Windows 10: Simplenote Install Location Changed

Discus and support Simplenote Install Location Changed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've had the note app "Simplenote" installed on my Windows 10 laptop, my Apple iMac and iPhone for ages. It does everything I need with no extras. A... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Homer712, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Homer712 Win User

Simplenote Install Location Changed

I've had the note app "Simplenote" installed on my Windows 10 laptop, my Apple iMac and iPhone for ages. It does everything I need with no extras. A couple of days ago I was told by the app that there was an update (I had v 2.5.0 installed, 2.6.0 was available), so I let it do it's thing.

The update installed into location: C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Programs\Simplenote.
    The existing installation was: C:\Program Files\Simplenote.

So I now had two installations of Simplenote. Reverted back via a MR image and tried installing the update via a downloaded ".exe" file rather than updating through the app itself. Same result. The installer installed to location: C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Programs\Simplenote.

Also, unlike other installs which walk you through "Accept", "Location" and finally "Install" check boxes, both the in app update and the downloaded installer gave no warnings at all. Soon as you double clicked it was off and running.

Anyone else encounter this?

:)

Homer712, Feb 12, 2021

2. Change location

Hi,

Changing the location of your Windows 10 device is possible. Follow these steps to change the location information on Windows 10:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click on Clock, Language, and Region and then select Region.
    • Click on Location tab.
    • Under the Home location, click the drop-down button and then choose your location.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

Note: Changing the location in Windows 10 is limited to changing which country or region you are in.

Feel free to reach out to us if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Can’t change the location.

Hi George,

I am sorry to hear that you had to encounter an internet connection issue in Windows 10 before. You can always come to us for any issues on Windows 10, we will be glad to help you.

Let us see what to do to resolve this issue on location settings. TO assist you better, please answer the questions below.

• Where did you see your location as Vermont USA? How did you tried to change the location?

• Are you getting any error messages while changing the location?

• What is the build version of the Windows? Follow the below steps to check the build version.

• Open up the run command with the
      Win key + R key combo.

• Type winver into the run command text box and hit
      OK.

• You should now see a dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration information.

I suggest you to ON the location service and check if the location is changed to your current location. If the location service is ON, the Windows will automatically find your location once the system in connected to internet and update
    the location on the Apps, which has the permission to access to the location. Refer to the below link to ON the location service and more.

Windows 10 location service and privacy

You may also change your Country or region manually by the following steps;

• In the search box on task bar, enter Change region, then select
      Change your country or region.

• Under Country or region, select your new region.

Hope you can change your location.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Simplenote Install Location Changed

How to change the geo-location

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that Microsoft Edge shows incorrect location of your computer. We know its pretty annoying.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to Microsoft Edge or all browsers also?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue
    • Do you see the incorrect location on a specific website?

• Where did you input your town and post code to change the location?
    I would like to let you know that the Microsoft Edge will detect the location that is configured on the system.

I suggest that you turn off and turn on the Location option in Settings. To do so, follow these steps.

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.

• Click on Privacy on select Location
      tab.

• Check if Location is turned ON.

• If yes, turn it OFF and turn ON
    Hope this helps. If the issue persist, please post back with the required information. We’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Simplenote Install Location Changed

1. Simplenote Install Location Changed - Similar Threads - Simplenote Install Location

2. Location will not change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location will not change: I endeavored to update the location on my new computer, but the map will not display to set a default location and I also am locked out of the Microsoft store. How can I repair this and update my location? I am being blocked from so many sites because of it....
  3. Location will not change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Location will not change: I endeavored to update the location on my new computer, but the map will not display to set a default location and I also am locked out of the Microsoft store. How can I repair this and update my location? I am being blocked from so many sites because of it....
  4. cant change windows store install location

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    cant change windows store install location: I am unable to install games from windows store on my other drive. even though i have changed the default drive for apps to install on they still install on my C drive instead of my A drive and when i click install i am not given the option to choose which drive it installs...
  5. Is there a way to change the location of installed programs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change the location of installed programs?: So... I'll try to keep it short. I put a caddy on my laptop (for who doesn't know what that means, I sacrificed my dvd-rom for more disk space), and I put in a 250gb (not the precise number) SSD in my main slot. I was planning on cloning the older 700gb (same) HD onto my...
  6. Can I change the location of pre - installed Windows location?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I change the location of pre - installed Windows location?: I have a laptop acer predator helios 300 which is pre installed factory installed with windows 10 home single language in my primary 256 GB SSD. After I installed some adobe softwares the storage got nearly full and makes my system slow, so i brought an another 500GB SSD for...
  7. Can't change my install location

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't change my install location: i tried to change where things were installed by trying to use settings>system>storage>change where content is installed. i keep on getting the error code 0x80004004 and nothing i have seen on the internet has help so far any help would be helpful....
  8. Change Default Installation Location?

Change Default Installation Location?: Hello! I was wondering if there was a way to change my default "C:" drive location to my storage "E:" drive location. I have some programs that I am trying to install and they are automatically installing themselves into the "C:" drive. So I was hoping there was a way to...
  9. Change location

Change location: So I added a second monitor (tv :v) to my setup and I put it on the wall right above my main monitor, the problem is when I extend the screens in order to get a window in the screen above I have to move the cursor to the left side, is there a way to get windows to know that...
  10. Changing default install location

Changing default install location: Alright, so I got a new hard drive today and I'd like to install my apps from the Microsoft store on that drive. However in the drop down menu in "Change where new content is saved" only the C: drive shows. In file explorer it appears and I've installed steam games to it and...