Windows 10: Simple home network with Windows 10

Discus and support Simple home network with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have a problem connecting a desktop PC and a notebook to form a home network, both running Windows 10. It used to work but in a sort of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AttilaUrban, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Simple home network with Windows 10

Hi guys,

I have a problem connecting a desktop PC and a notebook to form a home network, both running Windows 10. It used to work but in a sort of hit and miss. Last time (today) my laptop was visible from the desktop but not the other way around. And I mean it was missing from the Network section of the file manager completely, so no possibility of logon. I ran the relevant troubleshooters on both machines without success then I rebooted both machines, at this time the Network section of the file managers were left only with the local machines visible, on both computers. Troubleshooters didn't help.

I rarely need the connection between the 2 machines but whenever I need to transfer a file or print over the network I am facing this kind of mess.

I would really appreciate a simple 101 plan to set up and maintain the network.

Thanks,

Attila

:)

AttilaUrban, Oct 21, 2018

2. Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Oct 21, 2018
  3. FLY3R Win User
    Help needed with simple wired network

Perfecto!!!! *Smile Simple home network with Windows 10 :)

FLY3R, Oct 21, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Simple home network with Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

Simple home network with Windows 10

1. Simple home network with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Simple home network

2. Windows 10 and 11 -= Simple Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 and 11 -= Simple Network: I am trying to connect 2 private PCs, 1 W10 and 1 W11, on a single WiFi network. Something that should be so simple is proving to be a real PITA wasting hours and hunting around.I have been to the Network and Sharing centre on both PCs and enabled File sharing on both plus...
  3. Windows 10 and 11 -= Simple Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 and 11 -= Simple Network: I am trying to connect 2 private PCs, 1 W10 and 1 W11, on a single WiFi network. Something that should be so simple is proving to be a real PITA wasting hours and hunting around.I have been to the Network and Sharing centre on both PCs and enabled File sharing on both plus...
  4. Is there anybody here that understands why a simple home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there anybody here that understands why a simple home network: Is there anybody here that understands why a simple home network will not work in Windows 10, with Windows 7 I had no problems all my computers could see each other AND themselves? All can access the internet with Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, etc....
  5. Windows 10 Home Network

Windows 10 Home Network: I have 4 PCs on my home network. Currently one PC is not discoverable by the other PCs. It also is unable to see the other PCs. Network configuration is the same on all PCs....
  6. Home network on Windows 10

Home network on Windows 10: I cannot access my home network from my laptop. It cannot see my desktop and associated drives, most of the time. Though for no apparent reason the network will include the desktop perhaps for a week or more and then it will disappear for weeks or longer. The network is set...
  7. SIMPLE OFFICE NETWORKING

SIMPLE OFFICE NETWORKING: Simple Office - Three Computers - No Domain Computer A sees Computer B & C and can access. Computer B & C can see A but No Access Granted. Computer B & C can ping A - No Data Loss Folks I've been trying for two days. Rest assured; Discovery is on, ipconfig/flushdns,...
  8. Simple network speed monitor Windows 10 compatible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Simple network speed monitor Windows 10 compatible: Need a recommendation for a simple network speed monitor so that I can see the actual download/upload speed while a file is being downloaded . It would be nice to see the information displayed in the taskbar. Tks 127392
  9. Home network in windows 10

Home network in windows 10: Until recently I could access the folders on my home network. After the announcement that Workgroup is not supported acess still worked. Now I can only see media files even though both the C drives and documents are supposed to be shared. How can I overcome this?...
  10. Windows 10 and telemetry: Time for a simple network analysis

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 and telemetry: Time for a simple network analysis: Looking at the right data is the only way to understand what Windows 10 is really doing. There's been a lot of discussion recently about the telemetry data that Windows sends back to Microsoft. There's also been a lot of bad data out there, data that can make it easy to...