Windows 10: Sims 4 Files

Discus and support Sims 4 Files in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I’ve been playing the sims on windows for years and never had this problem before. I shut down my game last night, I had saved it. This morning when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChanWall, Jul 29, 2021.

1. ChanWall Win User

Sims 4 Files

I’ve been playing the sims on windows for years and never had this problem before. I shut down my game last night, I had saved it. This morning when I turned on my laptop it had me login to my Microsoft account, I had never logged in on this laptop before. Now when I open my game none of my save files are there. Does anyone know how to fix this? I can’t log out of my account.

:)

ChanWall, Jul 29, 2021
  2. Mala_S Win User

Sims 4 deleting custom content

Hello KayleeAdams,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following questions:

1. Which version of Windows is installed on your machine?
    2. Are you accessing the game on Xbox device or Windows PC?

I would suggest you to enable custom content option and see if that works. To do that,

• Go to Game options > Other >
      Enable Custom Content and Mods.
    • If it isn’t ticked, place a tick mark and
      exit the game.
    • Later, get back to your game and see if your custom context is present.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to contact The Sims 4 Official Support from the following link:

https://help.ea.com/en/the-sims/the-sims-4/

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jul 29, 2021
  3. Unable to play Sims 4 on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community

As per the description, I understand that you are facing an error "The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1103)" while launching SIMS 4 in your computer. It seems like the issue is related with the inconsistency in the system files or
    driver update. I will certainly help you with your issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • When did you install SIMS 4?
    • Have you installed any updates before/after installing the game?
    • What are the system requirements for the game?
    • Have you update your Graphic Drivers?
    Refer the following steps to update graphic driver.

• Click on start button and go to control panel on the right column.
    • Change the view by (from windows explorer) to
      large icons or small icons.
    • Double Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adaptor, double click on the available entry.
    • Click the tab Driver, click Update Driver.
    Note: I also suggest you to update the display card driver from the computer manufacturer website as well.

Please confirm with the SIMS 4 support if they have released any patches for this game.

I would suggest you to perform clean boot and check you are able to play game.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot

Refer to the link to perform clean boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

If issue persists please have this game reinstall and check again.

Following are the steps to remove SIMS 4 from Program and Features:

• Press Windows + R, type control panel and then click on
      ok.
    • Double click on Programs and Features.
    • Uninstall all the SIMS 4 related software.
    • Reinstall the application.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 29, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Sims 4 Files

The Sims 4 Base Game (Standard Edition) FREE for a limited time

Read more:

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Jul 29, 2021
Thema:

Sims 4 Files

1. Sims 4 Files - Similar Threads - Sims Files

2. I have a blue question mark on top of my hdd file and cant access my sims game can someone...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have a blue question mark on top of my hdd file and cant access my sims game can someone...: i tried chkdsk but it wouldn’t let me access that and in disk management it says it’s working properly but I still can’t find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-blue-question-mark-on-top-of-my-hdd-file/28e9e20c-1529-4888-962d-bbc35b5f4100
  3. I have a blue question mark on top of my hdd file and cant access my sims game can someone...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a blue question mark on top of my hdd file and cant access my sims game can someone...: i tried chkdsk but it wouldn’t let me access that and in disk management it says it’s working properly but I still can’t find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-blue-question-mark-on-top-of-my-hdd-file/28e9e20c-1529-4888-962d-bbc35b5f4100
  4. I have a blue question mark on top of my hdd file and cant access my sims game can someone...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Maybe someone here can help me with missing files from my Sims game? Yea, desperate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Maybe someone here can help me with missing files from my Sims game? Yea, desperate: To start, I have windows 10 on my dell laptop. So here’s some backstory: I’ve been playing the sims 4 since it came out so almost 5-6 years now. I have never had something like this happen. The game has a mod folder, in that folder I made sub folders for custom content such...
  6. Adjusted page file one time to run Microsoft flight sim, now no other games will run...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adjusted page file one time to run Microsoft flight sim, now no other games will run...: I have 16gb I read online for people to change their page file to manual and do minimum your size of memory and maximum whatever your memory size is 4x. so I did 16000 and 64000 , now it would run the game. Now the issue is ANYTHING else will not run , I tried to restore the...
  7. Missing MS Flight Sim files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing MS Flight Sim files: My PC now has several upgraded parts, but for some reason my MS Flight Sim files became incomplete compared to before. IS there a way to gather, download any files that are missing? And I do know for sure that files are missing as a few directories are now empty. Thanks!...
  8. Microsoft Flight sim 2020 stopping on a specific file, Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight sim 2020 stopping on a specific file, Help!: I recently downloaded MFS2020 and it always stops at 31.39% installation percent. The file is normally "decompresssing fs-base-0.1.61.fspackage.001" I need help on how to stop this and/or how to delete certain specific files....
  9. Flight Sim 2020 costs and file access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight Sim 2020 costs and file access: I received a pre-order offer for FS2020. If I pre-order the Standard version can I upgrade later to Deluxe or Premium versions for the same price differences? After the Aug 18th release date will the prices go up? Lastly, under the Additional Information, This App Can,...
  10. Flight Sim 2020 costs and file access

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Flight Sim 2020 costs and file access: I received a pre-order offer for FS2020. If I pre-order the Standard version can I upgrade later to Deluxe or Premium versions for the same price differences? After the Aug 18th release date will the prices go up? Lastly, under the Additional Information, This App Can,...