Windows 10: Since a Microsoft update, I lost connectivity to my Administrator account.

Discus and support Since a Microsoft update, I lost connectivity to my Administrator account. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Don't have password. I really need help. I have a Microsoft password, but that doesn't work either.Can someone please give me a simple bullet point way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SKstevens.72, May 25, 2022.

1. Since a Microsoft update, I lost connectivity to my Administrator account.

Don't have password. I really need help. I have a Microsoft password, but that doesn't work either.Can someone please give me a simple bullet point way to get access to Administrator?Thanks

:)

SKstevens.72, May 25, 2022
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

Well, I know what I would do.

Under Settings, Accounts, Family & other users, then under Other users, add someone else to this PC. Then click the link for "the person I want to add doesn't have an email address". Then click the link for "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Then enter a temporary user name like TempAdmin. When the account appears in the Other Users list, click on it. Click change account type. Make the temporary account an Administrator.

Log in as the temporary administrator account, and copy all the files you want to keep from both the Andrius folders under Users to the temporary account's folder. Then delete whatever Andrius users are listed under settings, accounts. Go back to the Users folders and delete any remaining Andrius folders in there. Reboot the computer, log in as the temporary administrator and recreate an Andrius account using the exact same steps you made the temporary account - you can convert it to a Microsoft account if you want later.

Then do the rest of the steps to copy all your files back and delete the temporary administrator account.

NavyLCDR, May 25, 2022
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

4. Since a Microsoft update, I lost connectivity to my Administrator account.

Linking Microsoft Account to my Local Account Caused me to Lose Administrator Access

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator account and try to change the account settings.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 2: Follow the below steps,

• Type User Accounts in the Search box from the desktop and select
      Change the User Accounts.

• Here you will be able to see all the user accounts on your computer.

• Select the User account and see if it is a Standard user account or Administrator.

• If it is standard user then, change it to Administrator.

• Now, log out from the Built-in Administrator account and try to log-in with your Administrator account.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 25, 2022
Thema:

Since a Microsoft update, I lost connectivity to my Administrator account.

1. Since a Microsoft update, I lost connectivity to my Administrator account. - Similar Threads - Since Microsoft update

2. Since a Microsoft update, I lost connectivity to my Administrator account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since a Microsoft update, I lost connectivity to my Administrator account.: Don't have password. I really need help. I have a Microsoft password, but that doesn't work either.Can someone please give me a simple bullet point way to get access to Administrator?Thanks...
  3. Since a Microsoft update, I lost connectivity to my Administrator account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since a Microsoft update, I lost connectivity to my Administrator account.: Don't have password. I really need help. I have a Microsoft password, but that doesn't work either.Can someone please give me a simple bullet point way to get access to Administrator?Thanks...
  4. Windows Update. Administrator Account and Files Lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update. Administrator Account and Files Lost: Hi. Can someone please help out. Accidentally carried out a windows 10 update from my guest account and my admin account and all the files in it are missing. How can I recover the account and the files in it? Literally all my important files were in there. Any help please?...
  5. Windows Update. Administrator Account and Files Lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update. Administrator Account and Files Lost: Hi. Can someone please help out. Accidentally carried out a windows 10 update from my guest account and my admin account and all the files in it are missing. How can I recover the account and the files in it? Literally all my important files were in there. Any help please?...
  6. Windows Update. Administrator Account and Files Lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I lost my administrator account in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I lost my administrator account in windows 10?: I was messing around and I somehow lost my administrator account now there is only one standard account on my computer, Now I am facing so many problems. E.g. I can't install anything...!!! Tell me How to format completely without admin rights like just a new empty pc with...
  8. My Local Administrator Account wont work since updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Local Administrator Account wont work since updates: Hi all, Since the latest Windows updates I cannot sign in with my "Local Administrator Account" "the username or password incorrect" message appears. The password is 100% correct and the Administrator account is active as Ive checked via CMD prompt. This happened before...
  9. Microsoft Account - Lost Administrator role

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account - Lost Administrator role: A week ago I had Administrator rights on this PC. For reasons unknown they have disappeared. I am no longer able to open downloaded apps. I have followed many fixes offered by Microsoft and others but in the end get to "Access Denied" or yet another request to log in to MS...
  10. administrator account lost

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator account lost: I had my motherboard replaced and now I have lost my administrator account. Can you help me? I have no trouble using the computer and there is only one account. I can't change anything till I can the account back....