Windows 10: Since 2020 people are relating blank/black screen opening files with Windows Photo app and...

Discus and support Since 2020 people are relating blank/black screen opening files with Windows Photo app and... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It's 2024 and i'm facing this **** problem opening photos from network drives/folders. When will you finally provide a **** fix, Microsoft? NONE of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ricardo Almada BR, May 27, 2024.

1. Since 2020 people are relating blank/black screen opening files with Windows Photo app and...

It's 2024 and i'm facing this **** problem opening photos from network drives/folders. When will you finally provide a **** fix, Microsoft? NONE of solutions provided fixed NOTHING.

:)

Ricardo Almada BR, May 27, 2024

2. Photos App opens with blank / black screen

Photos App open with blank / black screen. Just started recently and is sporadic. I have re-installed, still does it, and it is sporadic .. not clear if its associated w/ file size, type, or whatever. The app open with a black screen (I have dark mode on).
    I have to close and reopen image then comes up. Files on are on desktop. Windows 10 on a high-end Dell.

Richard Denney, May 27, 2024
  3. ITM
    itm Win User
    Photos and Camera apps broken

My MS Photos app is no longer displaying photos, or videos. If I double click on any JPG the Photos app opens but displays a blank white screen. If I try to reset the app from Settings/Troubleshooting I also get a blank white screen when I select the Photos app. If I right-click on a JPG in File Explorer and select the "Open with" menu option the process freezes before opening the list of apps. I need to kill the Explorer process in Task Manager to recover it. If I capture a video using the MS Camera app I can see it in the "Collection" list when I open the Photos app, but the thumbnail is grey and the video does not play back when I click on it - I just get a blank white screen. I'm running Windows 10 Pro 21H1 - OS Build 19043.1706. Any idea how I can fix this?

4. Peer_Sam Win User

Since 2020 people are relating blank/black screen opening files with Windows Photo app and...

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, May 27, 2024
Thema:

Since 2020 people are relating blank/black screen opening files with Windows Photo app and...

1. Since 2020 people are relating blank/black screen opening files with Windows Photo app and... - Similar Threads - Since 2020 are

2. Since 2020 people are relating blank/black screen opening files with Windows Photo app and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since 2020 people are relating blank/black screen opening files with Windows Photo app and...: It's 2024 and i'm facing this **** problem opening photos from network drives/folders. When will you finally provide a **** fix, Microsoft? NONE of solutions provided fixed NOTHING....
  3. Blank/Black Screen

Blank/Black Screen: I was updating windows and then ran into a huge problem. When I turn on my PC it looks normal at first. Then it pops up with the a blue screen with time and date. Then I press enter and it goes to the login screen. From there the screen turned black after I try to login. Not...
  4. Blank/Black Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank/Black Screen: I was updating windows and then ran into a huge problem. When I turn on my PC it looks normal at first. Then it pops up with the a blue screen with time and date. Then I press enter and it goes to the login screen. From there the screen turned black after I try to login. Not...
  5. Photos app not recognizing people

Photos app not recognizing people: I've been trying the new photos people face recognition app and it seems quite inconsistent/ One time it works OK and now it doesn't work at all. I've had it running for several days and its not collected a single face. I've tried turning it on and off, uninstalling and...
  6. Photos App opens with black screen

Photos App opens with black screen: Good day I am experiencing a problem where the Windows 10 photos application is opening black images and this started a couple of weeks ago. The files can be opened on a different machine and I can also open the files using IrfanView on the same PC Dell Vostro 3500 with...
  7. Blank screen - update related?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank screen - update related?: Hello everywhere. I have a problem with blank screen on my laptop. When I turn on laptop, blank screen immediately appears. After 5th or something 10th time of turning it off (forced - by turn off button) and turning it on - the home screen appears. I have feeling that this...
  8. Photos App opens with blank / black screen

Photos App opens with blank / black screen: Photos App open with blank / black screen. Just started recently and is sporadic. I have re-installed, still does it, and it is sporadic .. not clear if its associated w/ file size, type, or whatever. The app open with a black screen I have dark mode on. I have to close and...
  9. "People" feature of Photos app

"People" feature of Photos app: The "People" feature in the Photos app is only showing photos up to February 2018. How do I get that "People" feature to add photos taken after that date? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-feature-of-photos-app/f96cef5d-d822-42b0-ba76-3b303590c500
  10. Photo App people tagging

Photo App people tagging: I have installed a new hard drive with a clean install of Windows 10 Home, Version 1809. I was hoping the photo app would re-scan my photos and tag them, but it seems to have halted with less than twenty photos tagged. The app does show all photos in my Pictures folder....