Windows 10: Simple realtime lightweight CPU benchmark

Discus and support Simple realtime lightweight CPU benchmark in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm looking for the simplest (lightweight, small executable) Windows program to benchmark CPU. I know there are tons of ways to see your CPU core... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimhoyle, Sep 19, 2018.

1. jimhoyle Win User

Simple realtime lightweight CPU benchmark

I'm looking for the simplest (lightweight, small executable) Windows program to benchmark CPU. I know there are tons of ways to see your CPU core utilization in percentage and you can see your CPU current/maximum MHz setting (for example with Core Temp).

I know that there is Prime95 which utilizes 100% of all cores. I'm basically looking for Prime95 with a very simple graph or number telling me how fast the program is currently calculating (like a realtime FLOPS display).

Why do I want this? Core Temp is good, but I have a situation where I have fluctuating Min/Max MHz (as in what is set in Power Options / Processor power management / Min and Max processor state). And I have fluctuating CPU reserved for other processing. So I want to be able to very quickly check how much pratical processing power I have currently available without having to check the max MHz and the amount of other processes using CPU.

What program does this?

:)

jimhoyle, Sep 19, 2018

2. Windows Defender realtime scanning will not switch on - it detects another anti-virus product.

Windows Defender realtime scanning will not switch on, and the message suggests there is another anti-virus product present but if there is it does show up in Window 10 UI.

The long story is that I am troubleshooting a problem with application software. The manufacturer suggest removing Bitdefender because there product is incompatible. I thought I would give this a try, if only to element Bitdefender as a cause.

Firstly, I upgraded from Bitdefender 2016 to 2017 to see if that made a difference. The application still failed so I decided to try removal.

• I used the standard uninstall to remove Bitdefender 2017, rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I download the uninstall application for Bitdefender 2017, ran it then rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I checked the file system and all Bitdefender files have been deleted.
    • I check the registry and found a couple of references to Bitdefender Wallet, then deleted these.
    • I rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I reran the uninstall application for Bitdefender 2017 then rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection.
    I can find no traces of Bitdefender so I wonder why Windows Defender detects another anti-virus software. I've check other posts but couldn't find additional steps for uninstalling an anti-virus software. Any suggestions?

Moved from Windows 10

SystemOfTheWorld, Sep 19, 2018
  3. rich1608 Win User
    Lightweight charger

Hi,

Is the ACP 12X the right lightweight charger for a 3310? I have the normal (but heavy) ACP 7X and want a lighter one for backpacking trips etc.. The thing is the 3310 isn't listed on the packaging.

Cheers,

Rich

rich1608, Sep 19, 2018
  4. mike1127 Win User

free, no-ad lightweight general purpose benchmarking?

I was hoping to find a sticky about benchmarking in this forum but I can't find one.

I want to compare two laptops I'm thinking of purchasing. I'm interested in the performance on loading applications, including some very large professional music applications, CPU/memory performance as it might be relevant to CPU intensive programs (not graphics, not scientific, just some mathematics), and maybe Windows 10 startup and reboot times.

I looked around for benchmarking programs but most of them are either enormous (multiple GB) or ad-supported. I was hoping to find something free and lightweight that does a good job.

What about the Windows Experience index? I can't find that in the control panel.

Mike

mike1127, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Simple realtime lightweight CPU benchmark - Similar Threads - Simple realtime lightweight

2. Windows benchmark

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows benchmark: Hi, I wonder is it possible to perform a benchmark check for my Windows 10. I want to know which is the most reliable benchmark for Windows 10. Thanks very much https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-benchmark/401c016c-ca4c-439d-82fc-03971a032e15
  3. Windows 10 lightweight???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 lightweight???: I've been seeing some pages on the net about light-weight versions of windows, and recently moved my old win7 computer to lubuntu, a lightweight version of linux ubuntu, and I really am happy about the boost in performance. I have a windows 10 computer that is pretty slow,...
  4. Benchmark NIC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Benchmark NIC?: Hi, is there some way to consistently benchmark your NIC so one can try out different settings (offload etc) and see what works best? I am trying Psping, but it's very weird, if i have chrome opened it works faster then if it's not opened etc, which makes no sense....
  5. microsoft network realtime inspection service puts cpu to 100%

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft network realtime inspection service puts cpu to 100%: Since today (I have installed Plex Media Server) I got my PC to peek at 100% cpu because of microsoft network realtime inspection service. In Security Essentials (W7) there was the option in Defender to uncheck "Enable Network Inspection System". I can not find this...
  6. Simple hardware (CPU) question:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Simple hardware (CPU) question:: Is there any such thing as a Pentium 4, Socket 478 CPU that meets all of the requirements to run Windows 10? If there is, which one would it be? Socket 478 responses only please. 34057
  7. Pascal Benchmarks

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Pascal Benchmarks: I stumbled upon this that supposedly shows the Benchmarks of Pascal If this is what were looking forward too it may be worth getting 2 in sli Nvidia announces the GeForce GTX 1080, faster than two GTX 980s in SLI - TechSpot 49474
  8. First Benchmark

in Windows 10 Support
    First Benchmark: There will soon be a flood of these, I would imagine. This is an amateur effort, using an intensive game. It does pretty much agree with what I have already tested with windows 8.1 though. Take it or leave it. As the author says, It is early days. Y3HbW_5QPcI 2437
  9. free, no-ad lightweight general purpose benchmarking?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    free, no-ad lightweight general purpose benchmarking?: I was hoping to find a sticky about benchmarking in this forum but I can't find one. I want to compare two laptops I'm thinking of purchasing. I'm interested in the performance on loading applications, including some very large professional music applications, CPU/memory...
  10. Benchmarks

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Benchmarks: Asus PRIME B350-PLUS Performance Results - UserBenchmark Dont know if you will be able to read this link, but I have to admit that I am NOT impressed. Figures appear to be less than good. 85479