Windows 10: Silverlight stops working for an app

Discus and support Silverlight stops working for an app in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have recently upgraded to a new laptop, and am slowly installing all my stuff on to it. This includes the Blackstar Amp application. I had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IHAJE, May 24, 2020.

1. IHAJE Win User

Silverlight stops working for an app

I have recently upgraded to a new laptop, and am slowly installing all my stuff on to it.

This includes the Blackstar Amp application.

I had to download Silverlight for it to work, which I did, and the app worked for a week, then suddenly stopped, with an error message saying that the out of browser window wasnt working.

Im not using a browser to launch this, its just an app, does this matter?

:)

IHAJE, May 24, 2020
  2. BTR3 Win User

Microsoft Silverlight enabled but not working

Thanks for the suggestion Charles. I implemented those steps and now Firefox is prompting me to install Silverlight even though it is already downloaded. IE still showing me Silverlight is enabled but it is still not playing any video.

3. Tatty_One Win User
    SilverLight...

The answer to your question is in the name of the app..... Microsoft Silverlight! *Big Grin Silverlight stops working for an app :D

Tatty_One, May 24, 2020
  4. HammerON Win User

SilverLight...

Never had a problem with Silverlight. The app does what it should.

HammerON, May 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Silverlight stops working for an app - Similar Threads - Silverlight stops working

2. Microsoft Silverlight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Silverlight: Microsoft Silverlight https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft/2a1e799c-d783-457a-9b0d-0b34597cde3d
  3. Silverlight Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Silverlight Security: Hi, Fyi, currently we're still using Silverlight as plugin to access to our legacy system. But, is it currently safe to use Silverlight since its will end of Support this Oct 2021? Is it the Silverlight have vulnerabilities issue reported in 2020 or 2021? I just want to get...
  4. silverlight

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    silverlight: I am doing an online class but the website for my class says I need silverlight for the program, but when I try to install it, i keep getting the message that my browser does not support it. What can I do?...
  5. Microsoft Silverlight enabled but not working

Microsoft Silverlight enabled but not working: I just bought a brand new XPS 13 running Windows 10 and cant get Silverlight to work on any browser (IE, Firefox, Sea Monkey). I’ve completed the trouble shooting to uninstall and clean Silverlight then reinstalling but it still won’t work. In IE and Sea Monkey, Silverlight...
  6. Silverlight

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Silverlight: Do I need to have Silverlight on my P C anymore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silverlight/a7762173-2070-4e12-be26-338f9a1c614c
  7. Microsoft Silverlight

Microsoft Silverlight: I just wonder why Microsoft requires to install Microsoft Silverlight on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-silverlight/4a14d36a-5a2e-4f7b-8a39-7509eb096a10
  8. Silverlight is not working for LEGO Program

Silverlight is not working for LEGO Program: I installed the program for LEGO Mindstorms, but I can't get it to open. The Tech support guy over at LEGO has been working with me, and we have determined that the issue is a Silverlight issue. I have removed and reinstalled Silverlight multiple times with no better result....
  9. SKY GO app now working without a browser and no silverlight

SKY GO app now working without a browser and no silverlight: Hi folks SKY have finally arrived in C21 -- desktop app for windows works fine on 1803 -- no Silverlight etc needed. No browser either --stand alone app now.I think the DRM is controlled by Videoguard -- fine by me no prob if you have a subscription to the service. Anything...
  10. Silverlight Question

Silverlight Question: New computer with Windows 10 wants to update Silverlight. I am not familiar with this program so I ran a search but the explanation is still "Greek" to me. What is Silverlight and do I need it or need to update it? Thanks. 38520