Windows 10: SIM internet connection always gets reset to being a metered connection.

Discus and support SIM internet connection always gets reset to being a metered connection. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, I have a Surface Go 2 running windows 10. I put in a SIM card with a limitless internet subscription behind it. Since no matter how much traffic I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Miles Drake, Jun 12, 2021.

1. SIM internet connection always gets reset to being a metered connection.

So, I have a Surface Go 2 running windows 10. I put in a SIM card with a limitless internet subscription behind it. Since no matter how much traffic I have on it I'll never have to pay extra, I elected to de-select the "set as a metered connection" option, so I won't have to tell onedrive to sync anyway each time I use the surface outside a WiFi.However, every time I connect to WiFi or turn off the system, the next time I use the cellular connection it will be set as metered again. I checked and there is no limit on it in the settings. Every single time I stop using cellular connection, the ne

:)

Miles Drake, Jun 12, 2021

2. OneDrive - Metered Connection

Hi Sayyid,

Since you're using a SIM to be able to use the internet, Windows 10 automatically set your connection as metered if your Internet service provider limits the data you can use.

You can turn the Set as metered connection option to OFF by following these steps:

• Click the Internet access icon from the Taskbar.
    • Click the network where you are connected, then click Properties.
    • Locate and toggle the Set as metered connection to OFF.

Let us know if the message still appears after following the above mentioned steps.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jun 12, 2021
  3. Can't Connect Bluetooh device on metered connection.

Hi Riderhood,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you able to pair the Bluetooth device on non-metered connection?

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    I suggest you to remove the metered connection to non-metered connection and check if you are able to pair the Bluetooth speaker.

Refer to the below link:

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 12, 2021
  4. SIM internet connection always gets reset to being a metered connection.

Outlook on metered connection

Hi zplugger, I've unsuccessfully searched high and low for this same solution ages ago and had a quick look today. Still no luck, only endless suggestions to change the metered connection setting to be not metered. duh

I have a wireless internet connection and truly have no appreciation for M$ suddenly deciding I must have this 4 GB update immediately. All my connections are set as metered.

I have noticed that some recent changes do allow me to use Gmail (without authentication type grief) on Outlook 365 with a metered connection. This did not work last year.

I'll see if I can find any new solutions when I get time and report back. *Smile

W10 Tweaker, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

SIM internet connection always gets reset to being a metered connection.

1. SIM internet connection always gets reset to being a metered connection. - Similar Threads - SIM internet connection

2. Metered connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Metered connection: What can I do when I can't download my Windows Updates because I am on a metered connection. I went to check on my Windows Updates and found a message that said I needed to check if I was on unmetered connection. If not, I may get charged for downloading them. I am on an...
  3. Metered connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Metered connection: What can I do when I can't download my Windows Updates because I am on a metered connection. I went to check on my Windows Updates and found a message that said I needed to check if I was on unmetered connection. If not, I may get charged for downloading them. I am on an...
  4. Metered connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Metered connection: My wifi says turn off metered connection but when i go to settings the wifi tab does not appear please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/metered-connection/f3e9f6a8-62a2-41b4-955f-ff35086fb242
  5. Metered Connections

Metered Connections: How do I change my settings so I can connect to WI-FI? At the moment, it says I can only use an ethernet cord which is not an option. I have a ASUS Desktop running on Windows 10 PRO....
  6. Metered connection

Metered connection: Hello, I've been trying to set up a metered connection for half an hour and after awhile I got it working until it's expire date now the option is grayed out. Here's a screenshot:[ATTACH]...
  7. Metered Connection

Metered Connection: A while back I was having troubles downloading all the Windows 10 updates. Call tech support and bottom line they set my computer to a metered connection. That solved my problems. It worked. Me internet provider only supplies me with 10 mbps of download speed. Yesterday I...
  8. METERED CONNECTION

METERED CONNECTION: I must have pressed something because now when I open my Outlook to check my mail I get a message about me being on a metered connection. How do I turn that warning off? Many Thankx Jeff...
  9. Metered Connection

Metered Connection: I can't seem to change my WiFi settings to meteted connection on windows 10. I have gone through the steps on the microsoft site and when I get to manage know networks and I select any of my networks it's shows me either share, or forget, buh doesn't show me properties. How...
  10. Can't Meter Internet Connection

Can't Meter Internet Connection: I use a Verizon Hotspot with unlimited data. However, it slows way down after 10gb & this past month, it was used in 1 night by Microsoft Updates. I went to the settings to meter my data so that wouldn't happen, but the "set as metered connection" is grayed out & won't let me...