Windows 10: Simply copy ISO image file from USB stick?

Discus and support Simply copy ISO image file from USB stick? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, can I simply copy a finished Windows 10 ISO file to a USB stick and then boot with it, or do I need software beforehand that makes the USB stick... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IlMito, Jun 21, 2020.

1. IlMito Win User

Simply copy ISO image file from USB stick?

Hello, can I simply copy a finished Windows 10 ISO file to a USB stick and then boot with it, or do I need software beforehand that makes the USB stick bootable with the ISO file?

:)

IlMito, Jun 21, 2020
  2. Niarod Win User

Need help. want to create bootable win7 64bit iso with usb-stick (using 32bit xp)

I suggest you use HP USB Disk Storage Format to make your usb stick bootable like Bogmali said, download here HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool - v2.1.8 - SP27608.exe - EXTREME Overclocking Downloads

Then copy ALL files from the iso to the formatted usb pen, i suggest you open the .iso file with Winrar and extract all files to the usb pen.

Like Mussels said your PC should be set to boot from usb:
    1.On startup press F8 or whatever is the corresponding key on your keyboard for the boot options, or
    2.Enter BIOS (hit Del or F2...), go to Boot Priority and set your usb pen as primary boot device.
    F10 (save and exit),restart, you're good to go.

Niarod, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

Have you copied all the files from the ISO to the flash drive? I can't see that step.

After step 10. (after formatting and making it the active partition)

Copy files from the ISO to flash drive.

Open CMD as administrator.

navigate to the flash drive, lets call it drive Z and type in the following commands.
    Z:
    cd boot
    bootsect.exe /nt60 z:
    exit

Then try again.

slyfox2151, Jun 21, 2020
  4. bogmali Win User

Need help. want to create bootable win7 64bit iso with usb-stick (using 32bit xp)

What I did (which may involve searching for a trial version software):

1. Format the USB drive with HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool (and make it bootable)
    2. Find a trial copy of ISO Buster and install in current PC.
    3. Open the Win7 ISO file with ISO Buster, copy and paste to the destination folder/drive.
    4. Make sure you copy and paste every file to include the boot image.

bogmali, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Simply copy ISO image file from USB stick? - Similar Threads - Simply copy ISO

2. Unable to Copy ISO to USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Copy ISO to USB: I'm trying to create a Windows 11 installation disk.I downloaded the ISO and tried to copy and then paste it to the USB but, it statesthat the ISO is too large for the destination.The ISO is being reported as 5.18 GBThe USB has is empty and has 31.9 GB free space.James...
  3. Unable to Copy ISO to USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Copy ISO to USB: I'm trying to create a Windows 11 installation disk.I downloaded the ISO and tried to copy and then paste it to the USB but, it statesthat the ISO is too large for the destination.The ISO is being reported as 5.18 GBThe USB has is empty and has 31.9 GB free space.James...
  4. USB stick for System Image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    USB stick for System Image: I was just about to order a 256GB flash drive, when I took a look at the reviews. There are more than few complaints about them overheating, which causes (a) early total failure or (b) it disconnects before the end of a many-GB transfer. Sandisk seems to be one of the worst...
  5. Simple imaging from a USB stick?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Simple imaging from a USB stick?: Target: Clone simple laptop (Windows 10 & office only) to USB stick, reapply image from stick no technical understanding Background: I am doing some work for a charity who have been given the number of laptops that they want people to use for learning and to access resources...
  6. Copying ISO to USB fails!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copying ISO to USB fails!: Help Redditors! I’m hoping you guys can help me figure out an issue I keep running into... I’m trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my Lenovo U510 Ideapad via USB boot. I’m using a Mac to create the USB containing my Windows 10 ISO (I’ve actually tried two...
  7. Set up ability to copy from a dvd to a usb stick.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set up ability to copy from a dvd to a usb stick.: How to set up ability to copy songs from a dvd to a usb stick. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-ability-to-copy-from-a-dvd-to-a-usb-stick/3fa1c5cb-4600-45ff-9914-78a5b7f44e10
  8. Copy ISO to USB from Mac

Copy ISO to USB from Mac: My desktop's hard disk failed. I have bought a new one. I downloaded 64 bit windows 10 on my Mac. How to make bootable usb drive to install fresh version of windows 10?...
  9. Copy network settings to usb stick?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy network settings to usb stick?: In Windows 7 I could copy my network settings to a usb stick and transfer it to another machine just by clicking on the file generated - really simple. But I can't find the same option in Win 10 - Anybody? 31476
  10. How to easily make an installation USB stick from an ISO

How to easily make an installation USB stick from an ISO: So you want to reinstall Windows 10, or maybe dual-boot with Linux? Then (especially with Linux) you are like "How to I make the ISO installable from?" Then you've come to the right place. Use this software called Rufus (rufus.akeo.ie). Its really fast and can use about any...