Windows 10: Since a recent update the local explorer search results are degraded.

Discus and support Since a recent update the local explorer search results are degraded. in Cortana to solve the problem; The local search results e.g. upon [windows] [search string] are displayed as usual in the start menu, but when I click on one file and select "open... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by rin67630, Feb 26, 2021.

1. rin67630 Win User

Since a recent update the local explorer search results are degraded.

The local search results e.g. upon [windows] [search string] are displayed as usual in the start menu, but when I click on one file and select "open storage location" I get only windows-explorer showing the disk at root.
    When I select "copy the full path" it copies nothing.
    This is very annoying.
    How to restore the usual functionality?

:)

rin67630, Feb 26, 2021

2. windows explorer search won't show any results

Windows explorer search won't show any results. I've tried the 10 step method listed in the web search. no luck.

Jim Ampulski, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Deb C_52 Win User
    Formatting Search Results in File Explorer (Windows 10, after the recent upgrade)

Before the update, when I searched in File Explorer the results would list file folders first and then documents, most recent date first. Now, I don't see rhyme or reason to how the results are sorted. How can I fix that?

Deb C_52, Feb 26, 2021
  4. NMI
    NMI Win User

The recent change to the search function in explorer?

I think this is going to be a frequent cause of confusion and questions once more users get updated to version 1909 soon.

As far as I know, the File Explorer changes are only documented in the Insider Preview release from nearly six months ago:

But hopefully a better explanation of the changes will be published once 1909 is more generally released.

Thema:

1. Since a recent update the local explorer search results are degraded. - Similar Threads - Since recent update

2. windows explorer search partial results

in Cortana
    windows explorer search partial results: strange behavior: windows 10 pro windows-explorer, while using the regular explorer search bar not Cortana, the results displayed are only from files whos filename begins with the letter "A"your thoughts appreciated...
  3. windows explorer search partial results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer search partial results: strange behavior: windows 10 pro windows-explorer, while using the regular explorer search bar not Cortana, the results displayed are only from files whos filename begins with the letter "A"your thoughts appreciated...
  4. windows explorer search partial results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Strange Local Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Local Search Results: I have only had this laptop for three months, which came with Windows 10 home pre-installed. Using the Search box next to the Start icon at the bottom left of the screen, the search results show files (photos, videos, documents) from well before I bought this laptop. For...
  6. Recent files open by an App in search result

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent files open by an App in search result: How do i clear recent files open by an App in search result? I've try to clear all history from Explorer's Option I've try to Disable "Show recently opened item in jump list...." at start setting. please help Here is the recent that i mean, tat colored by yellow in...
  7. No Instant Search Result in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Instant Search Result in File Explorer: When searching in file explore search results are displayed right below the search bar in a list, but only when you hit Enter, the complete result is displayed. How do i restore it so i have Instant Search Results. Verson: 1909 OS Build: 18363.535...
  8. Windows Explorer search - no search results in subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer search - no search results in subfolders: I apologize if I get some of the terminology wrong. Hopefully the screenshots will help. Basically if I open Windows Explorer and select Pictures from the Navigation page, I can search for a file (IMG_2354) and find it correctly. The file is located in...
  9. File Explorer Search: Results not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Search: Results not opening: When I use File Explorer Search in my user folders, the results appear to have lost their association and do not open when I click them. Before search: [img] After search for "Get" [img] Note the icons have gone, the folder is not listed. Clicking the file does...
  10. Can't get local search results on one machine (only web results)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get local search results on one machine (only web results): Hi folks. New to forum :-). Yesterday I upgraded two Dell laptops and my desktop machine to Windows 10. I am really liking it so far. But I have two things I can't seem to resolve: 1. Search - On my two Dell laptops if I search for, say, User Account Control, at the top of...