Windows 10: Simple to use text to speech software for reading online newspapers

Discus and support Simple to use text to speech software for reading online newspapers in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I met a legally blind person who is not aware that software exists to read online media articles. I remember trying and being impressed with such... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by provlima, Jan 29, 2019.

1. provlima Win User

Simple to use text to speech software for reading online newspapers

I met a legally blind person who is not aware that software exists to read online media articles.

I remember trying and being impressed with such software about 20 years ago and imagine that text to speech software has improved since then

Can someone please recommend free easy to use text to speech software for windows that he could use. Thanks for your help

:)

provlima, Jan 29, 2019
  2. freda Win User

text to speech

Do you heard of software which can read text in any application and convert text to mp3, wav, ogg or vox files? I known one - Alive Text to Speech , but it is not a free software, i can use it for 20 days.

Do you recommend a free software?

Thank you!

freda, Jan 29, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Looking for speech to text and text to speech software

Hello Elaine,

Windows 10 has two built-in apps that may help you with your productivity at work or while at home. You may read about them below:

Feel free to ask us, if you need further assistance.

Regards.

David Haz, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Lex Del Win User

Speech For Phone Accessibility

Hi Chanty,

To set up Speech, please follow the steps:

• Swipe left on the start screen.
    • Tap Settings.
    • Tap Speech.
    • Tap Read aloud incoming text messages.
    • Select from the following:
      • Always on
      • Bluetooth and headsets
      • Bluetooth only
      • wired headset only

For Text to speech settings, follow the steps below:

• Swipe left on the start screen.
    • Tap Settings.
    • Tap speech.
    • Set desired options.

Let us know how it goes.

Lex Del, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Simple to use text to speech software for reading online newspapers - Similar Threads - Simple text speech

2. Text to Speech

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text to Speech: Several years ago the text-to-speech functionality inexplicably switched from what was clearly a synthesized voice to a more natural sounding one. It took me a while to get used to it, but I liked it. All of a sudden, in the middle of having the computer read back some text...
  3. Text to Speech

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text to Speech: Several years ago the text-to-speech functionality inexplicably switched from what was clearly a synthesized voice to a more natural sounding one. It took me a while to get used to it, but I liked it. All of a sudden, in the middle of having the computer read back some text...
  4. Speech to text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech to text: Hello!In the past when i press the windows button and the letter h, speech to text will normally work. Now it is no longer working.Can you assist? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-to-text/5c51e32e-5082-43dc-8a32-5ce5835cf0b9
  5. Speech to Text

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speech to Text: In an online lecture and wanna take notes without having to type. I know with macs you can double tap the FN key to activate a speech to text thing that will take whatever a prof is saying and write it down in a word doc. How tf do I do this on windows? submitted by...
  6. text to speech

in Windows 10 Customization
    text to speech: I am trying to locate other united states female voices to add but can't locate them. Please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-to-speech/99702a97-6694-4e10-a2b4-614a713ce8db
  7. Speech To Text

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Speech To Text: I'm looking for a free user-friendly speech to text download for Windows 10 email and Word. I'v tried the STT with the black microphone logo, which I believe is the Windows STT, and couldn't get it to work. Please set me in the right direction. Thank you. *** Email address...
  8. Use Text-to-speech in Urdu

Use Text-to-speech in Urdu: I am using Windows 10 pro. I am trying to add TTS for reading urdu pdf file. Please let me know how I can add this feature. Regards ***Modified title from: TTS - Urdu***...
  9. Text to Speech

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text to Speech: Text to Speech identifies the acronyms incorrectly: Example: NM is spoken 'nanometer'. Reading Aviation material the NM is 'nautical mile' and VOR is not 'voor', it is V.O.R. There are more. I would like to modify TEXT to SPEECH speech file or dictionary relative to what...
  10. Opening PDFs from an online newspaper

Opening PDFs from an online newspaper: I know you've had this question before but I have never seen a workable answer. 9 out of 10 times I cannot open a downloaded PDF of a newspaper article from my online subscription to that newspaper. Not in any browser or with any reader. Default is Adobe Acrobat. However,...