Windows 10: since d/l Win 10 ... no Internet

Discus and support since d/l Win 10 ... no Internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Timwas8, Go to Control Panel, open Network and Internet then, Network and Sharing Center, click on Change adapter settings on the left side to open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Timwas8, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Railtech Win User

since d/l Win 10 ... no Internet

Timwas8,

Go to Control Panel, open Network and Internet then, Network and Sharing Center, click on Change adapter settings on the left side to open Network Connections. Select your network adapter that is giving you the problems and select Change settings of this connection. Grab a screenshot of the result and post here. Also, are there any other adapters listed besides the problem one? If so post what are they and any details that you note about them.

Railtech, Jan 6, 2016
  2. AnEdge Win User

That's too much Tim, just try going into settings, update and security>Recovery>reset this PC and choose to keep everything...If that doesn't work the then you can do a clean install using the Techbench ISO, which is very easy...you can Google that procedure and there are a lot of videos.

Watch this reset video first

let me know how it goes

AnEdge, Jan 6, 2016
  3. Timwas8 Win User
    Railtech

I hope these mean more to you than they do to me

since d/l Win 10 ... no Internet [​IMG]

the first 2 are in fact the same dialogue box but had to be taken in 2 bites

Timwas8, Jan 6, 2016
  4. Timwas8 Win User

AnEdge

I cannot be rude to Railtech who is kindly trying to help, but ... I am so close to welcoming back Windows 7 again. The thought of going through this again is very offputting for me. The extent of my knowledge on this topic could be written in "H1" on a pinhead.

Timwas8, Jan 6, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Neexd the info under Network Adapters in Device Manager, something like this:

Ztruker, Jan 6, 2016
  6. Timwas8 Win User
    Ztrucker,
    I hope this makes sense

Timwas8, Jan 6, 2016
  7. Railtech Win User
    Timwas8,

I suspect that your network adapter driver files are not compliant with Win 10. You can get the latest drivers at the link below.

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList..._815x_816x.exe

Once you have the driver file downloaded you must extract the contents of the file so create a folder to place the downloaded file in and then extract the files from the .exe download. You can try Windows extraction by right click on the file however Windows cannot extract all file types so if extract does not appear in the right click menu you will need to use something like 7zip to do the extraction.

Once extracted, open Device Manager, look for Network adapters and expand it. Locate the Atheros Qualcom entry, click to select, then right click and choose Update driver. When the dialogue box appears select Browse my computer for driver software then point to the folder where you did the extraction of the downloaded file and choose OK. Windows will locate the appropriate files and install them.

This should clear up your problem.

Railtech, Jan 6, 2016
  8. Timwas8 Win User

Railtech, Good morning

All done and NO Internet
    *Sad

Edit
    I have just tried to reset Windows 10 ... it failed, something about "missing boot device"

You gotta laff *sarc
    I will not close this post yet, unless I am advisedc to ... all is cool, I think I will try the clean install method then visit my suggestion and yep ... AnEdge ... it is too much, but I if the clean install fails then what's left?

Timwas8, Jan 6, 2016
  9. Private Win User
    If you connected through VPN, try to use the direct connection.

For once, please deselect COMODO Internet Security Firewall Driver from LAN properties and reboot with the connection turned on. See if it'll make any changes.

Private, Jan 6, 2016
  10. Timwas8 Win User
    Well, that was even more fun *sarc Windows 10 would not start. Some stammering could be heard, which I assume were the fans because I am using a SSD.

I have a feeling that plan B, aka the lump hammer, is very much on the horizon ... unless??????

Private
    I do not use a VPN of any sort. I declined the option when installing Comodo firewall

Timwas8, Jan 6, 2016
  11. Timwas8 Win User
    Thank you everyone for giving up their time and for any researching they did on my behalf.

Although, in the end the solution for me, was to migrate back to Win7, and redownload Win10. Whilst this has solvede my problem, it has left me feeling very uncomfortable with Win 10, but that is another story.

The thanks are genuine and heartfelt.

Tim

Timwas8, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. since d/l Win 10 ... no Internet - Similar Threads - since Internet

2. No internet access since 23h2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet access since 23h2 update: Hello,With the 23h2 update today, it seem that my computer cannot connect to internet. Wifi, etherner, doesnt matter. I https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-access-since-23h2-update/dd08d80f-aad8-4e2c-b8f8-10a358ab2246
  3. No internet access since 23h2 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet access since 23h2 update: Hello,With the 23h2 update today, it seem that my computer cannot connect to internet. Wifi, etherner, doesnt matter. I https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-internet-access-since-23h2-update/dd08d80f-aad8-4e2c-b8f8-10a358ab2246
  4. I updated my Windows 11 and ever since then my internet speed is less than 10Mbps. My...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated my Windows 11 and ever since then my internet speed is less than 10Mbps. My...: I have followed all solutions present online such as Network Reset, Command Prompt actions, Advanced Network settings, Updating drivers etc. and still the internet speed on my Windows computer is limited to less than 10Mbps Usually around 2Mbps!. This system is my main work...
  5. I updated my Windows 11 and ever since then my internet speed is less than 10Mbps. My...

I updated my Windows 11 and ever since then my internet speed is less than 10Mbps. My...: I have followed all solutions present online such as Network Reset, Command Prompt actions, Advanced Network settings, Updating drivers etc. and still the internet speed on my Windows computer is limited to less than 10Mbps Usually around 2Mbps!. This system is my main work...
  6. Since February 9, 2023 Windows update I can't connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since February 9, 2023 Windows update I can't connect to the internet: On February 9, 2023 my Windows update downloaded and since then I cannot connect to the internet. Troubleshooter tells me I need a driver for my ethernet 2 adapter or network adapter this message seems to alternate. How can I get this? Is it an Intel adapter? Intel tells me...
  7. Since February 9, 2023 Windows update I can't connect to the internet

Since February 9, 2023 Windows update I can't connect to the internet: On February 9, 2023 my Windows update downloaded and since then I cannot connect to the internet. Troubleshooter tells me I need a driver for my ethernet 2 adapter or network adapter this message seems to alternate. How can I get this? Is it an Intel adapter? Intel tells me...
  8. Internet keeps cutting out ever since I got a new PCIE Network Card.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet keeps cutting out ever since I got a new PCIE Network Card.: Hi.So I recently got a new PCIE Network card, and ever since I have been getting disconnected for a few seconds once in a while.Sometimes its 5 seconds, then 30 seconds and it can happen at any time.I have tried loopback pinging and when the internet cuts out the cmd says...
  9. Internet keeps cutting out ever since I got a new PCIE Network Card.

Internet keeps cutting out ever since I got a new PCIE Network Card.: Hi.So I recently got a new PCIE Network card, and ever since I have been getting disconnected for a few seconds once in a while.Sometimes its 5 seconds, then 30 seconds and it can happen at any time.I have tried loopback pinging and when the internet cuts out the cmd says...
  10. Since the latest set of windows updates, I am no longer able to access the internet whilst...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since the latest set of windows updates, I am no longer able to access the internet whilst...: So, I didnt updated my PC for like a week or so, yesterday morning I updated it. Then when I started it up. I couldn't use my mobile hotspot?Context: I use my mobile hotspot on my desktop with a Wifi enabled motherboard because I have ethernet into my flat, but the router...