Windows 10: Since 1985, after nearly 33 years why is Microsoft still struggling to perfect their...

Discus and support Since 1985, after nearly 33 years why is Microsoft still struggling to perfect their... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today I went through hell trying to recover a windows 10 system. After buying a new laptop for my 9 year old son, we put his email address by mistake... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EddyJawed, Jul 30, 2018.

1. EddyJawed Win User

Since 1985, after nearly 33 years why is Microsoft still struggling to perfect their...

Today I went through hell trying to recover a windows 10 system. After buying a new laptop for my 9 year old son, we put his email address by mistake in the windows 10 first use to configure his machine. Being a minor I realised it was wrong to use his email and it wouldn't let me change the admin email no matter how much I tried, so I had to recover the machine.

Upon recovery the damn machine went into an infinite loop of updates stuck at 64% constantly rebooting for hours!

I'm now doing a factory reset again after reading numerous forums and hope it fixes.

However, this isn't the first time. Since Win 95 I've had constant headaches and fail to understand why its so difficult to create an operating system that just boots up quickly and lets you get to work.

Everyone is aware of Microsoft monopoly as being the platform of choice for hosting other software, but eventually it will give way to other vendors. I really think Microsoft ought to overhaul how they do things, who they hire and really look into customer satisfaction using their products.

This is not normal that people are wasting hours of their life trying to get computers to actually just perform their intended purpose and nothing else. We need to see changes, soon.

:)

EddyJawed, Jul 30, 2018

2. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    It was 1985... 26 years ago

Announced in 1983 (shortly after Apple released the "Apple Lisa", but before the Macintosh), Not released by Microsoft until 1985 as Windows 1.0:

Since 1985, after nearly 33 years why is Microsoft still struggling to perfect their... Windows1.0.png

Many of you out there weren't even born yet!

More history: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Windows

Sasqui, Jul 30, 2018
  4. MadClown Win User

Since 1985, after nearly 33 years why is Microsoft still struggling to perfect their...

It was 1985... 26 years ago

in 1985, Doc Brown's time machine made its maiden voyage.

MadClown, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Since 1985, after nearly 33 years why is Microsoft still struggling to perfect their... - Similar Threads - Since 1985 nearly

2. Dialer.exe, one of the oldest programs still included in Windows, is nearly 30 years old...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dialer.exe, one of the oldest programs still included in Windows, is nearly 30 years old...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/skyeyemx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ur1sz5/dialerexe_one_of_the_oldest_programs_still/
  3. AFTER 6 YEARS, WHY IS WINDOWS 10 STILL BUGGY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AFTER 6 YEARS, WHY IS WINDOWS 10 STILL BUGGY: it's past 6 years since the release of windows 10, it took me over 4 years to install it but I still see bugs and it's like everyday has a bug to offer. It's either blue screen of death or corrupted user profile when u haven't made any changes or installed any software. I'm...
  4. Why still after 5 years still windows 10 ABSOLUTE TRASH?!

Why still after 5 years still windows 10 ABSOLUTE TRASH?!: for god sake fix the damn thing instead of keep adding features no one want fix core principals of your OS no wonder share percentage os windows keep dwindling compare to Linux! i can see the damn files but search wont find it! even trashier than that is indexing option...
  5. Why does DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALndis.sys still exists after 7 WHOLE YEARS?

Why does DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALndis.sys still exists after 7 WHOLE YEARS?: WHY? WHY IT still exists? What does Microsoft do the whole workday? NOTHING, just pick one's nose and then calling it a day? I get a freaking bluescreen every time I Boot up and then it works the next time. All because of this stupid internet driver, and the previous...
  6. Why the tile bug after app update is still there after the YEARS?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why the tile bug after app update is still there after the YEARS?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/puppy2016 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f2bmcx/why_the_tile_bug_after_app_update_is_still_there/
  7. Windows has apparently unactivated itself after nearly a year without issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows has apparently unactivated itself after nearly a year without issue: Yesterday after using the computer for several hours, the "Activate Windows" watermark has appeared. I attempted to restart my pc in the hopes that would solve the issue but it's still there. I can't find any reason for this to have happened as it inexplicably appeared in the...
  8. i still don't understand after all these years why microsoft has not repaired ndas...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i still don't understand after all these years why microsoft has not repaired ndas...: had a ndas ximeta that worked fine in win7 but i have to plug usb now since an update long ago.i thought this isue would be resolved by now.i tried repluging my drive on the network and when i finished installing the driver it sees the hard drive but can't seam to mount it...
  9. This has struggles me for years but has finally changed... :/

in Browsers and Email
    This has struggles me for years but has finally changed... :/: I've had this big issue for years: [Should i switch to Edge orn't..] and finally did the switch on my Windows PC, but still have Chrome installed, (on my Android Phone i only have Chrome) Should i completely install Edge on my Android Phone to orn't.. many People use...
  10. "Go back to Windows 8.1" option is still there after 33 days

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Go back to Windows 8.1" option is still there after 33 days: 33 days ago I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1, and it went smoothly. Now 33 days later the option "Go back to Windows 8.1" is still there under Settings/Recovery and so is windows.old. It causing me no issues but its odd that Windows has not removed this option...