Windows 10: Simple and quick select and middle mouse click to paste

Discus and support Simple and quick select and middle mouse click to paste in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please, please include a Linux-like function for it's superior alternative to copy and paste. This is probably one of the top reasons why I could never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Svante_J, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Svante_J Win User

Simple and quick select and middle mouse click to paste

Please, please include a Linux-like function for it's superior alternative to copy and paste. This is probably one of the top reasons why I could never revert to Windows.

Example: Selecting any text always stores the selection into a second copy buffer. When pressing the middle mouse button/wheel the buffered text is pasted at the mouse position.

This while not interfering with other middle/wheel click functions such as closing browser tabs and such. Also not re-using or affecting the usual Ctrl-C / Ctrl-V since that is a completely different use case.

Hence it can never be replaced by any mouse driver overlay or any existing scripting solution - they all break other workflows.

:)

Svante_J, Apr 16, 2021
  2. Soerendip Win User

Selection into clipboard and middle mouse button to paste.

I really miss this functionality from Linux operating systems. When a text is selected, it is automatically copied into the clipboard and when the middle mouse button is clicked (or the mouse wheel), this content is pasted a the cursor position. It would
    be a really nice feature that boosts productivity. Is there any way enabling this on W10 as well?

Soerendip, Apr 16, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Selection into clipboard and middle mouse button to paste.

Hi Soerendip

If the driver and software that came with your mouse does not support programming the functionality of that middle click or pressing the scroll wheel, then Windows does not have that functionality built in, you would need to use a 3rd party utility like the
    free X-Mouse Button Control

DaveM121, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Simple and quick select and middle mouse click to paste

Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Simple and quick select and middle mouse click to paste

1. Simple and quick select and middle mouse click to paste - Similar Threads - Simple quick select

2. Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu: I just switched to Windows and am trying to learn and optimise my workflow. Something I am dearly missing is the ability to quickly select a menu item from the right click context menu, by right clicking and holding on an item, moving the cursor to the menu item, and...
  3. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Middle mouse button click not working: Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs and such, so this is really tough. I know its not the mouse itself, because ive plugged in a new mouse and it had the same...
  4. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Middle mouse button click not working: Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs and such, so this is really tough. I know its not the mouse itself, because ive plugged in a new mouse and it had the same...
  5. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Middle Mouse Button Click Isn't Working

Middle Mouse Button Click Isn't Working: Unfortunately, earlier today, my middle mouse button stopped working whenever I clicked it. I plugged in another mouse, one that I had just bought from the store, and it's middle mouse button wasn't working either. I tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them,...
  7. Quick and simple question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick and simple question: So guys, I've been using Windows 10 LTSC for like a year now and been perfectly fine, but now I have to downgrade to Pro edition. I've read that you cant downgrade to Pro without wiping all the data, but can I downgrade losslessly if I buy and change the product key to Pro...
  8. Middle Mouse Button Click Issue

Middle Mouse Button Click Issue: I have a Dell WM257 mouse/keyboard running on Windows 10 desktop. The middle button on the mouse suddenly stopped working. There doesn't seem to be anyway to check or change the settings for this, although the settings that are available did not change. Reinstalling the...
  9. Using the Touchpad and Mouse middle click button on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Using the Touchpad and Mouse middle click button on Windows: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The middle button on a mouse is typically used for scrolling through File Explorer with tons or file or long pages on the web. But did you know that it can do more than just scrolling? Today we will talk [...] This post Using the Touchpad and Mouse middle...
  10. old Microsoft mouse, middle click problem

old Microsoft mouse, middle click problem: Hello, I've got an old Microsoft optical wheel mouse which I like very much, but it's middle-click function doesn't work right, apparently. I've got a program called "Ninjatrader 8" which trades the stock market (futures market, technically) and this software requires a...