Windows 10: Since 20H2 touch keyboard stopped working

Discus and support Since 20H2 touch keyboard stopped working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there, what could prevent the touch keyboard from working? Or on the other side: what's required for it to work? Since 20H2 deployments it does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ogghi, Nov 5, 2020.

1. /u/ogghi Win User

Since 20H2 touch keyboard stopped working

Hi there,

what could prevent the touch keyboard from working?

Or on the other side: what's required for it to work?

Since 20H2 deployments it does only show on logon screen but once desktop is loaded or inside apps.

There is a script being applied to remove some apps, but it's the same as in 1909.

Any hints/ideas?

Thanks

ogghi

submitted by /u/ogghi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ogghi, Nov 5, 2020

2. Windows 10 touch keyboard has stopped appearing

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

A quick question before we proceed:

What is the KB number of the update you have installed?

To know the KB numbers of the failing updates, follow the below steps:

• In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.
      • In the left pane, click View update history.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to enable touch keyboard when there is no keyboard attached to the device.

• Press the Windows key
      or click on Start icon.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Devices.
    • Click on Typing.
    • Scroll down and toggle on: Automatically show the touch keyboard in windowed apps when there's no keyboard attached
      to your device.

Method 2:

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

2. Open the Keyboard and close it (just to check if it’s working).

2. Next click on Action center and select Tablet Mode.

3. Once you are in Tablet mode, again Right click on the Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

5. Open the Key board and check if it’s working in Tablet mode. Next check if it’s available on the task bar in both desktop and tablet mode.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Touch keyboard not working

Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

Please confirm the following things for me.

1. May I know the make and model of your system?
    2. Was there any major change on your system prior to which you were able to use the touch keyboard without any issues?

I would suggest you to check with the services again, there are a few dependency services that will need to be checked. Please follow the steps below.

1. Press the ‘Windows’ key and ‘R’ key together, this will open the ‘Run’ dialogue box.
    2. Type in ‘services.msc’ and press enter. This will open the ‘Services’ panel, in the list of services, find ‘Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service’.
    3. Right-click and select ‘Properties’. In the ‘General’ tab, change the ‘Startup type’ to ‘Automatic’ and click on ‘Start’.
    4. Click on the ‘Dependencies’ tab, expand the ‘Remote Procedure Call (RPC)’ and check the related services. You will find two services related to the ‘Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service’. Click on ‘Ok’, return to the ‘Services’
      window.
    5. Find the two services namely, ‘DCOM Server Process Launcher’ and ‘RPC Endpoint Mapper’. Start the services if they aren’t running and the ‘Startup type’ to automatic and click on ‘Ok’.
    6. Please check this link to ‘Open the touch keyboard’ and check if it works
      out for you.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Mon.k11 Win User

Touch keyboard pops up at login

Thanks for the help, this method worked.

Mon.k11, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Since 20H2 touch keyboard stopped working - Similar Threads - Since 20H2 touch

2. My touch keyboard stopped working in browsers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My touch keyboard stopped working in browsers.: I have an Acer spin laptop. The tablet mode works well, however the touch keyboard that pops up when I use it stopped working in browsersI tried google, mozila and duckduckgo. It worked at first, I noticed the mistake a few months ago. The touch keyboard works in my file...
  3. My touch keyboard stopped working in browsers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touch keyboard stopped working in browsers.: I have an Acer spin laptop. The tablet mode works well, however the touch keyboard that pops up when I use it stopped working in browsersI tried google, mozila and duckduckgo. It worked at first, I noticed the mistake a few months ago. The touch keyboard works in my file...
  4. My touch keyboard stopped working in browsers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard, touch pad and onscreen keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard, touch pad and onscreen keyboard stopped working: My hp pavilion 360 convertible keyboard stopped working. I uninstalled and reinstalled windows 10, then the touchpad and onscreen keyboard stopped working too. I cannot type at all. Help!!!...
  6. Keyboard, touch pad and onscreen keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard, touch pad and onscreen keyboard stopped working: My hp pavilion 360 convertible keyboard stopped working. I uninstalled and reinstalled windows 10, then the touchpad and onscreen keyboard stopped working too. I cannot type at all. Help!!!...
  7. Keyboard, touch pad and onscreen keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. touch keyboard does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touch keyboard does not work: touch keyboard will not launch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touch-keyboard-does-not-work/9ab9077c-b5a1-4336-a4d9-e6eb4991d3ff
  9. Keyboard not working properly since 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard not working properly since 20H2 update: Since I updated to the 20H2 version, my laptop has been having issues with some keyboards 3, e, d & c. I could resolve the problem by pressing e, d and c at the same time but this morning I did another update and there's no way to make those keys work. Is there a way to fix...
  10. Touch screen KEYBOARD NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touch screen KEYBOARD NOT WORKING: Hi i have a dell touch screen and recently i have found the touch screen keyboard does not pop up even when i click on the keyboard icon on the windows task tray can u help with a fix...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 Touch keyboard button not working