Windows 10: Simplified Windows Update settings for end users in Windows 10 v2004

Discus and support Simplified Windows Update settings for end users in Windows 10 v2004 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With the rollout of Windows 10, version 1903, we gave customers control over when to take feature updates. As noted in Mike Fortin’s April... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Simplified Windows Update settings for end users in Windows 10 v2004

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...s/ba-p/1497215

:)

Brink, Jun 29, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Simplified Windows Update settings for end users in Windows 10 v2004 capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Jun 29, 2020
  3. RCoon Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Jun 29, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Simplified Windows Update settings for end users in Windows 10 v2004 - Similar Threads - Simplified Update settings

2. OneDrive app prevents Windows 10 v2004 update for some users

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive app prevents Windows 10 v2004 update for some users: Windows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004), which was released in the last week of May, is still not available for all devices. Various configurations have been blocked from installing the May 2020 Update due to incompatible drivers, hardware, and the update is also being...
  3. Windows 10 v2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 v2004: I have had nothing but problems with the May 2020 v2004 on hundreds of computers at every site I am responsible for. It breaks many ERP systems, removes Epson printers, causes general print issues, has problems with MIP Albia software, has issues with numerous 3'rd party...
  4. Microsoft starts updating Windows 10 v1809 to Windows 10 v2004

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft starts updating Windows 10 v1809 to Windows 10 v2004: Windows 10, version 2004 is available for users with devices running Windows 10, versions 1903 and 1909, who manually seek to “Check for updates” via Windows Update. We are continuing our phased approach on initial availability, as we listen, learn,...
  5. windows may 2020 update v2004

windows may 2020 update v2004: my laptop still didn't get this update. been waiting for days and days. my device has the latest version right now not 2004 the version before that and it fulfills all the requirements. mine is dell latitude E5440 .i don't need any other method to download this update. I...
  6. Windows 10 May 2020 Update v2004

Windows 10 May 2020 Update v2004: Hi guys, So the update is released.I just wanted to ask that is it recommended to install this update? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-may-2020-update-v2004/5c49ad2e-17d5-4be6-8ce9-3f6f0055f85d
  7. Outlook for Windows rolls out its simplified user experience

in Windows 10 News
    Outlook for Windows rolls out its simplified user experience: Outlook for Windows has evolved through multiple generations of improvements to create a user experience aimed at making it easier for you to get things done and focus on what matters. Now, after rounds of validation and refinement through customer research and the Coming...
  8. Windows update issue - User Settings

Windows update issue - User Settings: I am growing as irritated with Microsoft as I was with Apple when I switched. Why does a windows update delete every user setting, include complicated game profiles and macros? Even though I now back them up, restoring them and putting them in the right place it is still...
  9. Suggestion to simplify the language management of mutli-linguale users

in Windows 10 Customization
    Suggestion to simplify the language management of mutli-linguale users: Hi, I will start by apologizing if this topic ran before, but after a brief scan of the community topics I did not see that it was tackled with this angle. But I've seen lots of post where people suffer from the language selection problem. In short, language management in...
  10. Simplifying kiosk management for IT with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Simplifying kiosk management for IT with Windows 10: This post outlines the investments Microsoft is making to simplify the configuration and management of kiosk devices, improving Windows 10 as a kiosk platform for IT organizations. Our investments in kiosk and Firstline Worker scenarios are part of a bigger mission to...