Windows 10: Simple Fix for Desktop is unavailable in windows 10.

Discus and support Simple Fix for Desktop is unavailable in windows 10. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When you get error like Desktop is unavailable it says system32 config systemprofile desktop unavailable. Sometimes... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Simple Fix for Desktop is unavailable in windows 10.

When you get error like Desktop is unavailable it says system32 config systemprofile desktop unavailable.

Sometimes system32\config\systemprofile gets corrupted by various reasons , for example when you create new rule for applications in windows firewall

Do not reinstall windows , dont systemrestore until if you tried below solution

Step 1

Login in to your account make sure its administrator rights

copy the DESKTOP folder from C:\Users\yourusername\

and paste the DESKTOP folder to C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\ and wait for five minutes.

if you get access denied error messages , then you need take ownership of the folderC:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\

Step 2

open regedit.exe in command prompt , go to

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

on rightside change the data to C:\Users\yourusername\desktop under valueDesktop

first try above solution , if does not work , then try with other solutions recommended by users on this forum

If you found this solution helpful means , then you give upvotes and recommend this post to users.

Thanking you

:)

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Mar 19, 2020
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Desktop is unavailable

Hi Tina C-Felli,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Could you please help me with the make and model of the computer?

I understand how something like this can really try your patience and I appreciate the time you have taken to resolve this issue. Desktop unavailable location which indicates an incorrect desktop location. Because system files gets
    corrupted. When the desktop location not available happens, you'll be presented with a blank desktop displaying no data and files.

I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Step 1: Download ISO.

1. Open Task manager with ‘Ctrl+Shift+Esc’ and click on more details.
    2. Go to File Tab >Click on ’Run a new task’> type:
      Iexplore. (Note: we will have to run each task in Admin Privilege, check the option ‘Create this task with Administrative privileges’).
    3. Choose the Gear (Options) > Select Developer Options (F12) >in the bottom select Emulation Option.
    4. Under Emulation Options: Change the User agent string to "BingBot" to receive the ISO DL prompts on the site instead of MCT.
    5. In the browser download
      windows 10
      from Microsoft website.

If you are not connected to internet, I would suggest you to
    create
    a bootable media
    using another computer and do a repair on the affected computer using a flash drive.

Step 2: Back up the data.

1. After downloading the ISO, Open Task manager with ‘Ctrl+Shift+Esc’ and click on more details.
      Notepad.exe (Note: we will have to run each task in Admin Privilege, check the option ‘Create this task with Administrative privileges’.
      )
    3. Go to File> select Open > select the C drive and go to
      Windows.old or Users folder. Remember to change the dropdown in the Notepad.exe File, Open from Text Documents (*.txt) to All Files (*.*) to ensure that you can see all files on the machine.
    4. Verify if all files are safe before proceeding, and you can take the back up of files by connecting other external drive or USB. (Make sure you do not use the USB which has Windows 10 downloaded on it.)
    Note:
    While performing these steps there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before reinstalling the OS.

Step 3:
    In-place upgrade.

1. Open Task manager with ‘Ctrl+Shift+Esc’ and click on more details.
      Notepad.exe. (Note: we will have to run each task in Admin Privilege, check the option ‘Create this
      task with Administrative privileges’.)
    3. Plug in the external USB or flash drive where Windows 10 is downloaded.
    4. Run Setup.EXE, proceed with the onscreen instructions. For more information, refer the steps provided by
      PaulSey… on How
      to perform an In-place Upgrade with Windows 10 Step-by-Step Guide

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Mar 19, 2020
  3. C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable error on Windows 10

Hello Vik,

This C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable error may occur due to corrupt or missing Windows files.

To troubleshoot the issue, you can follow these simple steps:

• Open File Explorer and navigate to: C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile and check if it has the
      Desktop folder there.
    • If the Desktop folder does not exist, then create a new folder and rename it as
      Desktop or copy it from C:\users\Default\Desktop.

Note: By default, C:\Users\Default is hidden. To unhide click on the View tab and check the
    Hidden Items box.

After you have created the folder, it is required that you give full permission to the folder. You can follow these steps to give full permission:

• Right click on the folder, select Properties then click on the Security tab.
    • Click on Edit.
    • On the Permissions for Desktop window, select Everyone and then click on
      Add.
    • In the Enter the object names to select dialog box, type
      Everyone
      and click on Check Names.
    • Click OK.

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Jezhel Uga, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Simple Fix for Desktop is unavailable in windows 10.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Simple Fix for Desktop is unavailable in windows 10.

1. Simple Fix for Desktop is unavailable in windows 10. - Similar Threads - Simple Fix Desktop

2. D:\ Desktop is unavailable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D:\ Desktop is unavailable: Today i got on my PC and my desktop was empty. Everything on my D drive hard disk is not accessible. When I try to open something thats on it a window pops up that says "D:\the folder is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or...
  3. Fix The RPC server is unavailable error in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix The RPC server is unavailable error in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Remote Procedure Call (RPC) is a technology present since the emerging of computers and utilizes the interprocess communication technique. Its primary purpose is to enable […] This article Fix The RPC server is unavailable error in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  4. Desktop is unavailable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop is unavailable: So everything started with a Video Scheduler Internal error. Before that started, i turned off some stuff in task manager startups so they didnt start when i logged into my laptop, nothing important. Aftewards, i tried searching for a solution, and found that i should open...
  5. windows update desktop unavailable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update desktop unavailable: trying to update windows and i get c /windows/system32/config/systemprofile/desktop is unavailable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-desktop-unavailable/d40d0504-95c0-43a0-953a-1aece8b38804
  6. Desktop is unavailable

Desktop is unavailable: ***Modify title from: window 10 not booting*** Hello, My windows 10 on another laptop refuses to boot properly after the last update, the desktop location is lost, none of the functions work including the windows button and there is no internet access. no files can be...
  7. Desktop unavailable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop unavailable: i recieved a a computer from a family member and when i git it powered it on just fine, and oreceeded to do a reset, went well, but upon powering back on i recieved this message (see picture) i try clicking kn windows and task bar but doesnt open, screen black....only icon is...
  8. Desktop Unavailable

Desktop Unavailable: I restarted my Windows10 laptop to factory last night. After it finished I can signin. I have a stock wallpaper. I have a dialogue box saying something about the desktop is unavailable, and an unresponsive taskbar. What went wrong? How do I fix it (for free Ofcource). I paid...
  9. Windows 10 desktop is unavailable - black background

Windows 10 desktop is unavailable - black background: Hi, Sorry for my english (I am from Slovakia) A week ago my PC works fine. When I returned today after few days (during them it was off) and turned it on, a message came up and start flashing: Hi...[IMG] Because I have some problem with viruses weeks ago (but fixed all of...
  10. A simple fix for alot of Windows 10 issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    A simple fix for alot of Windows 10 issues: Since Windows 10 came out alot of people have had issues concerning alot of aspects in Windows 10, i have been serving ppl as a free tech supporter and i thought to include some fixes here, alot of ppl are panicking, and avoid going to a service company for an expensive...