Windows 10: Since downloading Windows 11 Home Printing is a problem

Discus and support Since downloading Windows 11 Home Printing is a problem in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since downloading Windows 11 Home I have been unable to print in colour. I use a HP ENVY 4520 all in one printer, and I use the app from Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tynesider1947, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Since downloading Windows 11 Home Printing is a problem

Since downloading Windows 11 Home I have been unable to print in colour. I use a HP ENVY 4520 all in one printer, and I use the app from Microsoft Store "HP Smart" to do all my printing. HP have been unable to help except to direct me to HP Print and Scan Doctor. If I print a test page via HP Print and Scan Doctor, it will print in colour. However, if I use Microsoft Word, or Paintshop Pro it will only print Black. Therefore the problem is not in the HP Software or the Printer, If anyone can help me with this I would be very grateful. I have been trying to fix this all day. I have even change

:)

Tynesider1947, Dec 10, 2021

2. Printing problems in IE 11

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community

I can understand your concern, I’ll be glad to assist you on this issue.

Method 1: Try printing a webpage running
    Internet Explorer
    as an Administrator.

• Right-click Internet Explorer and select
      Run as Administrator.

• Browse to a website and try test printing a page while running as the Administrator.
    Method 2: Try printing a webpage after disabling Protected Mode, to do this follow these steps:

• Launch Internet Explorer and Click the
      Tools
      icon in Internet Explorer.

• Click the Security tab and uncheck the checkbox beside
      Enable Protected Mode (requires restarting Internet Explorer).

• Click Apply, and then click OK.

• Close all open Internet Explorer windows, and then restart Internet Explorer.

• Browse to a website and try test printing a page while running as the
      Administrator.
    Method 3: Set Internet Explorer as default browser and check for the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/make-ie-default-browser#ie=ie-11

Additionally you may try the steps from the following link and check:

Fix printer problems

Fix printer problems in Windows 7 and Windows 8.1

Hope it helps!

SujataMoktan, Dec 10, 2021
  3. Printing web pages in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update and apologies for late response.

• Are you able to print via Internet Explorer 11?
    • What kind of contents and extensions do you want to print?
    I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to print documents in the Windows 10 Edge browser and check if it helps:

• Once the document is open in Edge, press
      Ctrl+P or More actions button at the top last end of the browser.

• Click Print as PDF button.

• Check if the document prints as expected.
    If the above steps did not work, try the next methods.

Method 2: Set your printer as default.

• Press Windows key and type
      Control Panel

• Click on view by and select large icons.

• Open Devices and printers.

• Right click on your printer and select set a default printer.
    Check if it helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Niranjan Manjhi, Dec 10, 2021
  4. Since downloading Windows 11 Home Printing is a problem

Printing problems in IE 11

Hi Ash,

• Do you get any error message while printing?

• Are you able to print from other websites?

• Did you try the above troubleshooting steps?
    This issue may occur due to outdated or corrupted printer drivers, if you do not have printer permissions assigned, if Protected Mode is enabled for the Internet security zone of the web page or if there is an issue with temporary folders on your user
    account and the Low folder under the %TEMP% location has been deleted.

Try the given steps and check if it helps.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Dec 10, 2021
Thema:

Since downloading Windows 11 Home Printing is a problem

1. Since downloading Windows 11 Home Printing is a problem - Similar Threads - Since downloading Home

2. Windows 11 Home download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home download: Good afternoon to all.I bought Windows 11 Home with a key for £119 in the online shop of this site, but I don't see a link to download the product. Can you please tell me where I can download Windows 11 Home? Please share the link.PS Windows 11 Pro is pre-installed on my...
  3. Windows 11 Home download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home download: Good afternoon to all.I bought Windows 11 Home with a key for £119 in the online shop of this site, but I don't see a link to download the product. Can you please tell me where I can download Windows 11 Home? Please share the link.PS Windows 11 Pro is pre-installed on my...
  4. Printing problem since update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing problem since update.: My Brother copier is no longer printing images correctly. Driver problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-problem-since-update/aff5ebd2-5ff5-4f77-a183-ac13afdef818
  5. Printing problem since update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing problem since update.: My Brother copier is no longer printing images correctly. Driver problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-problem-since-update/aff5ebd2-5ff5-4f77-a183-ac13afdef818
  6. Printing problem since update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Since downloading Windows 11 Home Printing is a problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since downloading Windows 11 Home Printing is a problem: Since downloading Windows 11 Home I have been unable to print in colour. I use a HP ENVY 4520 all in one printer, and I use the app from Microsoft Store "HP Smart" to do all my printing. HP have been unable to help except to direct me to HP Print and Scan Doctor. If I print a...
  8. Continued Printing Problem Since Windows Update 1909

Continued Printing Problem Since Windows Update 1909: To rehash, on June 11th, I posted to the community... My wife's computer installed the Windows update yesterday, but today when she attempted to print to our networked Brother HL-4040CN, it would not print, not even a test page. It printed fine the day before. I...
  9. WILL NOT PRINT SINCE UPDATE

WILL NOT PRINT SINCE UPDATE: since the latest windows update today, 5 Jan 2020, when I go to print, the system goes to "print to file" orfor PDFs - "save to print folder"? Solution please as I need to print urgently...
  10. printing problem since last update

printing problem since last update: Everything I try to print goes into 'Print to File' mode, even though I made sure that box wasn't ticked in each program I tried to print from. I followed instructions on videos but no luck. So much wasted time!...