Windows 10: Simultaneously open multiple files with different apps

Discus and support Simultaneously open multiple files with different apps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; From Windows 10 file explorer, I cannot simultaneously open multiple files with different apps. For example, I want to open a .docx file with Word, a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by anpalm07, Apr 16, 2021.

1. anpalm07 Win User

Simultaneously open multiple files with different apps

From Windows 10 file explorer, I cannot simultaneously open multiple files with different apps. For example, I want to open a .docx file with Word, a .xlsx file with Excel, and .pdf file with Adobe at the same time. When I select the files I want to open and click enter or contol+shift+enter, none of the files open. Selecting the files and right clicking also does not provide me the option to 'Open.' Interestingly, I can simultaneously open multiple files with the same app i.e. open 3 .pdf files at once with Adobe. Default apps are already correctly assigned to the appropriate file type. How do I simultaneously open multiple files with different apps? Thank you!

:)

anpalm07, Apr 16, 2021

2. i cant open multiple apps on windows 10

Hi Jacklyn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue. 

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

• What happens when you try to open multiple apps?

• What exact error message are you get when you try to open multiple apps?

• Are you referring to Windows app or Desktop app?

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open multiple apps that you want.

• Right click on the task bar.

• From the jump menu select Show all windows side by side.
    I also suggest you to run app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Please get back to us with the above information, so that we can assist you better.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Simultaneously open multiple files with different apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Navje Win User

Renaming a file into multiple different names

Hi,

I'll simplify question, I have one file that needs to be renamed and copied into multiple different names is there any batch in Windows 10 (OS build 18362.476) that I could use, I am also opened for any other suggestions?

Navje, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Simultaneously open multiple files with different apps - Similar Threads - Simultaneously open multiple

2. Windows 10 can now stream multiple Android apps simultaneously

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 can now stream multiple Android apps simultaneously: Last year, Windows 10 Your Phone app was updated with Android apps streaming for select Samsung phones and Microsoft is now adding support for multiple Android apps. This feature is also gradually rolling out and it could take a few days to be enabled for all devices. After...
  3. Multiple users on one PC simultaneously

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple users on one PC simultaneously: I have a powerful PC, my partner has slow chromebook. Is it possible to make two instances of windows and both use my PC at the same time. i.e me sitting at my desk playing on my pc directly and her playing on her chromebook through remote desktop or something similar. 5/10...
  4. Is there a way to show multiple notifications simultaneously?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to show multiple notifications simultaneously?: Hello guys, back in the windows 7 days it was possible to see multiple notifications popup simultaneously. For example if you were to receive let's say 3 emails at the same time, 3 notification pop-ups would appear over the desktop, piled up, one above each other. Now...
  5. Windows simultaneously in multiple languages

Windows simultaneously in multiple languages: See screenshot below. Windows is currently set to English US in all places, including welcome screen, administrative, etc., but this happened on upgrade to Windows Pro 10. [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows10 with multiple apps open.

Windows10 with multiple apps open.: How do you disable the popup mapping window when you have multiple apps open and want to move/resize the screens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-with-multiple-apps-open/f00d34b5-30df-4043-8ad0-30e3af3e5b79
  7. multiple audio sources (different browser windows) playing simultaneously but each through...

multiple audio sources (different browser windows) playing simultaneously but each through...: I have had this happen whilst browsing, but I am not sure how to control it. I can't seem to get it to happen all the time, and would like to make it happen all the time. I'll set up my scenario and then describe how physically have things set up. I'm watching a video in...
  8. Opening apps on multiple screens

Opening apps on multiple screens: Hi. Am I missing a setting somewhere where I could set the application to open on the screen where I opened it? The scenario is I’m extending my display, so I have two desktop screens. When I open an app on my second screen, I want the app to open there instead of on the...
  9. Renaming a file into multiple different names

in Windows 10 Support
    Renaming a file into multiple different names: Hi, I'll simplify question, I have one file that needs to be renamed and copied into multiple different names is there any batch in Windows 10 (OS build 18362.476) that I could use, I am also opened for any other suggestions? 145227
  10. Opening multiple files in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening multiple files in file explorer: Windows 10. I no longer am able to open more than one jpg file in Photoshop Elements 14 (so maybe this is a PE problem as don't have a problem with Word or Excel files?) If I select more than one it will open every one except the first one selected (usually though seems a bit...