Windows 10: Since 7 to 10 update, neither Chrome or Firefox saves tabs

Discus and support Since 7 to 10 update, neither Chrome or Firefox saves tabs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; several weeks ago I finally got around to updating windows 7 to windows 10. Since then, I've had a few frustrating issues: The first is that 10 refuses... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/allhailchickenfish, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Since 7 to 10 update, neither Chrome or Firefox saves tabs

several weeks ago I finally got around to updating windows 7 to windows 10. Since then, I've had a few frustrating issues: The first is that 10 refuses to give me an option to set Firefox as my default browser on my main primary account (which has admin permissions). It is available on the default Admin account, however.
    The other problem is with reopening tabs after I close either Firefox or Chrome. Both browsers are set to their respective "remember where I left off" settings, but every time it gives me a clean slate.
    Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

submitted by /u/allhailchickenfish
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/allhailchickenfish, Mar 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Chrome and firefox are not working

This helped me with Chrome but not with Firefox.

I opened Control Panel>Troubleshooting>Programs>Advanced, Run as Administrator and then went through the steps. My problem was the Chrome wouldn't start at all, so I went through the steps and it asks what program you're having problems with, I chose Google
    Chrome, it'll go through a short diagnostic and then give you the option of Troubleshoot Program & then it gives a list of problems. I chose the first one: This program worked in earlier versions.... then click next, I clicked Windows 7, then next and it did
    it's little fix. I tested and Chrome opened up just fine.

No such luck for Firefox, though.

MarkLaFrance, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Naito Win User
    Explorer, Chrome or Firefox ?

Not that IE is my main browser (Firefox is), but Adblock Plus is available for IE now. Alternatively you can use custom Tracking Protection lists to perform a similar function. Personally, I find IE very good, but Firefox is slightly better for my use (also it's a habit). In my own personal testing, Chrome used twice memory of Firefox with exactly the same tabs open (due to the way it manages processes). Some people have experienced many issues with Firefox, but I rarely ever do.

Naito, Mar 20, 2020
  4. SkyAsma Win User

Since 7 to 10 update, neither Chrome or Firefox saves tabs

Chrome and Firefox do not work in Windows 10 after an update

Thanks for your response.

Here is what I faced and what I tried to resolve it.

• When did the issue start? : A week before I got an update on Windows 10, after the update I am no longer able to use Firefox/Chrome.

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred? : I did not make any changes but looked up for suggestions over here and ran Windows Update Troubleshooter. Nothing came in those runs.

• Have you tried updating your flash player? : No, I did not.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? : Answered above. The Troubleshooter did not resolve this issue. I have tried to reinstall both the browsers. Still nothing works.

SkyAsma, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Since 7 to 10 update, neither Chrome or Firefox saves tabs

1. Since 7 to 10 update, neither Chrome or Firefox saves tabs - Similar Threads - Since update neither

2. What is the Close tab shortcut in Chrome or Firefox on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 News
    What is the Close tab shortcut in Chrome or Firefox on Windows 11?: [IMG]In this post, we will see what the Close tab shortcut in Chrome and Firefox on a Windows PC. While working on a PC or laptop, keyboard shortcuts always make it easier for us to perform tasks quickly. They not only save us time but also enable us to work more efficiently....
  3. I have a Pro 7 and since I updated to windows 11 neither the touchscreen works or the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a Pro 7 and since I updated to windows 11 neither the touchscreen works or the...: I am very disappointed that Microsoft have still not come up with an update for what is obviously an issue with windows 11Since I updated my pro 7, which was working perfectly well before the update, I now cant use the touch screen or the facial recognition!I do not do...
  4. I have a Pro 7 and since I updated to windows 11 neither the touchscreen works or the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a Pro 7 and since I updated to windows 11 neither the touchscreen works or the...: I am very disappointed that Microsoft have still not come up with an update for what is obviously an issue with windows 11Since I updated my pro 7, which was working perfectly well before the update, I now cant use the touch screen or the facial recognition!I do not do...
  5. Since update to Windows 2004 seeing white bars on maximized Chrome and Firefox windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since update to Windows 2004 seeing white bars on maximized Chrome and Firefox windows...: I have 6 displays setup with 2 of them being on top of another 2 below. Since update to Windows 2004 seeing white bars on maximized Chrome and Firefox windows peeking into display on top. Here screenshots could upload for some reason here Chrome -...
  6. Downloading chrome or firefox

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading chrome or firefox: My new laptops won't download chrome or firefox. I think Microsoft is doing this on purpose because I see threads going back at least 2 years with same problem and it hasn't been addressed. I now can't even get the "offline" programs. Any help with this? Should I just...
  7. Separate Firefox/Chrome audio per tab and share it with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Separate Firefox/Chrome audio per tab and share it with Windows 10?: Initial situation Multiple tabs play audio simultaneously. I would like to create an audio stream for the Pro Tab and pass it to Windows 10. So that you have not only Chrome in the Windows Audio Mixer but also three different audio streams from Chrome. Is that possible...
  8. Browser windows and tabs open randomly in Edge, Firefox and Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Browser windows and tabs open randomly in Edge, Firefox and Chrome: Greetings, I started having this problem around the time I installed the Windows 10 Home 1909 version, build 18363.535. Web browser tabs are opening without user input. e.g. if I'm working in Firefox, the tab I am in will open my home page. Seemingly, in Edge, a new...
  9. Firefox vs Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox vs Chrome: I switched back to Google Chrome from firefox some months ago and it's been fine...However, i got curious *Wink today and decided to download Firefox again and play with it to see how it is now...One thing i did observe is that it does seem more snappy about loading in web...
  10. Facebook will not load on Chrome or Firefox since last Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Facebook will not load on Chrome or Firefox since last Windows 10 update: Since the last Windows update Facebook will not load on either Chrome or Firefox, but loads on Edge. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both and cleared cookies to no avail. the loading either times out or comes up with an error message. If I didn't know better (!)...