Windows 10: Silverlight End of Support

Discus and support Silverlight End of Support in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 1 Can I check for SDK Silverlight and Silverlight development tools installers, will all these be removed as well? 2 If we retain the existing old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by katherine2020, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Silverlight End of Support

1 Can I check for SDK Silverlight and Silverlight development tools installers, will all these be removed as well?

2 If we retain the existing old installers, can we still use these installers to install on a new windows server/machine?

3 Apart from security patches that will be discontinued and installers will no longer be made available on microsoft sites, are we still able to continue with development work using Silverlight SDK and toolkit for .xap files compilation?

4 Will silverlight applications go down completely? If there is a browser update to IE 12 for example, will Silverlight becomes incompatible?

:)

katherine2020, Aug 2, 2020

2. Prepare for Microsoft’s Silverlight End of Support  in October 2021

Microsoft Silverlight will reach the end of support on October 12, 2021. Silverlight development framework is currently only supported on Internet Explorer 10 and Internet Explorer 11, with support for Internet Explorer 10 ending on January 31, 2020. There
    is no longer support for Chrome, Firefox, or any browser using the Mac operating system.

Learn more about how to prepare
    here

Gustavo Rubio (grubio), Aug 2, 2020
  3. BTR3 Win User
    Microsoft Silverlight enabled but not working

Thanks for the suggestion Charles. I implemented those steps and now Firefox is prompting me to install Silverlight even though it is already downloaded. IE still showing me Silverlight is enabled but it is still not playing any video.

BTR3, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Silverlight End of Support

Corrupt Silverlight

Hi Chris,

This could be a compatibility issue between Silverlight and Internet Explorer. We would suggest checking the post of Anil Kumar B from this

thread
    to see the steps that you can do to possibly resolve your concern. If the issue persists, we recommend posting that through the MSDN forums for proper support which you can easily reach by clicking this

link

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Silverlight End of Support

1. Silverlight End of Support - Similar Threads - Silverlight End Support

2. End of support for Cortana

in Windows 10 Gaming
    End of support for Cortana: While the decision to phase out Cortana may have disappointed some users, it's important to recognize that Microsoft is continually evolving its products to meet the changing needs of its customers. Here are some reasons why bringing back Cortana might still be...
  3. End of support for Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    End of support for Cortana: While the decision to phase out Cortana may have disappointed some users, it's important to recognize that Microsoft is continually evolving its products to meet the changing needs of its customers. Here are some reasons why bringing back Cortana might still be...
  4. Why goes a end support?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why goes a end support?: Why Does a End Support? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-goes-a-end-support/d7f64a46-7fde-4af5-b85c-f082c7e60df2
  5. End of support for Windows 8.1

End of support for Windows 8.1: On January 10th, 2023, Consumer devices running Windows 8.1 will no longer be supported by Microsoft. For reference, a full table of support dates and impacted editions for Windows 8.1 can be found here: Windows 8.1 - Microsoft Lifecycle Microsoft Docs.  Once support has...
  6. End of support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    End of support: I'm just here to ask a question. Microsoft ignored the petition of FSF about recycle windows 7 life? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/end-of-support/9f793981-113d-466c-8f67-598737a02d32
  7. End of support

End of support: I'm just here to ask a question. Microsoft ignored the petition of FSF about recycle windows 7 life? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/end-of-support/9f793981-113d-466c-8f67-598737a02d32
  8. silverlight

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    silverlight: I am doing an online class but the website for my class says I need silverlight for the program, but when I try to install it, i keep getting the message that my browser does not support it. What can I do?...
  9. Silverlight

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Silverlight: Do I need to have Silverlight on my P C anymore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silverlight/a7762173-2070-4e12-be26-338f9a1c614c
  10. Silverlight Question

Silverlight Question: New computer with Windows 10 wants to update Silverlight. I am not familiar with this program so I ran a search but the explanation is still "Greek" to me. What is Silverlight and do I need it or need to update it? Thanks. 38520