Windows 10: Sims 4/windows 10 issue

Discus and support Sims 4/windows 10 issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently updated my sims 4 and now I am getting the message “the application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b”. It was not doing this until I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/amethystskie00, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Sims 4/windows 10 issue

I recently updated my sims 4 and now I am getting the message “the application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b”. It was not doing this until I updated the game. Has anyone else had this issue?

submitted by /u/amethystskie00
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/amethystskie00, Nov 15, 2020

2. Unable to play Sims 4 on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community

As per the description, I understand that you are facing an error "The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1103)" while launching SIMS 4 in your computer. It seems like the issue is related with the inconsistency in the system files or
    driver update. I will certainly help you with your issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • When did you install SIMS 4?
    • Have you installed any updates before/after installing the game?
    • What are the system requirements for the game?
    • Have you update your Graphic Drivers?
    Refer the following steps to update graphic driver.

• Click on start button and go to control panel on the right column.
    • Change the view by (from windows explorer) to
      large icons or small icons.
    • Double Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adaptor, double click on the available entry.
    • Click the tab Driver, click Update Driver.
    Note: I also suggest you to update the display card driver from the computer manufacturer website as well.

Please confirm with the SIMS 4 support if they have released any patches for this game.

I would suggest you to perform clean boot and check you are able to play game.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot

Refer to the link to perform clean boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

If issue persists please have this game reinstall and check again.

Following are the steps to remove SIMS 4 from Program and Features:

• Press Windows + R, type control panel and then click on
      ok.
    • Double click on Programs and Features.
    • Uninstall all the SIMS 4 related software.
    • Reinstall the application.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 15, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Sims 4 deleting custom content

Hello KayleeAdams,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following questions:

1. Which version of Windows is installed on your machine?
    2. Are you accessing the game on Xbox device or Windows PC?

I would suggest you to enable custom content option and see if that works. To do that,

• Go to Game options > Other >
      Enable Custom Content and Mods.
    • If it isn’t ticked, place a tick mark and
      exit the game.
    • Later, get back to your game and see if your custom context is present.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to contact The Sims 4 Official Support from the following link:

https://help.ea.com/en/the-sims/the-sims-4/

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Sims 4/windows 10 issue

The Sims 4 Base Game (Standard Edition) FREE for a limited time

Read more:

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

Brink, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Sims 4/windows 10 issue

1. Sims 4/windows 10 issue - Similar Threads - Sims issue

2. Sim slot available and fingerprint reader available, but no cellular network settings, or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sim slot available and fingerprint reader available, but no cellular network settings, or...: MY question is in two parts.I have a hp EliteBook 850 g5, there's a sim slot available by the side but in the system settings, there are no for cellular/sim network.I am up-to date with updates and even updated all network drivers individually under Device Manager.Under...
  3. Sim slot available and fingerprint reader available, but no cellular network settings, or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sim slot available and fingerprint reader available, but no cellular network settings, or...: MY question is in two parts.I have a hp EliteBook 850 g5, there's a sim slot available by the side but in the system settings, there are no for cellular/sim network.I am up-to date with updates and even updated all network drivers individually under Device Manager.Under...
  4. Sims taking up Onedrive space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sims taking up Onedrive space: Hi, so I play sims 4 and sims 3 and have quite a bit of custom content. However EA downloads the game to the user folder, resulting in the games and therefore the folders for the mods to download to the Onedrive. I've looked on here and tried to get Onedrive not to sync these...
  5. Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 reinstallation issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 reinstallation issue: Yesterday FS2020 having worked fine for months suddenly went to Microsoft Store when trying to launch. Looking at the web this seems to be a common problem. I uninstalled the program but when I try and reinstall I just get error after a few seconds of pressing install. I have...
  6. RE: MSFlight Sim 2020 and Air manager issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RE: MSFlight Sim 2020 and Air manager issue: How do you fix "Did not find FS2 external_dll folder in user documentsfolder" when trying to pair MSF2020 with Air manager? Flight 2020 downloaded twice and still missing the external_dll file....
  7. Asus Sim PRO Dock problems with video output issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus Sim PRO Dock problems with video output issue: hi guys,i just bought a nice Asus SimPRO Dock and it seems that i cannot output video from it on HDMI. dont want to even try the VGA. it's black screen nothing, nada. I obviously have an Asus laptop :) ASUS VivoBook S15 S510UQ.It has been 1 hours of searching, installed...
  8. Microsoft flight sim 2020 control issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft flight sim 2020 control issues: Received this as a gift for Christmas the graphics are amazing and the game looks great but unfortunately I'm having some real difficulty playing it I have a Microsoft SideWinder precision 2 joystick which I've used for many years and works great on fsx but no matter how I...
  9. Flight sim 2020 crash issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flight sim 2020 crash issues: I keep getitng an Exception from HRESULT 0xC00014B. I assume this is a crash report. I this something I should be concerned about. The program seems to be working fine....
  10. Sims 2 Double Deluxe Download Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sims 2 Double Deluxe Download Issue: Hi There! I was trying to install the sims 2 double deluxe disc i have, but whenever I do i get a pop up that reads “ administration blocked you from installing this app." I am the administrator on this computer, and the only user, and even when I tried to run it as the...