Windows 10: Simplified Chinese IME Does Not Work with Microsoft Apps

Discus and support Simplified Chinese IME Does Not Work with Microsoft Apps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi,I have no idea which topic to post this question in. Feel free to move it to the appropriate topic, please.I am running Windows 10 Home version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by magicspeller, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Simplified Chinese IME Does Not Work with Microsoft Apps

Hi,I have no idea which topic to post this question in. Feel free to move it to the appropriate topic, please.I am running Windows 10 Home version 10.0.19042 Build 19042.If I use the Chinese Simplified, China Microsoft Pinyin IME anywhere other than in a Microsoft app, I type a pinyin syllable and it shows me a numbered list of Chinese characters, from which I can select the one I want and it is entered in the text, as expected.However, if I do the same thing in a Microsoft app, instead of giving me a list of Chinese characters, it gives me a list of English words! This happens whether I'm

:)

magicspeller, Jul 14, 2021

2. IME Simplified Chinese

I had Windows 7 and I updated online to Windows 10. I write and use Mandarin Simplified Chinese. Before
    Microsoft had an excellent Input Method Editor ( IME) for Chinese but most disappointingly the IME in Windows 10 is incomplete. So now there is no Radical Dictionary function where you can search for the Radical and then find all the characters
    that use that Radical by the number of strokes. Secondly it had an IME pad where you could draw the character with the mouse and it would suggest possible matches for you.

So I ‘ve been waiting in the hope that a fix would come to at least upgrade the IME to what it had been but so far nothing. Please can you tell me if Microsoft intend to restore the IME and when it might happen?

KeithRobinsonZL., Jul 14, 2021
  3. Taffy087 Win User
    Taffy087, Jul 14, 2021
  4. 한곤김 Win User

Simplified Chinese IME Does Not Work with Microsoft Apps

Some problems in IME for Chinese and Korean

Microsoft IME for Chinese and Korean has some problem.

1. Touchscreen interface.

I use ChangJIe IME in touchscreen. ChangJie IME input is based on Chinese calligraphy and is not phonetic based. In most time, we can easily get only one candidate character. (For example, 倉=人戈日口, no other candidates). So, most time we don't need to select
    character from candidate list. In real keyboard, we press "Space" instead of press number to select character. But somehow, touchscreen keyboard "DOESN'T" allow me to use space key to select character so I need to touch character in the list (even there only
    one) and is very inconvenient. In Android or iOS uses "Space" to hit and select candidate key. If you understand some Chinese, try to see HK Microsoft community and many Hong Kong people complain this problem but seems they just say "We will improve"?

2. Also touchscreen keyboard, why keystroke appears in the input box? Example, assume we input 倉= 人戈日口(OIAR) so we need press 人戈日口(OIAR) but this will appear in the input box not above touchscreen IME so I need to move my eyes from top to bottom(Example
    we use edge to try search something on the web so we need to type Chinese in the address bar) to see if there is any typo. In Android or iOS system keystrokes will appear at the top of the IME. This should be improved.

3. Why Chinese and Korean IME include English keyboard??

I understand most Korean and Chinese people can only speak one or two languages and their display language is also in either Korean or Chinese so therefore they don't need to frequently switch IME and they usually use "Shift" and "Left Alt" to switch English
    input instead of use "Windows + Space" to switch different IME. But why don't you make an option allows Chinese and Korean IME doesn't allow to input English? It is VERY INCONVENIENT when I switch to different language and start to type, it shows English instead
    of Korean or Chinese. in Mac OS, you know they use "Command + Shift" and each IME only has one language and doesn't have problem I just explained. I added "English" in language list to use English as displayed language so English IME also appears in the IME
    list. This makes me to feel I have "Three" English keyboard plus Korean and Chinese keyboard. I'm so sad when I switch to different language and use "Backspace" to remove wrong characters and use "Shift" or "Left Alt" to change language again but I already
    changed to different IME.

4. Character set for Changjie IME.

I was studying in Macau so I don't understand simplified characters at all but why those ugly simplified characters appear on the list of candidate keys? I found Microsoft Pingyin only shows Simplified Chinese characters so Changjie IME can eliminates simplified
    Chinese characters. Pleased don't include all characters in Unicode Set of Changjie input but try to eliminate simplified characters in the database or make option to remove simplified characters which are useless for me.

한곤김, Jul 14, 2021
Thema:

Simplified Chinese IME Does Not Work with Microsoft Apps

1. Simplified Chinese IME Does Not Work with Microsoft Apps - Similar Threads - Simplified Chinese IME

2. There is no IME pad for Simplified Chinese Microsoft pinyin Keyboard in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no IME pad for Simplified Chinese Microsoft pinyin Keyboard in Windows 11: I've installed handwriting on my keyboard yet I don't see any way to insert handwriting in this Chinese keyboard, Unlike the Japanese keyboard where it has an IME pad, This one doesnt....
  3. There is no IME pad for Simplified Chinese Microsoft pinyin Keyboard in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is no IME pad for Simplified Chinese Microsoft pinyin Keyboard in Windows 11: I've installed handwriting on my keyboard yet I don't see any way to insert handwriting in this Chinese keyboard, Unlike the Japanese keyboard where it has an IME pad, This one doesnt....
  4. IME doesn't work stating "Simplified Chinese IME dictionaries are not ready yet" on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IME doesn't work stating "Simplified Chinese IME dictionaries are not ready yet" on Windows 11: My wife is running Windows 11 Home, 22000.348. I installed the Chinese Pinyin Keyboard, but when you switch IME to type, "Simplified Chinese IME dictionaries are not ready yet" shows up, points me to Language Settings. And it's a loop because there's no way to load the...
  5. IME doesn't work stating "Simplified Chinese IME dictionaries are not ready yet" on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IME doesn't work stating "Simplified Chinese IME dictionaries are not ready yet" on Windows 11: My wife is running Windows 11 Home, 22000.348. I installed the Chinese Pinyin Keyboard, but when you switch IME to type, "Simplified Chinese IME dictionaries are not ready yet" shows up, points me to Language Settings. And it's a loop because there's no way to load the...
  6. The Pinyin for the Simplified Chinese Keyboard Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Pinyin for the Simplified Chinese Keyboard Doesn't Work: I've been trying for hours to get the pinyin to work but still hasn't. Whenever I try to add tones to the letters, it just turns into the regular numbers. I don't know how it stopped working in the first place and i need it to work so that I can be able to add pronunciation...
  7. How to remove "To Chinese Simplified, China - Chinese Simplified - US"

How to remove "To Chinese Simplified, China - Chinese Simplified - US": The highlighted item below, how to remove it I mean completely, 100% remove? Windows 10 version 1803. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-to-chinese-simplified-china-chinese/162c61ac-ebd8-4765-9a4e-d36762e61f72
  8. chinese Simplified,China

chinese Simplified,China: I can not remove that langue from my PC[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-simplifiedchina/331a05de-15d6-4fc7-aa5a-6d0d4b350207
  9. Chinese IME

Chinese IME: I can type chinese word in windows search bar after installed chinese language under Add Language but i could not type at any others app browser address bar, MS Words etc and it didn't show the language bar at taskbar but the Chinese IME is enable in the background. please...
  10. Chinese IME

Chinese IME: In Windows 10 the automatic learning feature of Traditional Chinese IME does not work at all. Is this a bug or am I missing something? It worked correctly in Windows 7. "Dynamic candidate order based on usage" is selected....