Windows 10: SIMPLE HELP NEEDED: How To Check Two Folders Contain Identical Files?

Discus and support SIMPLE HELP NEEDED: How To Check Two Folders Contain Identical Files? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, This is a simple question, but it's something I seriously need help with! How can I compare two folders on my C:\ Drive to make 100% sure they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NiceAndShy, Jul 20, 2021.

1. SIMPLE HELP NEEDED: How To Check Two Folders Contain Identical Files?

Hi all, This is a simple question, but it's something I seriously need help with! How can I compare two folders on my C:\ Drive to make 100% sure they both contain the identical files? I'm just worried that there may be a few files that are different... Thank you.

:)

NiceAndShy, Jul 20, 2021
  2. steve108 Win User

What is the Container folder and why is it missing?

They have 5 steps listed? Can you not get the files they mention in step 5? I can't tell if Containers is the name of a Windows file or just an internal reference or what.

steve108, Jul 20, 2021
  3. Bowlsys Win User
    Compare a text file containing file names with files in a folder

Hi,
    I have a text files containing a list of file names and I wish to compare that to a folder with files in it.
    The folder contains a rather large number of files and I want to see if files in that folder exist in the file with the list of file names.

Hope I have explained my problem clearly.

Would appreciate any help
    Thanks

Bowlsys, Jul 20, 2021
  4. Frogger Win User

SIMPLE HELP NEEDED: How To Check Two Folders Contain Identical Files?

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile SIMPLE HELP NEEDED: How To Check Two Folders Contain Identical Files? :)

Frogger, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

SIMPLE HELP NEEDED: How To Check Two Folders Contain Identical Files?

1. SIMPLE HELP NEEDED: How To Check Two Folders Contain Identical Files? - Similar Threads - SIMPLE HELP NEEDED

2. Two almost identical Windows Folders in C:\

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two almost identical Windows Folders in C:\: So I am having an issue. There are two almost identical Windows folders. This confuses the file size display. In truth, the "windows" folder is filled with only one file. The "Windows" folder has all the system files. I need to remove the second windows folder somehow! This...
  3. Two almost identical Windows Folders in C:\

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two almost identical Windows Folders in C:\: So I am having an issue. There are two almost identical Windows folders. This confuses the file size display. In truth, the "windows" folder is filled with only one file. The "Windows" folder has all the system files. I need to remove the second windows folder somehow! This...
  4. Two identical Documents folders on my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two identical Documents folders on my PC: After some struggle with a DropBox I paused syncing and then uninstalled it, there are two 2 identical same 96,4GB size, same number of folders, and some number of files Documents folders: one on my Desktop, another in the Libraries. However, when I look into their...
  5. How to add containing folders to collection of files

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add containing folders to collection of files: I have several thousand files that I want put into individual folders of the same name. Does anyone know of a batch method for this? 159776
  6. Folder containing files deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder containing files deleted: I was moving my desktop folder to another drive and a folder containing important files got deleted. I found the folder was in another folder called $recycle.bin but I do not know how to access it....
  7. Need help to check DMP File for bug check error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help to check DMP File for bug check error: I need some help here... i have exhausted updating all drivers and I am having difficulty with BSOD and I do not understand DMP file. Please assist The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b 0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff8041e713347,...
  8. Identity Check

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Identity Check: On my Win 10 pc I now keep getting this yellow flag to confirm my identity "across all my devices". I don't have any other devices. In order to get rid of this annoying demand ("dismiss" doesn't attract any response) I followed the link provided - ending up on some very...
  9. Two document folders each contain same files

Two document folders each contain same files: [img] I don't know how it happened, but I have 2 document folders and each contain the same files. The same thing happened recently to my picture folder, but in this case one folder shows the camera roll and a folder with saved pics and the other shows saved pics open...
  10. Desperate Help Needed: How to check if files have been modified?

Desperate Help Needed: How to check if files have been modified?: Hi all, I DESPERATELY need some help here. I've been using Dropbox for over 2 years now and I've been sharing my Dropbox account with other users. I've got some .PDF files stored in my Dropbox folder and I'm VERY worried that these .PDF files have been modified by another...