Windows 10: Silly Question: Was my "item" shared?

Discus and support Silly Question: Was my "item" shared? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I right clicked on an important file and accidentally clicked "Share" then it said "This item will be shared." I didn't click anything else. I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PikaPikaBee, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Silly Question: Was my "item" shared?

I right clicked on an important file and accidentally clicked "Share" then it said "This item will be shared." I didn't click anything else. I just exited.

Was the item shared somewhere? Is it scheduled to be shared? Is it not shared unless you manually click on Bluetooth, Twitter, etc. (which I didn't do)?

I apologize if this is a silly question! The wording "this item WILL be shared" has me confused. Thank you.

submitted by /u/PikaPikaBee
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PikaPikaBee, Dec 19, 2019
  2. Martmcd Win User

Silly Question

Hi Sturner33333,

no such thing as a silly question, only silly answers.

click on the pen icon again to turn it off then you can drag the map.

please let me know if that is not what you were looking for.

Martmcd, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Dec 19, 2019
  4. DTG1 Win User

Silly Question: Was my "item" shared?

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

Silly Question: Was my "item" shared?

1. Silly Question: Was my "item" shared? - Similar Threads - Silly Question Was

2. Not ashamed to ask a silly question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not ashamed to ask a silly question: I was doing a backup of my files - several of which were skipped. I would like ALL of my files, but then I was presented with a "notepad" enumerating omitted files- I confess that I have NO clue, never had a clue what this "NOTEPAD" is - what is its function and how is it...
  3. Probably a silly question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Probably a silly question: So, I actually really like the landscape shots that are used for the login screen, and the bits of information like where the picture was taken. Is there any app, or way have the same thing show on my background after logging in? submitted by /u/KitKurogami93 [link]...
  4. DISM Question - Silly question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM Question - Silly question: Hi Since I restored my notebook yesterday I decided to just run the sfc /scannow and the dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth sfc /scannow runs fine and as expected nothing wrong, when running "dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth" it just shows the version...
  5. This may sound a silly question

in Windows 10 Support
    This may sound a silly question: Guys When watching interviewers on tv, even in a film, I see people just open their laptop on a train, a beach, in fact anywhere outside, and they connect to the internet, HOW ??? I know that they can connect using cafe wi-fi, and I believe, outside a house/building if...
  6. Silly question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Silly question: I am used to a MAC - so why when I want to start a new folder, does one pop up inside of the one I am already using? - it causes a lot of confusion and I have lost a few files already - I file photos on a monthly basis and things are in such disorder, it's not funny. I feel...
  7. Silly Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Silly Question: I do not see how after for example measure a distance, getting back to how you drag the map around on the screen \Thanks for the help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silly-question/762362be-9da6-4d1c-829c-9ebd51db9887
  8. Maybe a Silly Question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Maybe a Silly Question: There is a scheduled Windows build upgrade to Windows 1803 available through Windows updates on May 8, 2018. Downloads are scheduled to be available sometime tomorrow form the Microsoft website: Download Windows 10 One option that you have is to perform a Windows 10...
  9. Silly question I know - but

in Windows 10 Support
    Silly question I know - but: Can anybody get Windows 10 Backup & Restore to work, I mean actually restore an image back to their HDD? 43526
  10. These could be a silly questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    These could be a silly questions: Hello Guys and Gals, I have a couple of spare drives already installed in my desktop. I have had a quick look for the answer to my questions. 1, What is the easiest way to install Windows 10, when it becomes available, onto a spare drive? 2, Is USB more favourable over...