Windows 10: Simultaneous sound and picture/video problem on a laptop

Discus and support Simultaneous sound and picture/video problem on a laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there! About a year ago appeared on my laptop the following problem: While playing a video on e.g. YouTube the normal flow of sound and picture... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TrolatFrufru, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Simultaneous sound and picture/video problem on a laptop

Hi there!

About a year ago appeared on my laptop the following problem: While playing a video on e.g. YouTube the normal flow of sound and picture is disturbed, that is to say the sound is distorted and the video freezes. That lasts at the most 1 second. Then a video/sound continues and after a while it happens again Back then I googled my problem and read, that the problem is due to the wifi connection. I was advised to sit next to the router and connect it to the laptop with an ethernet-cable. I did it and the problem dissapeared. Even if I was near the router on a wireless connection the problem didn't appear! At this point, I should emphasize the circumstances under which the said problem first time occured: After a recovery I had Windows 8.1 back then, the wifi icon taskbar, on the left to the sound icon wasn't there, so I called the mircosoft hotline. A man got into the laptop by means a remote connection/quick assist, whatever, and fixed the problem. The fixing procedure lasted long I should add. Then I went online and I first encountered the said problem. Perhaps it was to happen and the man from microsoft support had nothing to do about it, I don't know. Later on August the 12th I installed windows10 I don't remember the exact reason why I did that The problem disappear after that. It reoccured on March the 10th, after a windows update. Again it was to happen and the update has nothing to do with it, I don't know. A strange thing: the problem occures not always, and mostly in the evening after 1800 hours As I wrote, when I connect to the internet with a ethernet cable or sit near to the router the problem isn't there. The problem occures mostly when I start to run the windows media player. Strangely when I run the w.m.p. near the router the problem won't appear, although w.m.p. function has nothing to do with the internet, or not?

If somebody could help me with this I would be thankful!

:)

TrolatFrufru, Jul 19, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Is it possible to play sound through headphones and HDMI output simultaneously?

Hi David,

I would like to inform that it is not possible to output sound through both the HDMI and the headphone jack simultaneously.

But you can watch video through HDMI and listen via headphone jack.

Follow the steps below.

• Right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar
    • Left click playback devices
    • Right click HDMI
    • Select Disable.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Simultaneous sound and picture/video problem on a laptop

No sound or pictures on my videos

Does anyone have suggestions on how to get my sound and picture back for videos, Ted Talks, and Netflix?

DeniseHoneyford, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Simultaneous sound and picture/video problem on a laptop

1. Simultaneous sound and picture/video problem on a laptop - Similar Threads - Simultaneous sound picture

2. Sound on system and VR headset simultaneously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound on system and VR headset simultaneously: I want to live stream simraces using my Pimax Crystal. Problem is that when I have sound on my headset I can't have on the system. I've tried the stereo mix using all options available but it didn't work. Or I have sound on Crystal and none on the system, or no sound anywhere...
  3. Sound on system and VR headset simultaneously

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound on system and VR headset simultaneously: I want to live stream simraces using my Pimax Crystal. Problem is that when I have sound on my headset I can't have on the system. I've tried the stereo mix using all options available but it didn't work. Or I have sound on Crystal and none on the system, or no sound anywhere...
  4. No Simultaneous Sound out of Audio Jacks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Simultaneous Sound out of Audio Jacks: How can I get simultaneous audio out of both the USBC and 3.5mm jacks in my Samsung Tab Pro S? The sound leaves the 3.5mm side as soon as I plug in the USBC. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  5. 20H2 sound and video problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    20H2 sound and video problems: So I updated my my windows 10 a few days ago, which i’m not using anymore because I went back to the previous version, but when I updated it my sound would not work and my videos, browser videos, wallpaper engine and games kept stuttering. The video would work for a second...
  6. No sound problems on video chat

No sound problems on video chat: No expert at all so having big problems on video chat as whilst I can hear and see them they can only see me, not hear. Taken a screen pic of sound settings which hopefully will reveal what's wrong.... Much appreciate any help thanks 153438
  7. No sound problems on video chat

in Windows 10 Support
    No sound problems on video chat: No expert at all so having big problems on video chat as whilst I can hear and see them they can only see me, not hear. Taken a screen pic of sound settings which hopefully will reveal what's wrong.... Much appreciate any help thanks 153438
  8. Using Onenote simultaneously with a lecture video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using Onenote simultaneously with a lecture video: Hello, I am a medical student using a Surface Pro 6 with Windows 10 and I have a unique question that I find myself stumped on. I'll preface my question with the problem I've encountered over the last few days. While watching school lectures on my external monitor, connected...
  9. video and picture

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    video and picture: Just got my new pc and my video and picture taking is not working right,when I try to take a picture all I see is a black back ground in the picture like I took it in the dark and the video does the same thing? is there a setting that I need to turn on????...
  10. Sound and Video Problems

Sound and Video Problems: Been a day since I installed it and I can't for the life of figure out how to enable sound. I've done most of the basic checks that I could think of - Tried to troubleshoot, tried to update drivers via Device Manager, Enabled Windows Audio via Services etc.. but nothing...