Windows 10: Since Creators, USB modem works on Tablet but not on Laptop SOLVED

Discus and support Since Creators, USB modem works on Tablet but not on Laptop SOLVED in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a (ZTE) USB modem that I use to connect to the internet over the mobile/cell phone network. Since "upgrading" my laptop to Win 10 Creators... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BobSter2, Jun 9, 2017.

1. BobSter2 Win User

Since Creators, USB modem works on Tablet but not on Laptop SOLVED

I have a (ZTE) USB modem that I use to connect to the internet over the mobile/cell phone network. Since "upgrading" my laptop to Win 10 Creators edition, I have not been able to launch a connection. The (telstra) dialling app returns "The modem (or other connecting device) is already in use or is not configured properly."

However, exactly the same setup on my Tablet computer works just fine. Same OS, same dialler sotware, same drivers, same device.

I have removed/reinstalled the drivers, and dialler software.

I infer that something else on my Laptop is conflicting, but don't know what.

I have tried everything in here:
    Fix: Error 633 Modem (or other connecting device) is already in use - Appuals.com

The stuff (5 and 6) about conflicts on port 1723 looked hopeful, but didn't help. Is it possible I am using a different port? If so, how do I find out which one?

the nets.txt text is here:
    'Untitled Post' | TextUploader.com

any ideas ?

TIA

p.s.
    The (problem) laptop is a Lenovo Yoga2pro, Win 10 Home Build 15063.332, 64bit, i7-4300U
    The (no problem) tablet is a Tesco Connect, Win 10 Home Build 15063.332, Atom Z3725G "32-bit OS, x64-based processor"

:)

BobSter2, Jun 9, 2017

2. Driver error

my laptop was intalling usb modem driver but i closed it by mistake and now my device is not working in my laptop. How to solve this?

HariomMishra, Jun 9, 2017
  3. No wireless connection for laptop

Since updating my laptop to Windows 10 it does not ask for the Modem password when connecting to the internet.

My phones and tablet requested the password and connected to the Modem but my laptop does not and it will not automatically connect. I have a BT Infinity Home Hub 5 Modem and the laptop recognises it but will not connect to it. Help please Microsoft!

BrianBergerXO, Jun 9, 2017
  4. Since Creators, USB modem works on Tablet but not on Laptop SOLVED

Hi BobSter2

When I searched your issue it looks like lots of people are experiencing and has been an issue for some time.

I found this. According to article it helped 190 people.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...6-58e413d2668e

Now before doing anything with the registry research backing up and restoring registry. I would also recommend creating a restore point and would go a step further in creating an Image using a tool like Macrium Reflect. Its free and recommended by forum members, there is even a tutorial on the subject.

I do not use such a modem and I have not tried the registry mod.

While it may not be the most desirable solution, falling back to the Anniversary update may be the best solution. Then setting Windows not to update on Metered Connections (of course you would have to tell Windows this is a metered connection.)

I believe another cumulative update is schedule for this Tuesday. You may also wish to wait to see if this contains possible fix. Shawn usually posts an update as to what is in update on the forum in the "Windows 10 News" section.

You can manual download the update on a working machine at catalog.update.microsoft.com. Before manually installing issue this command to stop the windows update service.

net stop wuauserv

After the install, reboot.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 9, 2017
  5. BobSter2 Win User
    BobSter2, Jun 9, 2017
  6. Glad the forum could help. If you wouldn't mind marking thread solved others will find your solution.

Caledon Ken, Jun 9, 2017
  7. BobSter2 Win User
    Hi, yes I looked for a button to do that, but couldn't find one.

I have edited the thread title now. Let me know if I need to do anything else. Thanks again.

BobSter2, Jun 9, 2017
  8. Since Creators, USB modem works on Tablet but not on Laptop SOLVED

The box should be right above where you "Quick Reply".

Caledon Ken, Jun 9, 2017
  9. BobSter2 Win User
    The June 2017 Patch Tuesday updates seem to have fixed the source of the problem - now no need for the Registry mod. FYI.

BobSter2, Jun 13, 2017
  10. Progress, albeit slow. Thanks for posting back.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Since Creators, USB modem works on Tablet but not on Laptop SOLVED

1. Since Creators, USB modem works on Tablet but not on Laptop SOLVED - Similar Threads - Since Creators USB

2. USB Modem No Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Modem No Audio: I have a new USB Modem believed to be Conexant which I use for dial-out on Windows 11. It appears to dial out correctly but produces NO AUDIO. This makes the device useless as I don't know when to pick up. I have tried very many fixes, having Windows search for the best...
  3. USB Modem No Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Modem No Audio: I have a new USB Modem believed to be Conexant which I use for dial-out on Windows 11. It appears to dial out correctly but produces NO AUDIO. This makes the device useless as I don't know when to pick up. I have tried very many fixes, having Windows search for the best...
  4. [solved] USB wireless headset not working properly with a specific laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [solved] USB wireless headset not working properly with a specific laptop: Solved EDIT: wow, after hours of troubleshooting I solved it a minutes after I posted this. For anyone else who is having the same issue my solution was as follows:In sound control panel I clicked on the device and hit properties, then in the advanced tab the default format...
  5. Usb Modem

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Usb Modem: Hello, I am using usb modem Huawei for the intenet on my pc and everything is working but the microsoft store and xbox app. When I switch to Wi-fi everything works fine. Why ? Error code : 0x80131500...
  6. USB Conexant Modem Not Working With Windows 10

USB Conexant Modem Not Working With Windows 10: I've had to recently reset my PC to upgrade to Windows 10 1809. This is done but my Modem no longer works. It is a USB Conexant model, one of these: [img] I have the CD with drivers and have tried them all. Tried downloading various drivers/Windows Update etc. This...
  7. Since Creators Update Game DVR is not working anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since Creators Update Game DVR is not working anymore: Since Creators Update Game DVR is not working anymore. Before update i moved Captures folder to partition "E:". Now when i click to turn DVr on it come back automatically to off. If i go "open DVR folder location" it just opens nothing. In Xbox app in Game DVR tab it says...
  8. AutoComplete not working in Edge Since Fall Creators Update?

in Browsers and Email
    AutoComplete not working in Edge Since Fall Creators Update?: Hello, I remember before the Fall Creators Update, Edge would autofill certain pages addresses that I visited before when I start typing a word of the subject that the page is discussing (thus not necessarily the address itself). This does not seem to work anymore...
  9. since upgrading to creator constant usb unplug and plug in noise???

since upgrading to creator constant usb unplug and plug in noise???: Driving me nuts USB suspend is disabled but i keep getting the noise as if something is unplugging and plugin back in and its driving me bonkers here, is there a log or something or a tool i can use to find out what the heck is disconnecting and reconnecting???. 83029
  10. USB Soundcard issue since Windows 10 Creators Update

USB Soundcard issue since Windows 10 Creators Update: Hello, I wonder if anyone could help me please. I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop and I'm having USB soundcard issues, since updating to the creators. I have tried a couple of different USB cards one being an Asus U3 and the other being a cheaper USB soundcard "Ugreen". I...