease the booting time? Sometimes the booting time varies(irregularity in booting time).kindlybprovide some easy and understandable ways....
  5. Slow boot

Slow boot: I have an Asus GL553vd laptop. When i open it and power it on, the hard disk light beeps for a while and stops. It shows no sign of turning on until the hdd light starts blinking. I want to know whether this is a hardware issue or caused by the windows. As ive started...
  6. Slow to Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow to Boot: Hi, since the latest upgrade to Windows 10 1803, my computer is taking approximately four to five times longer to boot, than before. Is this normal? 110711
  7. Still some "Sillies" in apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Still some "Sillies" in apps: tp 10122 Weather App search - enter "Merrow" select "Merrow UK" screen shows info for Murrow a village some 150 miles away.*Confused Post code gets you to the correct destination. I trust they will get ironed out over time. Anybody else spotting silly bugs but...
  8. Slow boot

Slow boot: Can't access task bar items for almost 15 min after boot up...can access limited on desktop. Really annoying and can't find reason.... 61965
  9. Boot interrupted-Solved

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot interrupted-Solved: This just started after using Windows 10 normally for two days. In the boot process at the start I get a black screen headed by "Edit Boot Options" which then describes the correct boot path etc. and is followed by [ /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN ]. If I then click on "submit", the...
  10. Slow boot, slow file explorer, slow trash bin and no shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow boot, slow file explorer, slow trash bin and no shut down: Hello, Today, I was messing around with a PS2 emulator (PCSX2) on my computer, and when I decided to restart the computer to move some files (the file explorer was saying "this folder is in use by another program"), my computer took a whopping three minutes to boot! When I...