Windows 10: Silverlight won't update, won't uninstall, what next?

Discus and support Silverlight won't update, won't uninstall, what next? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It seems this is not a new issue, but it is to me. This relates to a Windows 10 Pro v1903 installation on a not so young Lenovo Thinkpad. Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StarkUnicycle52, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Silverlight won't update, won't uninstall, what next?

It seems this is not a new issue, but it is to me. This relates to a Windows 10 Pro v1903 installation on a not so young Lenovo Thinkpad. Windows Update reports failure to install an update to Silverlight KB4481252 and returns error code 0x80070643. Ran the Troubleshooter, retried the update, same result.

The fix listed by MS offers an autofix, as well as fix it yourself option. The autofix did not work and I'm reluctant to try the other option unless I absolutely have to. Two questions, for Microsoft only, however well meaning other contributors might be:

1. I assume Silverlight has become corrupted on this machine. What is the safest and most certain way of removing its remains?

2. Going forward, is Silverlight really necessary and why?

Looking forward to your response, MS.

Best to all,

Starkers

:)

StarkUnicycle52, Oct 18, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Ok...

After update my Windows 10 to 17063.1000 build, skype won´t work...

It open, but if I Start my conversasion with camera, file share or screen share, it crash...

If I try to uninstall anda install again, I give an error...

Any workaround to solve this issue??

*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad

4. Silverlight won't update, won't uninstall, what next?

Applications won`t maximize

Following a W10 update, applications only open as minimised on the taskbar and won`t maximize. I have tried closing them minimised but no good. Can anyone help ? thanks

PhilipMaclean, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Silverlight won't update, won't uninstall, what next?

1. Silverlight won't update, won't uninstall, what next? - Similar Threads - Silverlight won't update

2. Windows Update KB5026372 won't uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update KB5026372 won't uninstall: I installed latest update KB5026372 on 5/9/23. My internet speed slowed down from 152 Mbps to 76 Kbps. I went through the uninstall process, but before it finished, during the restart it said it is installing updates, and it looks like that update is back. Help! running Win...
  3. Windows Update KB5026372 won't uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update KB5026372 won't uninstall: I installed latest update KB5026372 on 5/9/23. My internet speed slowed down from 152 Mbps to 76 Kbps. I went through the uninstall process, but before it finished, during the restart it said it is installing updates, and it looks like that update is back. Help! running Win...
  4. Silverlight SDK uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Silverlight SDK uninstall: Hi,We have Silverlight in couple of computers and we want to uninstall it. I used a script that would uninstall Silverlight but it seems to me that Silverlight is not uninstalling SDK version 4 and 5.$SoftwareName = "Silverlight" $ItemProperties = Get-ItemProperty...
  5. Silverlight SDK uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Silverlight SDK uninstall: Hi,We have Silverlight in couple of computers and we want to uninstall it. I used a script that would uninstall Silverlight but it seems to me that Silverlight is not uninstalling SDK version 4 and 5.$SoftwareName = "Silverlight" $ItemProperties = Get-ItemProperty...
  6. Silverlight SDK uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. ROBLOX won't update or uninstall

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ROBLOX won't update or uninstall: If i try to uninstall ROBLOX through File Explorer, nothing happens. If i try to uninstall ROBLOX through PC settings, I get the usual We couldn't uninstall Roblox with the error code 0x80073cf1. I am trying to uninstall the Windows Store ROBLOX. I am running Windows 10 x64....
  8. Program won't uninstall.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program won't uninstall.: I'm trying to uninstall a program but whenever I try it fails and a message saying "Verify that you have sufficient privilages to stop system services" pops up. Anyone got a fix for this? submitted by /u/GeeDunc [link] [comments]...
  9. SKY GO won't play in Edge -Silverlight needed

in Browsers and Email
    SKY GO won't play in Edge -Silverlight needed: Hi there. EDGE won't play SKY GO -- needs Silverlight and currently Silverlight doesn't support these types of "Addins". IE11 still works for this though. Seems edge needs a lot more work to make it a genuine replacement for other browsers Cheers jimbo 9974
  10. Silverlight update problems and old version won't uninstall

in Windows 10 Support
    Silverlight update problems and old version won't uninstall: I "upgraded" from 7 to 10 a few weeks ago, and since then have been getting errors saying that Silverlight updates are failing. So I researched it on the web and tried uninstalling the old Silverlight manually using Control Panel, while downloading the latest to replace it...