Windows 10: Since 1909 my Startech eSata Multiplier card does not work

Discus and support Since 1909 my Startech eSata Multiplier card does not work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The Startech PEXESAT322Ihttps://www.startech.com/au/Search?search_term=esata&page=2 This allowed me to plug in a ext box with 4 drives in it using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidRix, Aug 19, 2020.

1. DavidRix Win User

Since 1909 my Startech eSata Multiplier card does not work

The Startech PEXESAT322Ihttps://www.startech.com/au/Search?search_term=esata&page=2

This allowed me to plug in a ext box with 4 drives in it using one eSata connection to the card in the Dell 9020.

It worked in 1903 until 1909 and the stopped. Still stopped in 2004.

Startech do not know about any driver changes in 1990 update from 1903.

Where can I find out what changes were made to stop it from working.

It is not the card or the box. It works in another 1903 box still.

Thanks

:)

DavidRix, Aug 19, 2020

2. Only one drive is showing up in Windows 10, connected using eSATA port multiplier

Hi Guido,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are facing issue of hard drive not recognizing using eSATA port multiplier. Since the issue is related to Silicon Image sil3726 based eSATA port multiplier using RAID1, we would suggest you to post your query in

IT Pro TechNet Forums
    where we have our support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on this issue to assist you with your query.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Aug 19, 2020
  3. bfunke Win User
    eSATA seems incompatible with Windows 10

When I first installed Startech eSATA card in 1505 windows did not natively recognize it until I installed the driver. It has since updated flawlessly to every version including 1909

bfunke, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Since 1909 my Startech eSata Multiplier card does not work

Windows 10 Pro - eSATA port Multiplier - multiple hdds

I have a new Lenovo AMD desktop PC i've converted into a server by function while waiting on the Win10 server published build; it was originally a Win10 Home and I upgraded via MSFT link. I've converted the pc to a dedicated small scale DB server with software
    removal and installations.

Generally speaking the PC has got great cpu and memory management capabilities and has yet to have a problem with any performance issues of any devices. I've even had to deal with DNS attacks and potential China based db hacks all successfully thanks to
    good advice from several blogs and forums.

I initially was going to put internal drive expansions into the box but found it only had two provisional spaces within the case for additional drives. This led me to using one or more external drive arrays. Because its working as a DB server for our business
    tech team I wanted to find a fault tolerant approach using storage or some other RAID or RAID simulator.

I have a PROBOX 4 bay 3.5" HD drive housing that provides a backplane for working with an eSATA port multiplier or USB 3 connection. For this box I chose the USB 3 connection and had Windows structure 3 of the 4 1TB drives as a single storage container;
    this left me with 1 2TB and 1 1TB drive representing two devices through Device Manager/Storage Manager. These all formatted and are working fine without bumps in performance. The combination allows the drives to act as RAID 10 in the Microsoft Storage
    Space plus a logging file system. This part is working fine.

I needed to expand the system to support another array for another purpose and decided to go with a StarTech PEXESATA2 card which is an eSATA II port multiplier card. When I initially installed the card connected to a VenusT5 mini drive box (it has its
    own onboard software configuration for creating a RAID system), the Windows 10 Storage Manager recognized all 5 drives in the housing. I went to set up the Storage Space and accidentally chose 4 not all 5 drives. As soon as I did that I no longer saw (see)
    the 5th drive. I have since removed the storage space for the 4 drives hoping it would solve the problem but it didn't. Now no matter what I do the 5th drive doesn't exist for Windows.

So I then ran the StarTech and VenusT5 mini software managers and both of them see the 5 drives, but Windows10 only sees 4 of the 5 drives.

This seems wholly weird in that from Windows Storage Manager I can see each of 4 drives individually or as a single available drive but I can no longer see the 5th drive. The drive is simply not visible to the Windows system, but both device controller
    programs outside of Windows sees the 5th drive.

Incase someones going to ask, yes I've rebooted the system several times during the install and updates to see if anything changes; .. no luck.

Does anyone have an idea how or why Windows would not see 1 of several drives in this type of scenario. (BTW I have reached out to both the drive housing and StarTech support teams while trying to solve this problem and am hoping to find a solution rather
    than waste the purchase of a 1TB HD).

Ideas?

varia fortuna, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Since 1909 my Startech eSata Multiplier card does not work

1. Since 1909 my Startech eSata Multiplier card does not work - Similar Threads - Since 1909 Startech

2. my gpu is not connected and they multiplied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my gpu is not connected and they multiplied: i have 2 gpu intel UHD graphic 620 and amd Radeon TM 530 the amd is missing it says code 45 but in the display manager there is 4 gpu one is AMD radeon R7 M440 and another intel UHD graphic 620 they all said the same thing code 45 i have tried everything i know of uninstall...
  3. Multiply Function Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiply Function Doesn't Work: So, When I Continue to Make My Computer, I'm trying to make a multiply function but when I use it, his result is always 1. but when I use another function like plus, it worked it have the same script with multiply. here I post 2 photos that might be helped out[ATTACH]...
  4. 1903 and 1909 network cards not working correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    1903 and 1909 network cards not working correctly: Point you to this article https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2019/09/15/microsoft-windows-10-update-problem-wifi-internet-nic-warning-upgrade-windows-10/#72881fcd11e0 Both my ethernet adaptors have been borked since 1903, had updates removed updates, blocked updates,...
  5. eSata to USB?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    eSata to USB?: My laptop has an eSata socket but all of my external drive docks are USB 3. Are there any adapters available that would let me connect the two? 141577
  6. Startech Superbox AL5744 does not work in Windows 10.

Startech Superbox AL5744 does not work in Windows 10.: I have a Startech Superbox, SAT2520ER, a Silicon Image 5744, USB/eSATA external box that will work in Windows 7, any version of Linux, but not any version of Windows 10(earliest to 1903). I connect using a HP 2000-2D37CL notebook using the USB ports and Win10 will...
  7. Only one drive is showing up in Windows 10, connected using eSATA port multiplier

Only one drive is showing up in Windows 10, connected using eSATA port multiplier: Hi, same question as in this thread ... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/esata-drive-not-recognized-in-w10/44f105e8-3ee7-42fa-85ac-aca5803c59ff My hardware/BIOS configuration used to work like a charme under Windows 7. I have a "sil3726" based eSata...
  8. Extreme slow boot time since eSATA HDD addition

in Windows 10 Support
    Extreme slow boot time since eSATA HDD addition: Hi all, My system uses a SSD drive and Fast Boot option in Windows (Hibernate = YES). Also, my BIOS is set to Fast Boot option. Usually, from cold boot it will log in within 8 seconds on average. For a PC restart, it takes about 15~20 seconds to login. Pretty manageable....
  9. Since when is an eSATA drive considered a 'removable' drive for backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Since when is an eSATA drive considered a 'removable' drive for backup: I've been using an eSATA drive since Win 7 and had no problem with Windows backup. Now, since Sunday morning, backup considers that drive 'removable' media and won't back up to it. Any ideas out there? (Since I couldn't do a Windows backup, I configured Macrim to do it,...
  10. StarTech USBVGAE2

StarTech USBVGAE2: Hi guys I'm currently running Win 10 on a Lenovo T410s on a dock, running 2 monitors. I have a USBVGAE2 that I would like to run a third monitor I have tried Star Techs Win 8 drivers with no luck and was wondering if anyone had suggestions? 2690