Windows 10: SimpleTech Hard Drive Not Recognized

Discus and support SimpleTech Hard Drive Not Recognized in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I plug in an external hard drive to my laptop the drive is not recognized and Windows says the drive malfunctioned The error is given during the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EBFH, Dec 1, 2020.

1. EBFH Win User

SimpleTech Hard Drive Not Recognized

When I plug in an external hard drive to my laptop the drive is not recognized and Windows says the drive malfunctioned
    The error is given during the installation of its USB driver. I mean the driver that Windows installs when connecting a device to a USB port.
    The drive itself is fine and not damaged. It is just old.
    In its manual it says that the supporting OS versions are ME, 2000 and XP - Is that might be the problem for not detecting it?
    My laptop runs Win10 Pro 64-bit
    The drive make and model is SimpleTech 160GB BOM No. 96200-41002-110
    The website for the maker doesn't come up anymore simpletech.com
    Update:
    The drive is detected in the Disk Management tool/app but reads Unalloocated
    Before I format it I would like to try retrieve/rescue the data on it. Is there a way to do so?
    Link to manual PDF

:)

EBFH, Dec 1, 2020
  2. Dlabihcra Win User

my HP Notebook - 17-bs005ds with windows 10 is not recognizing my SimpleTech external hard drive

my HP Notebook - 17-bs005ds with windows 10 is not recognizing my SimpleTech external hard drive

Dlabihcra, Dec 1, 2020
  3. simpletech external hard drive

when I connect the simpletech external hard drive to my laptop, it states there is a problem wit the drive and to scan it. How do I do that?

JamesRoth5, Dec 1, 2020
  4. SimpleTech Hard Drive Not Recognized

My SimpleTech 400 GB Simple Drive doesn't work with Windows 10.

My Simpletech works fine with Windows 7 and lower versions without any drivers. It is immediately after upgrading to Windows 10 that it is not recognized. In my opinion it is most definitely a Windows 10 problem. Windows 10 will not recognize a hard drive
    in a USB hard driver enclosure either but will on a Windows 7 computer. It would seem that something in the higher security they built into Windows 10 is causing these devices to not be recognized so I don/t think Simpletech is to blame. I will use another
    computer with Windows 7 to transfer files from Simpletech to a DVD or thumb drive so I can transfer files and backup back to my Windows 10 computer. The public library here has computer labs that have not been upgraded to Windows 10 yet. Smart on their part.
    Microsoft should warn people before upgrading that many, if not all hard drives, might not be recognized after the upgrade.

grannyjudy, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

SimpleTech Hard Drive Not Recognized

1. SimpleTech Hard Drive Not Recognized - Similar Threads - SimpleTech Hard Drive

2. SimpleTech HD - Not Recognized as Plug N Play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SimpleTech HD - Not Recognized as Plug N Play: I have a new computer and pulled out my SimpleTech 96300-41001-012 external hard drive. Plugged it in and it is not recognized. No driver loaded for it.I did notice that my old cable has a filter on it but not sure that is relevant.Where do I find a driver for this model?...
  3. SimpleTech HD - Not Recognized as Plug N Play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SimpleTech HD - Not Recognized as Plug N Play: I have a new computer and pulled out my SimpleTech 96300-41001-012 external hard drive. Plugged it in and it is not recognized. No driver loaded for it.I did notice that my old cable has a filter on it but not sure that is relevant.Where do I find a driver for this model?...
  4. simpletech external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    simpletech external hard drive: when I connect the simpletech external hard drive to my laptop, it states there is a problem wit the drive and to scan it. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/simpletech-external-hard-drive/83dee4ce-0761-48dd-9df0-3f71b8f0d270
  5. Hard drive not recognized

Hard drive not recognized: My second Hard Drive is not recognized. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-not-recognized/e93a541f-2e22-4896-88ab-3c2042aec8a6
  6. Hard drive not recognized

Hard drive not recognized: Hey, I got a new hard drive today and for some reason I am unable to add it to my already existing ssd drive that my pc desktop currently runs on. I have tried going into create and format hard disk partitions and allocating the “unallocated disk” but there isn’t any drive...
  7. Simpletech

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Simpletech: I own a Simpletech external hard drive that used to work with my Windows 7 computer. But, I tried to access it on my Windows 10 computer, and it didn't work. I don't have a Windows 7 computer anymore. I upgraded it to Windows 10. Why can't I access my Simpletech drive?...
  8. external hard drive not recognized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external hard drive not recognized: I had storage spaces From windows 8.1 that computer went down I moved Storage spaces to another computer. windows 10 machine. Everything works. I was able to Copy those files to another drives. now I want to reuse those drives but only let me rename it not to remove. I...
  9. Hard drive not recognized

Hard drive not recognized: suddenly my external hard drive is not showing up in my pc however i can see it in devices and printers how can i fix this problem without losing all the information on my hard drive?...
  10. Windows 10 can not recognize the Simpletech's Simple Drive.

Windows 10 can not recognize the Simpletech's Simple Drive.: "Simple Drive" is a USB connected mass storage device. Mine is a 400 GB drive. It works fine in Win XP but not Win 10. Neither XP nor Win 10 showed a device driver has been installed. Google can not find a site that has the driver. Any help? Sure appreciated. 16484