Windows 10: Simultaneous Exclusive Fullscreen for two applications on two monitors

Discus and support Simultaneous Exclusive Fullscreen for two applications on two monitors in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Basically what I want to achieve is simple. I want to stream a football game via a browser, which has a full screen mode in the video, on my TV, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JaedenRuiner, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Simultaneous Exclusive Fullscreen for two applications on two monitors

Basically what I want to achieve is simple.

I want to stream a football game via a browser, which has a full screen mode in the video, on my TV, which is my HDMI second monitor.

At the same time, I want to run a game (Microsoft's Rise of Nations, for example) in full screen mode on my laptop monitor.

So far, the moment one goes full screen, the other monitor drops back to the desktop. So far window's borderless is the only way i can run games while streaming onto my second monitor. THis is annoying, because most games like 1080p, and can run with higher graphic settings, than the 4k monitor which is my laptop monitor. So i have to change resolution and a bunch of other annoying things instead of just defining, program A full screen monitor 1, program b full screen monitor 2.

Any way to configure this behavior?

Thanks

Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner

:)

JaedenRuiner, Nov 19, 2018
  2. Railander Win User

Maximized windows are unmaximized after running an application in exclusive fullscreen

I've noticed this problem now for well over 2 years on both my desktop and laptop computers.

The problem: After my display engages a program in exclusive fullscreen, some of my other applications that were maximized will then be unmaximized.

What boggles me is how inconsistent this issue is. The things I could learn over the past couple of years after real-world use are:

• It happens whenever the display engages a program running in exclusive fullscreen, so both starting up a program in EF or simply alt-tabbing out and back will trigger it.
    • As far as I can tell, any program running in EF will trigger the problem, though my tests are limited to only a handful of games: WoW; Overwatch; CS:GO; Paladins; Diablo 3; osu!.
    • Only certain maximized programs are affected, and the programs vary between my desktop PC and laptop PC. On my desktop, I think it only happens with Remote Desktop, while on my laptop it happens with Chrome.
    • The problem may or may not occur depending on each individual boot. Sometimes I boot the computer and it never happens even after I keep testing to see if it eventually will, and sometimes I boot and it happens every time even after I keep testing to see if it will stop. I don't have statistics, but I'd guess at least 90% of boots experience the problem.
    • It does not appear to be tied to any graphics driver nor GPU manufacturer as the laptop is running on an Intel iGPU (6200u) and the desktop has been through both AMD and NVIDIA GPUs (280X and 1080Ti), drivers on both computers were always updated to the latest ones every 2 months on average.
    • I've only tested in Windows 10 so far, but I've gone through several build versions (from RS2 to RS4) in both computers and the problem has always been present.

Over the years I've looked for answers on Google on and off but never found anyone with this particular issue, so I am really out of ideas.

Railander, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Ryan Mon1 Win User
    Unable to Remove Exclusions from Windows Defender

Thank you for posting back. If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Defender Antivirus has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Defender Antivirus from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to
    the exclusion list. It seems that it was added automatically. We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and select Update & security.
    • Click Windows Defender.
    • Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion.
    • Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.

If the steps provided did not work, we recommend that you boot your device to
    Safe Mode
    and redo the process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Simultaneous Exclusive Fullscreen for two applications on two monitors

Automatically moving a fullscreen window onto a new desktop

Hi Joel,

In Windows 10, there is an option to open an app in a fullscreen view. This way, it will be possible for you to make the fullscreen window move to a new desktop. Follow these steps to do so.

• Right click on the application.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click on the Shortcut tab.
    • Beside the Run option, click on the drop-down menu and then choose Maximized.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Simultaneous Exclusive Fullscreen for two applications on two monitors

1. Simultaneous Exclusive Fullscreen for two applications on two monitors - Similar Threads - Simultaneous Exclusive Fullscreen

2. Connecting to two SSIDs simultaneously

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting to two SSIDs simultaneously: Hello Community - I am experiencing something that I am unsure is an issue or Windows 10 networking working as intended. What I need to do is to connect to the Internet home Wi-Fi network using the onboard wireless NIC Wi-Fi and at the same time, connect to a hardware device...
  3. Two monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two monitors: I set up my computer with two monitors. Now my main monitor keeps reverting to #2 and my second smaller monitor is #1. How do I change it back or can I? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-monitors/d65b6e9d-404b-4b0a-bd12-9c6730983432
  4. Simultaneously two microsoft accounts on two differenc notebooks

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Simultaneously two microsoft accounts on two differenc notebooks: Hi, The situation is that I have just recieved my new notebook Asus GA502DU-AL5002. On my old one, I am logged in to my microsoft account, and the settings are synchronized. If I want to install windows 10 on the new notebook, can I use the same account simultaneously on...
  5. Two Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two Monitors: I had two monitors working on my computer and the second one stopped working after an update. I switched HDMI cords and check all connections still not working. Maybe the HDMI Driver needs updating?? Thank you for your help. John...
  6. two monitors

two monitors: I recently hooked up a second external monitor to my Dell Laptop due to the fact that I am forced to work from home now. Both monitors work, but I can't figure out how to have each monitor display something different, nor can I get an app to "slide" to the other screen, it...
  7. Two monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Two monitors: I have 2 monitors connected to PC. Is it possible to use them both on the same time. They must communicate. As example: Open picture on screen 1. Move that picture to screen 2. Open file again and display another picture on for screen 1. Both screens now with different...
  8. Two Monitors

Two Monitors: Why will Windows 10 not recognize my 2 Monitor? When I ask to detect my 2nd Monitor, I get not recognized from Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-monitors/71a83057-d4ae-4864-8f2c-98f4aa9e7403
  9. Two monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Two monitors: I connected two monitors to my Lenovo H50-55. One with a Vga cable, the other with an HDMI cable. The size of the monitors is different but resolution is the same. One is an LG analog the other an insignia digital set to fit the screen. Now I have both running (more or less)...
  10. Two Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Two Monitors: Newbie question re setting up two monitors: is it possible to a different program running on each monitor, e.g., to have an Acrobat file up on one and SketchUp running on the other? If so, can someone tell me how? The dual monitor set up options I've found don't include what...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. exclusive fullscreen second monitor