Windows 10: Simple File Locker issue

Discus and support Simple File Locker issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a lot of files locked with this app. I have been trying to open some of them but they are still encrypted. I entered my password. The only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GeraldineParker, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Simple File Locker issue

I have a lot of files locked with this app. I have been trying to open some of them but they are still encrypted.

I entered my password. The only thing I can think of is that I updated my password as I do regularly with all passwords - will the locked files need the old password???

:)

GeraldineParker, Nov 30, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to turn on Bit Locker Error: System cannot find the file specified

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to turn on Bit locker on your computer after converting to GPT partition, we will look into this for you. However, to get into the root cause of the issue, please reply with the following details:

• Which edition of Windows 10 are you using?
    • How did you convert the partition to GPT?
    • How did you change the BIOS from legacy to UEFI?

You can try resetting the REAgent.xml file and see if that helps in resolving the issue. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + E, to open
      File Explorer
    2. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Recovery.
    3. Look for REAgent.xml file, right click on it and click on
      Rename.
    4. Rename the file to REAgent.old.
    5. If you receive any prompt click on Yes.
    6. Start the Bit Locker encryption process.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Simple File Locker issue

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Simple File Locker issue

1. Simple File Locker issue - Similar Threads - Simple File Locker

2. bit locker issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bit locker issue: We are bit locker issue we try to access in bitlocker link its unable to see the recovery key.so please on this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker-issue/cd4e8c02-18d4-404e-924c-591dbb3b46d7
  3. bit locker issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bit locker issue: We are bit locker issue we try to access in bitlocker link its unable to see the recovery key.so please on this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker-issue/cd4e8c02-18d4-404e-924c-591dbb3b46d7
  4. bit locker issue

bit locker issue: halo microsoft,i have bitlocker issue, but when I went to Microsoft account it was stated there are no bit locker on my account. pls help to fixed.thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker-issue/97d9df10-a1c6-42c1-b9df-c6c488c9915e
  5. bit locker issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bit locker issue: halo microsoft,i have bitlocker issue, but when I went to Microsoft account it was stated there are no bit locker on my account. pls help to fixed.thanks, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker-issue/97d9df10-a1c6-42c1-b9df-c6c488c9915e
  6. bit locker issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bit locker issue: Dear Team,we have faceting issue with bit locker encryption screen so kindly help resolve this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker-issue/ce319c17-5f15-4717-91f1-3546ce79305c
  7. bit locker issue

bit locker issue: Dear Team,we have faceting issue with bit locker encryption screen so kindly help resolve this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bit-locker-issue/ce319c17-5f15-4717-91f1-3546ce79305c
  8. Bit Locker Issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bit Locker Issue: Hello, I have a bit locker issue and I don't know if the pc connected to one drive account or not! I searched out and found that I have to change boot type to secure boot but it didn't work ! Please HELP...
  9. Simple questions, simple issues, no answers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Simple questions, simple issues, no answers: Hello. 1) Why all Microsoft troubleshooting utilities ends in errors? Nothing of built-in utilities never solved my problem. 2) Why do you shut down MS Store on W8.1 and it says, please try again later. Why it cannot say, Sorry, were closed forever? 3) Why is there such...
  10. Bit locker Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bit locker Issue: HI All I have problem with my external hard sea gate,i had bit locker password before happen that and someone borrow me and he typed wrong password and now look like this...this so important for me to recover or open it again approximately 600 GB data may have in it...and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file locker on my old windows phone will not open