Windows 10: "Simplified" Chinese is actually "Traditional"

Discus and support "Simplified" Chinese is actually "Traditional" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I installed Microsoft's Simplified Chinese language, but the text it types is Traditional not simplified.I already reinstalled the language pack... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mac Sed, Dec 24, 2022.

1. Mac Sed Win User

"Simplified" Chinese is actually "Traditional"

I installed Microsoft's Simplified Chinese language, but the text it types is Traditional not simplified.I already reinstalled the language pack multiple times, but it comes out as traditional every time. Edition: Windows 11 Home

:)

Mac Sed, Dec 24, 2022
  2. paulsoto Win User

Nokia 920, need simplified chinese, not traditional chinese

No, this does not help. I probably didn't clarify well. First, I will respond to your helpful reply. Second, I will clarify what I am looking for.

First: yes, if I want to type in simplified Chinese your suggestion solves that problem - that is, changing the keyboard language helps. However, I was looking for a different solution

Second: I'd like to change my ' Phone Language ' to simplified Chinese. That area is: Settings>Language + Region>Phone Language>((( here, select language ))).

My Nokia 920 gives me 6-language options to change to:

1. English

2. Spanish (Mexico)

3. French

4. Portugese (Brazil)

5. Korean

6. Chinese (Traditional)

If I choose (Traditional) Chinese, then my phone language will change to Traditional Chinese. That means, everything I see will be in Traditional Chinese.

I want to see everything in Simplified Chinese, not Traditional Chinese.

paulsoto, Dec 24, 2022
  3. why the simplified Chinese pinyin keyboard is incorrectly producing Traditional Chinese?

why the simplified Chinese pinyin keyboard is incorrectly producing Traditional Chinese?

I followed the following procedure in window 10

• In the Cortana box type 'Region'.
    • Click on 'Region and Language Settings'.
    • Click on 'Add a Language'.
    • From the list of languages select Chinese Simplified.
    • Select Chinese (Simplified, China).
    • Click on Language pack available.
    • Click on Options button.
    I did see Chinese (Simplified, China) Microsoft Pinyin when clicking to select language.

However, after selecting "Chinese (Simplified, China)", it actually produce Traditional Chinese when using pinyin keyboard in window 10

This issue looks to be described at the following link too:

Redirecting

=============== I have just found the reason as shown below. The issue is now resolved. =================

"Simplified" Chinese is actually "Traditional" [​IMG]

maple_gluo, Dec 24, 2022
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Nokia 920, need simplified chinese, not traditional chinese

I have a Nokia 920, purchased in Los Angeles, USA. I want to use simplified Chinese, NOT traditional Chinese. Let me repeat, I do not want to use traditional Chinese. Why? Because I can't read traditional Chinese, I can read simplified Chinese - yes,
    huge difference.

I'm looking for a solid answer to my problem. On the Nokia forum at: http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Sof...-after-OTA/m-p/1655874/highlight/true#M126491 someone answered my question to solve this problem, but that person directed me
    to the Microsoft help / support.

So, I guess I'm at the beginning of my search.

How do I get my phone to simplified Chinese, not traditional Chinese.

Tenforo, Dec 24, 2022
Thema:

1. "Simplified" Chinese is actually "Traditional" - Similar Threads - Simplified Chinese actually

2. Issues facing while installing and downloading the Traditional and Simplified Chinese...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues facing while installing and downloading the Traditional and Simplified Chinese...: I'm tried to install and download Simplified and Traditional Chinese language and encountered the following issues. Do revert if you have any advise. Thanks1. Simplified Chinese language downloading hanging in downloading process for hours2. Traditional Chinese language...
  3. Issues facing while installing and downloading the Traditional and Simplified Chinese...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues facing while installing and downloading the Traditional and Simplified Chinese...: I'm tried to install and download Simplified and Traditional Chinese language and encountered the following issues. Do revert if you have any advise. Thanks1. Simplified Chinese language downloading hanging in downloading process for hours2. Traditional Chinese language...
  4. "Simplified" Chinese is actually "Traditional"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Simplified" Chinese is actually "Traditional": I installed Microsoft's Simplified Chinese language, but the text it types is Traditional not simplified.I already reinstalled the language pack multiple times, but it comes out as traditional every time. Edition: Windows 11 Home...
  5. No traditional Chinese, only simplified Chinese, how come?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No traditional Chinese, only simplified Chinese, how come?: When trying to add a language, I found that Traditional Chinese is disabled grey out, why is that and how do I get traditional chinese input on my laptop?...
  6. No traditional Chinese, only simplified Chinese, how come?

No traditional Chinese, only simplified Chinese, how come?: When trying to add a language, I found that Traditional Chinese is disabled grey out, why is that and how do I get traditional chinese input on my laptop?...
  7. why the simplified Chinese pinyin keyboard is incorrectly producing Traditional Chinese?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why the simplified Chinese pinyin keyboard is incorrectly producing Traditional Chinese?: why the simplified Chinese pinyin keyboard is incorrectly producing Traditional Chinese?I followed the following procedure in window 10In the Cortana box type 'Region'.Click on 'Region and Language Settings'.Click on 'Add a Language'.From the list of languages select Chinese...
  8. why the simplified Chinese pinyin keyboard is incorrectly producing Traditional Chinese?

why the simplified Chinese pinyin keyboard is incorrectly producing Traditional Chinese?: why the simplified Chinese pinyin keyboard is incorrectly producing Traditional Chinese?I followed the following procedure in window 10In the Cortana box type 'Region'.Click on 'Region and Language Settings'.Click on 'Add a Language'.From the list of languages select Chinese...
  9. simplified chinese has some not all characters appear as traditional chinese

in Windows 10 Customization
    simplified chinese has some not all characters appear as traditional chinese: when i type in chinese, for example, the is traditional chinese while the other 3 is simplifiedim using simplified chinese in settings. wondering how i can solve this....
  10. Chinese input method show traditional Chinese characters rather than Simplified ones.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chinese input method show traditional Chinese characters rather than Simplified ones.: I installed Microsoft Pinyin and it shows that Chinese character library is for Mainland China (where the simplified Chinese characters are used). However every time I entered pinyin, the corresponding characters popped up are traditional Chinese characters. below is what...