Windows 10: Simple desktop switch for network connections

Discus and support Simple desktop switch for network connections in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Thanks in advance to anyone who can slove this for me. I have 2 internet ethernet connections running into my PC. 1st one is my normal internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by McManny, Aug 18, 2019.

1. McManny Win User

Simple desktop switch for network connections

Thanks in advance to anyone who can slove this for me.

I have 2 internet ethernet connections running into my PC.

1st one is my normal internet connection.

2nd a VPN service from a second router.

I have 2 internet ports and both are active (mobo EVGA Z97 Classified) allows 2 connections.

Both are active and work fine. I can disable either or both and switch my IP address through Network Connections.

What I'm looking for is a simple app or program that I can have on the desktop for my wife to simply switch between the 2 network adaptors, as I'm not really wanting her to be messing around in the network connections control panel area.

I have added shortcuts to the desktop with flags as icons of the country the ip is in but it's still not dummy level simple.

Is there something out there that someone else is using or a script I can create to make this super simple as flicking a switch?

I have the current ip displayed in the taskbar tray so that's simple enough I guess.

:)

McManny, Aug 18, 2019

2. Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Aug 18, 2019
  3. FLY3R Win User
    Help needed with simple wired network

Perfecto!!!! *Smile Simple desktop switch for network connections :)

FLY3R, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Simple desktop switch for network connections

Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Simple desktop switch for network connections

1. Simple desktop switch for network connections - Similar Threads - Simple desktop switch

2. Desktop switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop switch: I created a second desktop from the taskbar. In that desktop, trying to open certain applications such as Edge will automatically send me back to the first desktop instead and vice versa.Is it possible to open a same application in 2 different desktops? Else, is it possible...
  3. Simple Network: Beginner Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Simple Network: Beginner Question: Hello All: I am endeavoring to construct a simple network. I have three nodes: the router, my Windows computer, and a Linux computer. I have the router plugged into a cable modem. All I want to do is to occasionally transfer files between the two computers and have both...
  4. connection though a desktop switch

connection though a desktop switch: I have a laptop that just stopped connecting through switches. It will connect directly to I.P. devices but not through a switch. I have tried many switches and cables and even another USB NIC, all produce the same result, even the second NIC. My other laptop same type...
  5. Is there a simple way (hotkey) to switch audio output?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a simple way (hotkey) to switch audio output?: I have heard of sound switch and the like but they only change default audio device and some games and itunes will not follow the default device but will stay with the one they were opened in. Is there a way to maybe enable and disable a device with a shortcut? Any other...
  6. Network issue in Remote desktop Connection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Network issue in Remote desktop Connection: Hello guys, I have a problem with RD. When i am connected from my home pc(windows 10,1903) to my work pc(windows 10 1903) i am working fine but 3-4 times per day my connection drops and when i try to reconnect to my machine, it logged me off and i am losing all the unsaved...
  7. SIMPLE OFFICE NETWORKING

SIMPLE OFFICE NETWORKING: Simple Office - Three Computers - No Domain Computer A sees Computer B & C and can access. Computer B & C can see A but No Access Granted. Computer B & C can ping A - No Data Loss Folks I've been trying for two days. Rest assured; Discovery is on, ipconfig/flushdns,...
  8. connecting laptop and desktop private network

connecting laptop and desktop private network: Have an old win 7 laptop and a new win 10 desktop and laptop. The new desktop can see all. The new laptop cannot see the desktop but can see the win 7 laptop. Tried all the normal settings, private network, discover, adapter, manage network, trouble shooter, and firewall...
  9. Networking on a simple basic system

Networking on a simple basic system: Yet again Microsoft is screwing with our machines with another update forced upon us that mucks up home networking by changing something to stop machines talking to each other. Yesterday my network of six desktop could talk with the two Network addressable Storage on the...
  10. Simple Monitoring of Network Traffic?

Simple Monitoring of Network Traffic?: I used to use Kaspersky Internet Security which provided a useful tool to show which processes / services were accessing the internet. I now just use Defender and the standard Windows firewall. How can I monitor internet traffic in a similar manner to the Kaspersky software...