Windows 10: Simplifying Microsoft Edge configuration profiles for Jamf Pro

Discus and support Simplifying Microsoft Edge configuration profiles for Jamf Pro in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With our Microsoft Edge Beta Channel 81 release, we’re excited to announce preview support for Jamf Pro’s 10.19 changes to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Simplifying Microsoft Edge configuration profiles for Jamf Pro

Source: Simplifying Microsoft Edge configuration profiles for Jamf Pro - Microsoft Edge Blog

Latest Microsoft Edge released for Windows

:)

Brink, Feb 20, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Configuring Microsoft Edge

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

Method 1:

I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data option
    of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Edge.
    • Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
      and click on Clear.
    Method 2:

If you are using any Proxy connection, then try disabling the proxy connection and check.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

• Click the Settings icon at the top right corner in internet explorer.
    • Click the Tools button, and then click
      Internet Options.
    • Click the Connections tab, and then click
      LAN settings.
    • Uncheck the box next to “proxy server for your LAN”.
    • Click on OK to save the setting and close window.
    Now check the issue by opening Edge.

Method 3:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Simplifying Microsoft Edge configuration profiles for Jamf Pro

Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

Simplifying Microsoft Edge configuration profiles for Jamf Pro

1. Simplifying Microsoft Edge configuration profiles for Jamf Pro - Similar Threads - Simplifying Microsoft Edge

2. Edge profile would like Work profile to default open on Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge profile would like Work profile to default open on Windows 11 Pro: Windows 11 Pro version 22H2WorkgroupWould like Edge to open with Work Profile not Personal ProfileHow do we set this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-profile-would-like-work-profile-to-default/2d562edf-f6e7-4669-9715-eaa8315a640e
  3. Configuration profile problem - Microsoft Defender Application Control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Configuration profile problem - Microsoft Defender Application Control: Hi there,I was testing around with the "Application control code integrity policies" in Microsoft Defender Application Control in Endpoint protection.After deployment, I realized, that the policy corrupts certain MSI and win32 apps deployed via Endpoint Manager.After...
  4. Group Policies to configure Redirection to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Group Policies to configure Redirection to Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]Starting with Microsoft Edge 87, Microsoft is rolling out new GPO or Group Policies […] This article Group Policies to configure Redirection to Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Question about the new Microsoft Edge and profiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about the new Microsoft Edge and profiles: As much as I hate to admit it, the new browser is fantastic. The browser itself is blazingly fast, and synchronisation between different machines is almost instantaneous. That said, something weird is happening. I primarily use two machines (desktop and laptop), and two...
  6. Microsoft Edge - profile photo desync issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge - profile photo desync issue?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ramloy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fbxyb8/microsoft_edge_profile_photo_desync_issue/
  7. Edge Profile Pic

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Profile Pic: I just installed Microsoft Edge Beta and thus far am enjoying it. The issue albeit a small one is that I cannot get the profile picture in the right hand corner top to update. I have gone into settings, clicked change picture, changed the picture, save but yet the picture...
  8. Edge Chromium Profiles - Start Edge with same/default Profile

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium Profiles - Start Edge with same/default Profile: I'm on Edge Version 79.0.309.71 (Official build) (64-bit). I am using the Edge profiles feature to enable connectivity, bookmarks, cached credentials, etc., in order to connect to different environments for different customers of mine. I have a default profile 'Default' for...
  9. Microsoft is working on simplifying Skype experience

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is working on simplifying Skype experience: Microsoft in its latest blog post has announced that it is working on simplifying the skype experience based on the users’ feedback. The company had earlier announced that it would be updating users to a new Skype version 8 from the earlier version 7 since the company decided...
  10. Microsoft Edge Startup Page Profile Picture

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Startup Page Profile Picture: Hi, The upper right profile picture on the default Startup Page of Microsoft Edge doesn't update. It keeps displaying the first profile picture I used when I installed Windows 10. Maybe it's a detail for most of the people but being a nitpicker, and not being given any...