Windows 10: Simple Network: Beginner Question #2

Discus and support Simple Network: Beginner Question #2 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a dual boot desktop AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with the Production partition being 20H2 Build 19042.906 and the second partition being Insider Preview... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wynona, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Wynona Win User

Simple Network: Beginner Question #2

I have a dual boot desktop AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with the Production partition being 20H2 Build 19042.906 and the second partition being Insider Preview Dev Build 21343. Then there are two laptops; one is an HP Laptop 17" i5 with Windows 10 Home and a Lenovo Ideapad 14" Flex 4 with the same.

I want to be able to get into each of these from at least my desktop Production partition, but ideally, I could be on any one of the computers and get into another one.

I'm hoping it will be as easily done as @spunk advised the OP on his question "Simple Network: Beginner Question" (Yeah, I'm question #2) who has Windows 10 and Linux. I don't have Linux, so am not sure if I could follow Spunk's instructions.

Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

Wynona, Apr 4, 2021

2. Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Apr 4, 2021
  3. FLY3R Win User
    Help needed with simple wired network

Perfecto!!!! *Smile Simple Network: Beginner Question #2 :)

FLY3R, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Simple Network: Beginner Question #2 - Similar Threads - Simple Network Beginner

2. Windows10 - networking 2 pc's...simple, right?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows10 - networking 2 pc's...simple, right?: I have several PC's here at home and recently converted a couple to Windows10 from Windows7. I know...I should have done this a couple of years ago but I really like W7.Anyway, I need the other PC's to be able to use a shared folder on SERVER. What's the easiest way to do...
  3. A simple question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A simple question: This is not related to my computer, but here's a quick question. Can Windows Defender still scan viruses even if the OS is something like a Windows 7? unsupported https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-simple-question/3da19697-7034-4131-8361-d3faa23cc59c
  4. A simple question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A simple question: This is not related to my computer, but here's a quick question. Can Windows Defender still scan viruses even if the OS is something like a Windows 7? unsupported https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-simple-question/3da19697-7034-4131-8361-d3faa23cc59c
  5. Simple Network: Beginner Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Simple Network: Beginner Question: Hello All: I am endeavoring to construct a simple network. I have three nodes: the router, my Windows computer, and a Linux computer. I have the router plugged into a cable modem. All I want to do is to occasionally transfer files between the two computers and have both...
  6. Simple Questions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Simple Questions.: Hello. I'm pretty new to this and I have a couple of simple questions. What are the ways to install Windows 10 on a PC? The only way I know is using a USB drive with a copy of Windows 10 on it and installing it with that. What happens if you boot up a PC for the first...
  7. Excel beginner question

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel beginner question: Hi. I have something I want to do with my Excel, it's a bit more difficult but I split the problem into easier question For example, I like to record my income and expenses from my two different bank accounts, so of course each bank account would have a single spreadsheet to...
  8. Excel beginner questions

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel beginner questions: Hi I've made an Excel (In fact, Google Sheet) which is used to make a record of my cash income and expense there are three columns - "Income" "Expense" as well as "Balance" , similar to most bank statement record. I am a beginner and I am able to calculate the new...
  9. Excel beginner questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Excel beginner questions: Hi I've made an Excel (In fact, Google Sheet) which is used to make a record of my cash income and expense there are three columns - "Income" "Expense" as well as "Balance" , similar to most bank statement record. I am a beginner and I am able to calculate the new...
  10. OneDrive Beginner Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Beginner Questions: Hi There, I'm finding all of the information a bit confusing re the use of OneDrive. I have started to use OneDrive with 1TB capacity as an off site back up of my files, the Outlook ones being quite large, the rest not so much. I have several local daily/weekly backups. I...