Windows 10: Simultaneously open multiple files with different apps

Discus and support Simultaneously open multiple files with different apps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; From Windows 10 file explorer, I cannot simultaneously open multiple files with different apps. For example, I want to open a .docx file with Word, a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by anpalm07, Apr 16, 2021.

1. anpalm07 Win User

Simultaneously open multiple files with different apps

From Windows 10 file explorer, I cannot simultaneously open multiple files with different apps. For example, I want to open a .docx file with Word, a .xlsx file with Excel, and .pdf file with Adobe at the same time. When I select the files I want to open and click enter or contol+shift+enter, none of the files open. Selecting the files and right clicking also does not provide me the option to 'Open.' Interestingly, I can simultaneously open multiple files with the same app i.e. open 3 .pdf files at once with Adobe. Default apps are already correctly assigned to the appropriate file type. How do I simultaneously open multiple files with different apps? Thank you!

:)

anpalm07, Apr 16, 2021

2. i cant open multiple apps on windows 10

Hi Jacklyn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue. 

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

• What happens when you try to open multiple apps?

• What exact error message are you get when you try to open multiple apps?

• Are you referring to Windows app or Desktop app?

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open multiple apps that you want.

• Right click on the task bar.

• From the jump menu select Show all windows side by side.
    I also suggest you to run app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Please get back to us with the above information, so that we can assist you better.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Simultaneously open multiple files with different apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Navje Win User

Renaming a file into multiple different names

Hi,

I'll simplify question, I have one file that needs to be renamed and copied into multiple different names is there any batch in Windows 10 (OS build 18362.476) that I could use, I am also opened for any other suggestions?

Navje, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Simultaneously open multiple files with different apps - Similar Threads - Simultaneously open multiple

2. When opening up multiple files simultaneously, why does Windows always open the last file...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When opening up multiple files simultaneously, why does Windows always open the last file...: Let's say in one folder I have 10 different PDF files named 1.pdf, 2.pdf ... 10.pdf and sorted by name. I select all 10 of them and press enter to open them at the same time. My PDF reader will always first open file 10.pdf and then 1, 2 3 and so on. This happens regardless...
  3. When opening up multiple files simultaneously, why does Windows always open the last file...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When opening up multiple files simultaneously, why does Windows always open the last file...: Let's say in one folder I have 10 different PDF files named 1.pdf, 2.pdf ... 10.pdf and sorted by name. I select all 10 of them and press enter to open them at the same time. My PDF reader will always first open file 10.pdf and then 1, 2 3 and so on. This happens regardless...
  4. Move Multiple Files to Multiple Folders Simultaneously

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move Multiple Files to Multiple Folders Simultaneously: Hello everyone! I have almost 900 PDFs that need to get moved from one folder to their own individual folders. I have about 200 folders with a set of PDFs in each to move. I found a way to rename them all with excel that was really helpful 2019- 386A- HAZCOM but right now I'm...
  5. Move Multiple Files to Multiple Folders Simultaneously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Multiple Files to Multiple Folders Simultaneously: Hello everyone! I have almost 900 PDFs that need to get moved from one folder to their own individual folders. I have about 200 folders with a set of PDFs in each to move. I found a way to rename them all with excel that was really helpful 2019- 386A- HAZCOM but right now I'm...
  6. Move Multiple Files to Multiple Folders Simultaneously

7. multiple apps not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    multiple apps not opening: I have issues opening some apps like ableton live,assassing creed 3,freepiano etc.It starts , loads then crashes without error.moreover i have noticed that windows debugger app wont even open..these problems are solved while opening via new user account.i have attached crash...
  8. Windows 10 how to open multiple shortcuts simultaneously ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 how to open multiple shortcuts simultaneously ?: is it possible to open several shortcuts in File Explorer ?File Explorer allows selection of multiple shortcuts but only one is opened.I know Batch file can do but wish to avoid maintenance of scripting.There's 3rd party apps like following to do but not yet allowed in my...
  9. Windows 10 how to open multiple shortcuts simultaneously ?

Windows 10 how to open multiple shortcuts simultaneously ?: is it possible to open several shortcuts in File Explorer ?File Explorer allows selection of multiple shortcuts but only one is opened.I know Batch file can do but wish to avoid maintenance of scripting.There's 3rd party apps like following to do but not yet allowed in my...
  10. Windows simultaneously in multiple languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows simultaneously in multiple languages: See screenshot below. Windows is currently set to English US in all places, including welcome screen, administrative, etc., but this happened on upgrade to Windows Pro 10. [ATTACH]...