Windows 10: Simple Win 10 customization help please...

Discus and support Simple Win 10 customization help please... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just purchased a Dell/Windows 10 laptop. I have everything working technically. Using Thunderbird for email. Wanted to use Edge for a browser but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by drhiii, Feb 27, 2019.

1. drhiii Win User

Simple Win 10 customization help please...

I just purchased a Dell/Windows 10 laptop. I have everything working technically. Using Thunderbird for email. Wanted to use Edge for a browser but moved to Chrome and Thunderbird for reason stated below. Running Libreoffice. Those are the main apps.

Am having a very difficult time creating a simple theme that works across all of these. Desktop, Thunderbird, Chrome/Firefox and Libreoffice… have spent two days trying to select a theme that gives enough contrast so one is able to see menu selections, etc. The default theme was too muted. I discovered, jaw dropped gobsmacked is a better phrase for it.. that MS Edge only has two themes. And that the system-wide theme does not translate down to the browser. Seriously thought this is a joke, but nawp. So had to toss Edge.

But am having a devil of a time trying to just hit on a simple theme, that works systemwide, and goes down into these apps. So my question is… anyone recommend a Tutorial or How To on MS Win 10 theme/color customization? Am really struggling to come up with a simple layout, mainly color. I was able to get a functional theme in Windows, but for instance, when dropping into Firefox, I cannot see simple entry boxes. They are the same color as the background. Have tried a bazillion combinations of Win 10 themes, Firefox tweaks, Chrome tweaks… and am just spinning my wheels. I have searched for tutorials but have yet to find anything reasonable yet.

Navigating themes and colors in Win 10 is so non intuitive, I cannot figure out how to just get back to default settings. Or can you?

Recommendations on anything that presents a simple how to manipulate themes/colors, etc? Across Win 10 and apps. Am a Linux person since the early 90s and am fluid in that environment. But have to admit, Windows is funky at best. Non intuitive.

Help?

:)

drhiii, Feb 27, 2019

2. Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 27, 2019
  3. GARoss Win User
    Is uninstall of Win 10 as simple as...?

Years ago I used EasyBCD while trying Linux & it was free.

I went ahead & followed steps 1-7 & all went smooth. After step 5, I had the choice of rebooting now or later. I chose now & booted into Win 7 with no problem. Disk Management was a breeze. All in all it all the whole process took about 10 minutes!

From what I've seen, Windows 10 looks good. It's quite different than Win 7 but no big deal. At this time I really don't have time to work with Win 10 all that much but Win 10 seems to be very stable anyway.

My best to everyone. Thanks for all who helped! *Thumbs

GARoss, Feb 27, 2019
  4. GARoss Win User

Is uninstall of Win 10 as simple as...?

Here's how the elevated bcdedit Command is listed looks.

Simple Win 10 customization help please... [​IMG]

GARoss, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Simple Win 10 customization help please... - Similar Threads - Simple customization help

2. please help 0x80780119 on win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    please help 0x80780119 on win 10: Hi from ireland, I know everyone here work hard on their free time to help people and well done. I am in need of help with what seems to be a popular problem, every time i do a create a system image it fails with not enough space on my external ssd which has 236GB free. What...
  3. Win Boot Manager - help restore to simple boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win Boot Manager - help restore to simple boot.: Please see image below. This came about when I had problems previously and consulted MS service (which wasn't a good idea in retrospect). Now I have to be present when ever the computer starts in order to bypass one window which brings me to the window shown in the image....
  4. WIN 10 CUSTOMIZATION

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN 10 CUSTOMIZATION: Is there any way to do detailed customization of Win 10, especially colors? Something like Win XP would be nice. It seems like Windows has been dumbed down as far as customization goes. Oh yes, where is "Custom Theme"?...
  5. BSOD help win 10 please

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD help win 10 please: Been struggling for the last month trying to diagnose what specifically is causing the crash. Always the same symptom....OS will freeze for about 30 seconds then BSOD after kernel timeout. Happens most day's so any crash logs from 11/20-12/2 (today) should accurately reflect...
  6. Win 10 oob loop please help

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win 10 oob loop please help: Stuck on that oob loop can some one help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-oob-loop-please-help/32b8b2af-69cc-442f-8db2-b76471f460d2
  7. simple answer please, how do I unlock a drive in win 10

simple answer please, how do I unlock a drive in win 10: unlock win 10 drive simply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/simple-answer-please-how-do-i-unlock-a-drive-in/7d528842-363b-4495-abfe-de4d838ff708
  8. BSOD win 10 HELP please?

BSOD win 10 HELP please?: Im getting regular Bseod - and desperately need some assistance. please provide next steps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-win-10-help-please/052944f9-b983-4992-b03f-72081f68f383
  9. BSOD ON WIN 10 Help Please!

BSOD ON WIN 10 Help Please!: Hi All, Please can a Techi person please decipher my minidump file and give me an idea of my problem. I am a little savvy with PC's but BSOD deafeat me. I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks Steve*Smile I have complied with the Posting instructions and now...
  10. Is uninstall of Win 10 as simple as...?

Is uninstall of Win 10 as simple as...?: Don't panic! *Huh I'm not ready to uninstall Windows 10 just yet but will need to eventually. But, to finish my question; is uninstall of Win 10 as simple as booting into Windows 7, then deleting the Windows 10 partition & re-acquiring that space back to it's original drive?...