Windows 10: Silverlight Issue to open page

Discus and support Silverlight Issue to open page in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I`m having this issue when I try to open a web interactive chart, I tried delete silverlight, install again a newer version. Windows update, Drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DanielMenesesCA, May 29, 2020.

1. Silverlight Issue to open page

I`m having this issue when I try to open a web interactive chart, I tried delete silverlight, install again a newer version.

Windows update, Drivers update, different browsers like chrome, IE, Edge, Firefox, and I couldn`t find any solution across internet.

Does anyone have any ideia how to solve this?

Thanks.

\ Silverlight Issue to open page 817686bc-5a42-4566-90c2-da48b6ed7b4e?upload=true.png

:)

DanielMenesesCA, May 29, 2020

2. Silverlight already installed?!

I'm trying to run a webpage that uses Silverlight FreeStockCharts.com - Web's Best Streaming Realtime Stock Charts - Free . When I do it informs me that this page requires Silverlight - and suggests that I download it. When I download it & attempt to install it - I'm informed that Silverlight is already installed!

I'm confused?

GreatWhiteNorth, May 29, 2020
  3. PaulXFox Win User
    DRM or Silverlight issues in Windows 10

Just installed Windows 10 last night. Today Netflix and Amazon Instant Prime will not play videos. I get an error message

"Netflix Error N8156 6013

The error you're seeing is related to the Silverlight plugin, which Netflix uses to play movies and TV shows on your computer.

This error is usually caused by one of three things:

• A computer setting preventing Silverlight from storing files it needs to play your movie or TV show
    • An issue with the Silverlight plugin itself
    • An issue with the content you're trying to play
    To fix this error, follow the steps below for your Windows or Mac computer."

The error on Amazon is similar and also refers to "you have made a recent major change to your operating system". I used the "Mr Fixit" option on the same page on Netflix as the error message and the fixit tool uninstalled Silverlight then tried to re-install
    it. The re-install stopped and I received an error message saying Silverlight may be corrupt.

OK----UPDATE----looks like this is a Firefox problem. Netflix is playing in Windows Edge.

I checked in "Programs and Features" in my control Panel and did not find Silverlight listed (after running the Mr Fixit tool) so I went to the Silverlight site and re-installed it myself. This did not fix the problem.

PaulXFox, May 29, 2020
  4. Silverlight Issue to open page

Microsoft Silverlight browser malfunction

Hi,

Issues related with Microsoft Silverlight are usually occurring due to corruption upon its installation. For us to provide an effective solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your device?
    • What is the model of your laptop?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue even when you are trying to access other websites?

In the meantime, we suggest following the steps provided in this link.
    It serves as a guide on how to clean a corrupted Silverligh installation.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Silverlight Issue to open page

1. Silverlight Issue to open page - Similar Threads - Silverlight Issue open

2. Microsoft Silverlight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Silverlight: Microsoft Silverlight https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft/2a1e799c-d783-457a-9b0d-0b34597cde3d
  3. Microsoft Silverlight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Silverlight: Microsoft Silverlight https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft/2a1e799c-d783-457a-9b0d-0b34597cde3d
  4. Silverlight Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Silverlight Security: Hi, Fyi, currently we're still using Silverlight as plugin to access to our legacy system. But, is it currently safe to use Silverlight since its will end of Support this Oct 2021? Is it the Silverlight have vulnerabilities issue reported in 2020 or 2021? I just want to get...
  5. Lego Mindstorms and Silverlight issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lego Mindstorms and Silverlight issues: Hi all, I am having some serious issues with my classes HP laptops and their ability to load Lego Mindstorms. The issues arose around 4 weeks ago. I have 36 students, and only 2 are able to successfully run Lego Mindstorms. I have on occasion, thought uninstalling the...
  6. silverlight

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    silverlight: I am doing an online class but the website for my class says I need silverlight for the program, but when I try to install it, i keep getting the message that my browser does not support it. What can I do?...
  7. Microsoft Silverlight

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Silverlight: I am trying to find and install Microsoft Silverlight. I keep getting different things to try, the last which was in Registry delete all references to Arcade. However I can't find Registry to edit it!! Can you direct me to the right place??...
  8. Silverlight

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Silverlight: Do I need to have Silverlight on my P C anymore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silverlight/a7762173-2070-4e12-be26-338f9a1c614c
  9. Microsoft Silverlight

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Silverlight: I just wonder why Microsoft requires to install Microsoft Silverlight on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-silverlight/4a14d36a-5a2e-4f7b-8a39-7509eb096a10
  10. Silverlight Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Silverlight Question: New computer with Windows 10 wants to update Silverlight. I am not familiar with this program so I ran a search but the explanation is still "Greek" to me. What is Silverlight and do I need it or need to update it? Thanks. 38520