Windows 10: Since homegroup is gone I can't find my network printer.

Discus and support Since homegroup is gone I can't find my network printer. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since homegroup is gone I can't find my network printer or computers for that matter.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rob2e, Jul 9, 2018.

1. rob2e Win User

Since homegroup is gone I can't find my network printer.

Since homegroup is gone I can't find my network printer or computers for that matter.

:)

rob2e, Jul 9, 2018

2. network printer

Hi,

Along with the suggestions provided by Robert, you can also try the steps below.

What is the exact error message you receive?

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.
    You can refer the link below and check if it helps.

HomeGroup problems in Windows: Refer to "I can't print to a homegroup printer"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/homegroup-problems-in-windows

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Unable to use printer via homegroup

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing while using printer. I will certainly help you.

I appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting the issue.

To assist you better please answer the below mentioned questions:

• Are you using the same Windows version on all the systems?

• Do you see any error code/message? If yes please mention the full error code/message.

• How is the printer connected to network, wirelessly or via LAN?
    Meanwhile I suggest you to please follow the mentioned steps:

• Leave the Homegroup on the specific laptop.

• Now restart the laptop, and join the
      Homegroup once the laptop starts.

• Select the Libraries and Devices
      you will be sharing.

• Enter the Password to join the
      Homegroup.

• Make sure that all the computers in the
      Homegroup should have LIBRARY and DEVICES set to share printers, files, or videos.
    Please reach back to us, if you still face difficulty while sharing printer via Homegroup. We will happy to help you.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Jessen P Win User

Printing to a Wireless Homegroup Printer

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows.

There are several reasons why you might not be able to print to a homegroup printer:

• The printer is turned off.

• The computer that the printer is connected to is turned off, asleep, hibernating, or has left the homegroup.

• Another member of the homegroup stopped sharing the printer.

• Network discovery might be turned off.

• The printer has a non-USB connection and must be shared using Devices and Printers in Control Panel.

• An incorrect printer driver is installed. Printers must use the correct driver for the type of computer they are connected to (x86-based or x64-based). Many printer drivers can be downloaded automatically from Windows Update.
    Please make sure all the necessary steps have been taken care of.

[*]
    Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

[*]

Jessen P, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Since homegroup is gone I can't find my network printer. - Similar Threads - Since homegroup gone

2. Can't find network printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find network printer: Hi,I'm trying to add a network printer, but i'm having problems finding it.I'm connected to a wifi network configured as public. I have network discovery for public networks activated on advanced sharing settings, ans it's also allowed on firewall settings, but i can't find...
  3. Can't find network printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find network printer: Hi,I'm trying to add a network printer, but i'm having problems finding it.I'm connected to a wifi network configured as public. I have network discovery for public networks activated on advanced sharing settings, ans it's also allowed on firewall settings, but i can't find...
  4. Can't find my printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find my printer: I am trying to download a printer. Microsoft is not recognizing my sign in, but I am signed in already https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-printer/67a0e7f2-a58f-407c-a9e8-e9efa6d24bc2
  5. Can't find my printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find my printer: I am trying to download a printer. Microsoft is not recognizing my sign in, but I am signed in already https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-my-printer/67a0e7f2-a58f-407c-a9e8-e9efa6d24bc2
  6. I cant find the Homegroup option in the network sharing centre!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant find the Homegroup option in the network sharing centre!!!: I am unable to find the HOMEGROUP option anywhere.Is there an alternate way to link all my computers in the floor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-the-homegroup-option-in-the-network/4cd402e8-0e06-4c29-9599-ff7562478295
  7. Cant play lan games since HomeGroup feature gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant play lan games since HomeGroup feature gone: So my friend and i recently updated our windows to the latest version .. we hooked up my router as usually and tried to play a Lan game but we couldn't find each other... so I figured we have to set up the homegroup thingy again . turns out theres no more homegroup .. okay...
  8. unable to see my desktop on my network since Homegroup was removed

unable to see my desktop on my network since Homegroup was removed: Since the Windows 10 1804 update my desktop will not show in network on my two laptop computers. Makes me miss Home Group. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/unable-to-see-my-desktop-on-my-network-since/fe1ee1db-47e0-482f-bc8b-8947574ea69f
  9. HomeGroup and network connectivity oddities since upgrading

HomeGroup and network connectivity oddities since upgrading: Update Aug 15th: The network issues have been resolved by modifying SMB2 settings in the registry, as per my posts on page 2. Now, just a persistent HomeGroup error remains. ------------ Ok, first off, a quick run-down on my setup - the "core" of my network consists of a...
  10. Can't find "show password" for homegroup

Can't find "show password" for homegroup: Hi folks - having trouble recovering my password for a Homegroup, Windows 10. I know, know - I don't know why I don't have it written down along with my other bazillion passwords... I'm on the computer I used to set up the Homegroup, which I vaguely recall setting up a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant find my other computers on network since homegroup was stooped