Windows 10: Simple way to rename a group of files?

Discus and support Simple way to rename a group of files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; like "rename *.mpr _*.mpr"[ATTACH], as I would have done in DOS-times without special software?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HelmutWeber1, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Simple way to rename a group of files?

like "rename *.mpr _*.mpr" Simple way to rename a group of files? 374cd5f5-9f22-4a20-a6ce-f6297ba95bff?upload=true.png , as I would have done in DOS-times without special software?

:)

HelmutWeber1, Oct 30, 2018

2. Renaming group of files

Hi Richard,

There is a possibility that you are experiencing an issue with renaming the group of files because of a software conflict or damages within the files you are trying to rename. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following
    questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Why are you using the Windows PowerShell instead of File Explorer to rename the files?
    • Is your device connected to a domain network?

PowerShell is usually used by advanced users to troubleshoot problems with Windows. You can visit this
    link as a reference on how to use PowerShell to rename files in bulk.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Renaming group of files

REN in Powershell is not the same as REN in CMD.

REN in PowerShell is an Alias for Rename-Item, and it has different behaviours.

To get an example of how to use Rename-Item in Powershell type:

help rename-item -examples

The fourth example that is displayed is this:

Get-ChildItem *.txt | Rename-Item -NewName { $_.name -Replace '\.txt','.log' }

therefore, you need to get a list of the items that you want to rename and rename the items

for example, if I had a folder full of .jpeg files that I wanted to rename to .jpg then I would need to run the following from the directory that holds the files:

Get-ChildItem *.jpeg | Rename-Item -NewName {$_.Name -replace '\.jpeg','.jpg'}

I must admit that it is simpler in DOS with REN

pestell159, Oct 30, 2018
  4. amd5750m Win User

Simple way to rename a group of files?

rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

amd5750m, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Simple way to rename a group of files?

1. Simple way to rename a group of files? - Similar Threads - Simple rename group

2. Is there a way to auto rename files when saving down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to auto rename files when saving down?: If I have a folder named ABLG. And ive saved down files in this folder as ABLG_1 sequentially. I am tired of manually renaming files to the next sequential when i save them down. Is there a way to just save a file to this folder and gave windows auto rename the file to the...
  3. How to rename a group of files with names of another group of files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to rename a group of files with names of another group of files: I have a folder with a group of files. For example;First folderAudio1.wavAudio2.wavAudio3.wavAudio.... and so onSecond folderYes.wavNo.wavPerhaps.wav... and so onAnd there's the same amount of those files, but they named different. How can I replace names of first group with...
  4. How to rename a group of files with names of another group of files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to rename a group of files with names of another group of files: I have a folder with a group of files. For example;First folderAudio1.wavAudio2.wavAudio3.wavAudio.... and so onSecond folderYes.wavNo.wavPerhaps.wav... and so onAnd there's the same amount of those files, but they named different. How can I replace names of first group with...
  5. Looking For Way To Rename Files In Specific Ways

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking For Way To Rename Files In Specific Ways: I did a search for this but only found old results. I'm looking for a way to truncate file names in bulk by removing a common beginning and ending, leaving only the unique middle portion of the name. For example from this: AAAA - Dfhsd (3jd4).mp4 AAAA - hsji (3jd4).mp4 AAAA -...
  6. Is there a quick way to rename all files within a folder?

Is there a quick way to rename all files within a folder?: Is there a quick way to rename files within a folder? In my situation, all of the files have a date, that I update quarterly. Currently, I painstakingly select F2, End, and then rename the part of the date portion. So for example, if the folder had 12 files consisting of...
  7. A simple way to repair your PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A simple way to repair your PC: NOTE: This is only for beginners who are new to Windows 10/8.1/8/other versions but you see too!, these methods are also for older versions of windows eg; Windows 7 -------------------------------------------- Introduction ------------------------------------------- Have...
  8. Is there a way to batch rename files?

Is there a way to batch rename files?: I have a file with pictures formatted as "A-B-C" and need to change all the dashes to underscore such as "A_B_C". Is there a way to do this as a batch in the folder somehow? submitted by /u/gingernuts13 [link] [comments]...
  9. Is there a way to rename email?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there a way to rename email?: Hi i would like to know if its possible to rename email . someone is trying to reset my password on daily basis, i get reset code every few hours *-Or is there any other way to avoid this?...
  10. Any way to rename the "File folder" type?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any way to rename the "File folder" type?: I want to organize files by type but have shortcuts and folders on top. I was able to rename the Shortcut file type to .shortcut with the help of the Types app, which puts it on top, but I'm unable to rename the "File folder" type. Any way to change this type too? Or any...