Windows 10: Simple system restore question

Discus and support Simple system restore question in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 homework and I want to double check before submitting this as a grade. Assume the below list of files exist on your computer at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kloyN, Dec 11, 2019.

1. /u/kloyN Win User

Simple system restore question

I have Windows 10 homework and I want to double check before submitting this as a grade.

Assume the below list of files exist on your computer at the time that the last restore point was created on your computer. Also assume that system restore is enabled on drive C: and on drive D: Assume all of these files are deleted. Which files would be restored if you restore the system using the last restore point?

Does everything look good to you guys? Am I getting a 100 on this question? Simple system restore question :) https://i.imgur.com/0wCegkA.png

Only potential problem might be D:\Myfiles\go.bat

submitted by /u/kloyN
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kloyN, Dec 11, 2019
  2. Dan_367 Win User

Simple Instruction for System Restore on Windows 10?

On my old Windows 7 computer it was simple. (I simply tapped the F8 key while turning on the computer. Then there was an option for System Restore. You just picked a date and clicked on it. All worked well after that.) I have ZERO idea how to do a system
    Restore on Windows 10 and am not at all computer knowledgeable)

If someone would please give me the steps (baby steps) by baby step how to do a system restore like I did on Windows 7, I would be deeply grateful. I know it's probably harder to do than with Windows 7, but I can follow baby steps if they are written by
    someone as if explaining to someone that is seeing a computer for the first time in life.. Thanks so much.

Dan_367, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    SYSTEM RESTORE

Hello Angel,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system conflict when it tried to perform a system restore. For us to better assist you on performing a system restore, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message are you getting? If possible can you send us a screenshot using the attach photo feature on your reply.
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.

Meanwhile, for a walkthrough on how to perform a system restore, kindly follow the steps on this

article
    and see the section that says Restore from a system restore point.
    On another note, we also suggest that you check the Windows Defender settings and lower down the security if it is on high security. This can also be another issue why it is preventing an update to be installed.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Simple system restore question

System restore got stuck

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What was the exact issue that you were facing that lead to perform restore?
    • Did you receive any error message, when the system restore got stuck?
    • Did you install any third party security application?

Since the computer is being stuck, I suggest you to restart the computer and try to perform the restore again and check if it helps.

I also suggest you to provide more information regarding the issue which led to perform system restore along with the make and model of the computer.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Simple system restore question

1. Simple system restore question - Similar Threads - Simple system restore

2. System Restore Point Questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Point Questions: This system has a C: boot drive and a D: data drive. In the System Protection dialog, selecting Confiture for D: brings up "System Protection for Data Drive D:." Does turning protection on for D: just use space on D: to store restore points for the whole system? Or does it...
  3. System Restore Point Questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore Point Questions: This system has a C: boot drive and a D: data drive. In the System Protection dialog, selecting Confiture for D: brings up "System Protection for Data Drive D:." Does turning protection on for D: just use space on D: to store restore points for the whole system? Or does it...
  4. System Restore Point Questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. A simple question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A simple question: This is not related to my computer, but here's a quick question. Can Windows Defender still scan viruses even if the OS is something like a Windows 7? unsupported https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-simple-question/3da19697-7034-4131-8361-d3faa23cc59c
  6. A simple question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A simple question: This is not related to my computer, but here's a quick question. Can Windows Defender still scan viruses even if the OS is something like a Windows 7? unsupported https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-simple-question/3da19697-7034-4131-8361-d3faa23cc59c
  7. Simple Questions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Simple Questions.: Hello. I'm pretty new to this and I have a couple of simple questions. What are the ways to install Windows 10 on a PC? The only way I know is using a USB drive with a copy of Windows 10 on it and installing it with that. What happens if you boot up a PC for the first...
  8. System Restore question

System Restore question: I wanted to create a new Restore point in Windows 10. When i went in to the program it showed me I only had 2 restore points total. They were using 7.8 GB of storage and it said I had 90GB available which was about 10% of total available space. In the past with Windows there...
  9. Quick and simple question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick and simple question: So guys, I've been using Windows 10 LTSC for like a year now and been perfectly fine, but now I have to downgrade to Pro edition. I've read that you cant downgrade to Pro without wiping all the data, but can I downgrade losslessly if I buy and change the product key to Pro...
  10. Simple questions, simple issues, no answers

Simple questions, simple issues, no answers: Hello. 1) Why all Microsoft troubleshooting utilities ends in errors? Nothing of built-in utilities never solved my problem. 2) Why do you shut down MS Store on W8.1 and it says, please try again later. Why it cannot say, Sorry, were closed forever? 3) Why is there such...